There are 132 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
the 49ers went from 5-0 in super bowls to now 5-3. shanahan is responsible for TWO of the 3 losses. he had TWO chances to take out the chiefs an had a LEAD in each one an blew it. if it happens twice, with him having a better team in the second one, why wouldn't it happen a third time? what has he shown us that he's grown an learned an changed? nothing. he lost two in a row, why would he win a third? in fact he even decided to rub salt in our wounds an use our first pick on the teams LEAST NEEDED POSITION.

unless we get a cakewalk magical matchup in the SB against someone garbage like the Titans or the raiders then he isn't gonna do it. he isn't gonna win one with his current strategy. it sucks but the sooner fans accept it the easier it is to go on.

It seems like you have accepted it but aren't having an easy time moving on. Get yourself a paper bag to breathe into.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
the 49ers went from 5-0 in super bowls to now 5-3. shanahan is responsible for TWO of the 3 losses. he had TWO chances to take out the chiefs an had a LEAD in each one an blew it. if it happens twice, with him having a better team in the second one, why wouldn't it happen a third time? what has he shown us that he's grown an learned an changed? nothing. he lost two in a row, why would he win a third? in fact he even decided to rub salt in our wounds an use our first pick on the teams LEAST NEEDED POSITION.

unless we get a cakewalk magical matchup in the SB against someone garbage like the Titans or the raiders then he isn't gonna do it. he isn't gonna win one with his current strategy. it sucks but the sooner fans accept it the easier it is to go on.

It seems like you have accepted it but aren't having an easy time moving on. Get yourself a paper bag to breathe into.

the sky is falling!!!!!!
harbaugh will win a SB before shanny. book it.
harbaugh will win a SB before shanny. ironically, probably against the 49ers. while we just keep wasting away year after year draft after draft, pick after pick going to WRs who will never see the field and third rounders on RBs who never even make the roster. use resources on OLmen? what's an OL? book it.

buckle up guys cause it ain't getting any better anytime soon, were just a long for the ride.

Who would you rather have?

This all reminds me of when fans wanted to fire Harbaugh for Tomsula.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
harbaugh will win a SB before shanny. book it.
harbaugh will win a SB before shanny. ironically, probably against the 49ers. while we just keep wasting away year after year draft after draft, pick after pick going to WRs who will never see the field and third rounders on RBs who never even make the roster. use resources on OLmen? what's an OL? book it.

buckle up guys cause it ain't getting any better anytime soon, were just a long for the ride.

Who would you rather have?

This all reminds me of when fans wanted to fire Harbaugh for Tomsula.

1. a shanahan that Is open and willing to learn an grow from mistakes/miscalculations
2. Bill B (probably was possible this year even if small chance)
3. Pete Carroll may have been able to rebuild a big team here but that would have taken time an we are stacked right now.
4. shanny senior

harbaugh to Tomsula then Kelly was a joke. even though I still think Kelly could have made things work with more time, some talent and a kap type QB that was actually good. however he was thrown into a fire an one of the least talented niners rosters ever.
[ Edited by BobSacamano69 on May 17, 2024 at 4:25 PM ]

He had a better team both Super Bowls. We had Ford, Bosa, Buckner and AA on the defensive line and could shut down anyone including Patrick. On offense we had Kittle and Deebo, Sanders. The team was stacked outside of qb which our front office are the ones who wanted Jimmy and Soloman Thomas over Patrick Mahomes.

But Shanny is better than JH.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 17, 2024 at 4:27 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

He had a better team both Super Bowls. We had Ford, Bosa, Buckner and AA on the defensive line and could shut down anyone including Patrick. On offense we had Kittle and Deebo, Sanders. The team was stacked outside of qb which our front office are the ones who wanted Jimmy and Soloman Thomas over Patrick Mahomes.

exactly. making those personnel/draft mistakes year after year catch up with you when your playing the best of the best. we paid the consequecnes of that and they are still doing that which is why we know he wont win one until he changes.

