49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 245 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Hmm H better coach than Kyle? I would have to say probably not. Close kinda but nah. I would have taken Shanny senior over Shanny baby though. And no thanks on Pete, glad Seahawks went down in flames, Brock put an end to his career haha. Bill B..screw that too and the Patriots lol.
We're back to wanting has beens...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd take Shanahan ANY DAY over Harbaugh. I can't think of any head coach in the NFL I'd want over Kyle Shanahan. Now if the question is who I'd want to succeed Shanahan if he so happen to retire, I'd take Bobby Slowik. What he did with Houston's offense was damn impressive last year, this upcoming season will be his last as OC.
[ Edited by Kolohe on May 18, 2024 at 8:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd take Shanahan ANY DAY over Harbaugh. I can't think of any head coach in the NFL I'd want over Kyle Shanahan. Now if the question is who I'd want to succeed Shanahan if he so happen to retire, I'd take Bobby Slowik. What he did with Houston's offense was damn impressive last year, this upcoming season will be his last as OC.

Harbaugh and Kyle are both good coaches but they each coach with completely different styles. Not just with the type of offense they run either. They have very different personalities. Harbaugh can rub on people aroind him as we saw when he was here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Harbaugh and Kyle are both good coaches but they each coach with completely different styles. Not just with the type of offense they run either. They have very different personalities. Harbaugh can rub on people aroind him as we saw when he was here.

And that's the reason I'd take Shanahan over Harbaugh. It's no secret Harbaugh's arrogance gets old, but I think Harbaugh is more suited for college than the NFL.

And that's the reason I'd take Shanahan over Harbaugh. It's no secret Harbaugh's arrogance gets old, but I think Harbaugh is more suited for college than the NFL.

He's proven he can coach at all levels but you have to be willing to take the good with the bad. He's rebuilt weak teams at 3 different colleges and once in the NFL. Let's see what he can do with SD that always under performs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

He's proven he can coach at all levels but you have to be willing to take the good with the bad. He's rebuilt weak teams at 3 different colleges and once in the NFL. Let's see what he can do with SD that always under performs.

I think he'll do really good in LAC but I think he bounces or should I say BOLTS from the Chargers after 3-4 seasons. He's in a really tough division, so we'll see how long he stays committed.

Same, we will have Kyle for another 10+ years. So those who don't like it are in for a long time of misery. Hahaha we have a top notch young coach who finally just got his QB. Everyone needs to relax, this year will be awesome. Let's just enjoy the ride and see how it goes - it isn't like we have any control over anything.
I think he'll do really good in LAC but I think he bounces or should I say BOLTS from the Chargers after 3-4 seasons. He's in a really tough division, so we'll see how long he stays committed.

I think harbaugh is an excellent coach, outside of offensive scheme, but he now has an excellent QB.

I think he leaves in 4 or so years too but only because him and ownership go to war. They're crappy and cheap owners. They'll do things that bother the s**t out of him. Which is sad cause they're in a major market with a new stadium.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think harbaugh is an excellent coach, outside of offensive scheme, but he now has an excellent QB.

I think he leaves in 4 or so years too but only because him and ownership go to war. They're crappy and cheap owners. They'll do things that bother the s**t out of him. Which is sad cause they're in a major market with a new stadium.

Not their stadium though. Also many more Raider and Ram fans in LA.

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Has beens with Super Bowl trophies. Not wannabes that s**t the bed in big moments, but "hey that's ok because at least he got us there".
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

Same, we will have Kyle for another 10+ years. So those who don't like it are in for a long time of misery. Hahaha we have a top notch young coach who finally just got his QB. Everyone needs to relax, this year will be awesome. Let's just enjoy the ride and see how it goes - it isn't like we have any control over anything.

The "misery" will kick in ten years from now when everyone looks back to 17 years with zero rings.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Has beens with Super Bowl trophies. Not wannabes that s**t the bed in big moments, but "hey that's ok because at least he got us there".

Originally posted by tjd808185:
He had a better team both Super Bowls. We had Ford, Bosa, Buckner and AA on the defensive line and could shut down anyone including Patrick. On offense we had Kittle and Deebo, Sanders. The team was stacked outside of qb which our front office are the ones who wanted Jimmy and Soloman Thomas over Patrick Mahomes.

But Shanny is better than JH.

Thinking we had the better team in 2019 with the Mahomes/Jimmy G discrepancy is crazy but go off.

We had the better defense in 2019. They had the better offense. This last season things were flipped unfortunately the officiating in 2019 killed our main advantage and Mahomes made us pay for it.

Brock and our OLine unfortunately couldn't do the same to the Chiefs this year. Just how it goes.

We were easily better than the Ravens on both sides of the ball and had a QB who could kill you in the air or on the ground and had the perfect personnel grouping to disguise which we were going with and still nearly got blown out by the inferior team.

That is a coaching disaster. Both of Kyle's losses you can easily flip just one play and it's a win…and he didn't get the benefit of a blackout to regroup and work on things.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Harbaugh done just as much as Kyle with less, which makes him better

You would honestly take 2012 without pass rush over 2023? You can go back to the point Justin got injured, the defense wasn't any good. Even taking away defensive and STs scores. Harbaugh just edges out Kyle for now

lol Harbaugh did more with less? First of all he literally didn't do more with anything. The guy never even got to see a lead in the SB with the 49ers. Pretending he did more than Kyle is laughable on its own. Then you went the extra mile and added the "with less" part.

Dude had 20 of his 22 starters on offense playing the whole game in the SB.

The two guys who weren't week 1 starters were Kap, who was clearly an upgrade over Alex Smith and was perfect against a team like Baltimore with their slower DL and linebackers and the other guy was filling in for Mario Manningham after he got injured, some dude named Randy Moss.

Kyle had guys missing in each SB with inferior players filling in for them. Whether Kwon Alexander, Weston Richburg or DJ Jones in 2019 or Cleilin Ferrell and Hufanga to start this past SB and then losing Greenlaw and Feliciano early in the game. That doesn't even get into the guys playing with injury you love to bring up like it only happens to Aldon and Justin.

We saw what Harbaugh's team looked like when they actually had less. It wasn't great and even then the best part was the Fangio led defense.
Share 49ersWebzone