I think we had a better DL in 19 than last year, but if we had our run stuffer on the edge (Ferrell) I think we could have won it. our run D was gashed outside BAD in the playoffs. which put out tape to everyone an the chiefs on how to beat us. I was at that rams game when ferrell went down an got carted off an I told my self man I hope this doesn't come back to bite us later. I hope he doesn't end up being the guy we needed through the playoffs. unfortunately he was, I really think had he been in our run D would have been much better an therefore teams would not have been able to run all over us an the Packers/lions/chiefs would end up not having all the yards on us that they did.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Harbaugh done just as much as Kyle with less, which makes him better

You would honestly take 2012 without pass rush over 2023? You can go back to the point Justin got injured, the defense wasn't any good. Even taking away defensive and STs scores. Harbaugh just edges out Kyle for now

When did Harbaugh rebuild a roster bereft of talent? Kyle didn't walk into a team with a Pro Bowl RB, TE, LT, DE, MLB.
Lol you guys are so desperate for Kyle to be better than Harbaugh. When I look at what Harbaugh did, I have to say he's better for now. A play away from a SB win with a defense giving up 30 ppg. Then he comes a play away from beating an all time defense in their house with Kaepernick and less weapons than Kyle. Never had a losing record

If we're talking OC, I'm taking Kyle all day. HC I'm taking Harbaugh but that can change in the future

9ers were a Jimmy and Brock completion away from winning two as well, Kyle can't be expected to make the throws for his players. A coach can however be expected to get the damn play in on time.

The only one that is desperate is the guy trying to pretend an also ran 1 off SB winner is on par with a couple dynasties with two of the best HCs and QBs ever.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Can we climb the mountain again?

History so far says no.

Lol the issue isn't that we can't climb it, we can't get to the peak 😭
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Lol you guys are so desperate for Kyle to be better than Harbaugh. When I look at what Harbaugh did, I have to say he's better for now. A play away from a SB win with a defense giving up 30 ppg. Then he comes a play away from beating an all time defense in their house with Kaepernick and less weapons than Kyle. Never had a losing record

If we're talking OC, I'm taking Kyle all day. HC I'm taking Harbaugh but that can change in the future

9ers were a Jimmy and Brock completion away from winning two as well, Kyle can't be expected to make the throws for his players. A coach can however be expected to get the damn play in on time.

The only one that is desperate is the guy trying to pretend an also ran 1 off SB winner is on par with a couple dynasties with two of the best HCs and QBs ever.

I think the desperate one was posting screenshots and s**t but okay lol. Our roster has been right there with the Chiefs and our defense has done a good job against them. We should be the dynasty, not them. They are a dynasty partly because of Kyle
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 17, 2024 at 7:44 PM ]

Harbaugh done just as much as Kyle with less, which makes him better

You would honestly take 2012 without pass rush over 2023? You can go back to the point Justin got injured, the defense wasn't any good. Even taking away defensive and STs scores. Harbaugh just edges out Kyle for now

When did Harbaugh rebuild a roster bereft of talent? Kyle didn't walk into a team with a Pro Bowl RB, TE, LT, DE, MLB.

I didn't say Harbaugh is a better GM, he's a better HC

Being that Fangio ran the D and that was far and away the most successful part of the team that's a tough argument to make.

If Herbert goes down week 3 for the season does Harbaugh still have no losing seasons?
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 17, 2024 at 7:54 PM ]

Being that Fangio ran the D and that was far and away the most successful part of the team that's a tough argument to make.

If Herbert goes down week 3 for the season does Harbaugh still have no losing seasons?

Maybe if he's smart enough to set his depth chart completely backwards and make Herbert 3rd string
Lol at Bill and Pete being better alternatives for this team. Both had their day in the sun and were great. , That era has passed. Nobody's clamoring for their services now.
"The foolish person tears down his own house brick by brick."
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Lol at Bill and Pete being better alternatives for this team. Both had their day in the sun and were great. , That era has passed. Nobody's clamoring for their services now.
"The foolish person tears down his own house brick by brick."

I wouldn't mind either one of them as DC. I know it'll most likely never happen but would be awesome. Both great defensive minds and Pete has an insane energy to him.

really hoping Kyle made a great choice with this new guy.
Share 49ersWebzone