49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 191 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Andy will not win a superbowl with this team or any team. He coaches himself out of wins when the lights are brightest. 6 strikes. 1 here and 5 for PHI. Facts. Not speculation.

FTFY to Reid after 2018 AFC CG loss
[ Edited by captveg on May 19, 2024 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
These takes are hilariously hypocritical.

Ravens were just better and it wasn't cuz of coaching? Are you for real? A better roster goes into the most important game of their lives with 2 weeks of prep and is down 28-6 early in the 3rd quarter? Game starts with an illegal formation penalty. And to you that's the Ravens simply playing better?

You know where Ngata wasn't? On the field when we decided running the ball with Frank Gore wasn't part of the plan.

Also somehow pretending the 49ers talent was better because you get to blame Shanahan for passing on Mahomes is another level of mental gymnastics.

You heard it here folks any time the 49ers had a chance at a player we're facing and didn't take him we now can't evaluate him against our own team since it's our fault he's playing well against us. Brilliant stuff.

Keep propping up that Ravens team that didn't do sh*t after that run but discredit the Chiefs team which has been to the AFCCG every year Mahomes has started for them and been to 4 SBs, winning 3 of them.

Losing to the amazing Joe Flaccos is much more impressive…

And personally if I had to have one vs the other I'd rather see my team blow a lead vs never getting one. At least that tells me the coaches had a solid game plan and had the team prepared but things got away from them for whatever reason. Going into a game you're favored and never even seeing a lead means the plan was s**t from the start.

As far as choking games…the Chiefs were being picked to win by almost every media member so save the whole "no business of losing" garbage.

And for all the Harbaugh worship he followed up the never sniffing a lead in the SB to "blowing a double digit lead" vs Seattle the next year so give your criteria for choke jobs you still haven't shown me one thing Harbaugh has done better than Kyle.

The point on Mahomes is it's ridiculous to pretend that KC's offense being better gives Shanahan some kind of excuse for failing because ultimately the offense falls on Shanny. He's the guy who made that offense and if it's not as good as KC's well only one place to point the finger. Shanny is the one who wanted Dopey leading us at qb every year. He could of selected Mahomes instead he's watching Andy Reid beat his @ every year with Patrick as he tries make Jimmy G and Mr Irrelevant a thing.

KC may better than Baltimore the last 4 years nobody said otherwise they still lost to the Bengals. They still lost to Tampa. When Mahomes struggles they've proven to be beatable. And if you want to bring up NFC title games Shanny has been choking there too. That Rams team was a squad we beat 9/10 times and lost the one time it mattered. That's Shanny for ya. He could of got his "Ravens" SB opponent but decided to get outclassed by McVay the game before. Losing in the CF to inferior teams doesn't make you a better coach.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 19, 2024 at 11:08 AM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
The lengths some of you guys will go to defend Kyle Shanahan. My lord, it's starting to sound very Alex Smith-esque around these parts. Mediocrity has indeed become the norm for this pathetic fanbase
I do want to make it clear that I would take Shanny over JH any day of the week especially in 2024 when being a power run team is outdated. Just if we're arguing who's choked more the answer is Shanny.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I do want to make it clear that I would take Shanny over JH any day of the week especially in 2024 when being a power run team is outdated. Just if we're arguing who's choked more the answer is Shanny.

The way I see it is Shanahan has the better offense, but what's the point if he can't think straight under pressure?
Originally posted by DrEll:
The lengths some of you guys will go to defend Kyle Shanahan. My lord, it's starting to sound very Alex Smith-esque around these parts. Mediocrity has indeed become the norm for this pathetic fanbase

Lol you cry everyday like a b***h and come here for attention and you call others pathetic? 😂
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on May 19, 2024 at 12:39 PM ]
This is beyond splitting hairs at this point.

This whole forum is stuck in a pointless caucus race, talking in circles.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by genus49:
These takes are hilariously hypocritical.

Ravens were just better and it wasn't cuz of coaching? Are you for real? A better roster goes into the most important game of their lives with 2 weeks of prep and is down 28-6 early in the 3rd quarter? Game starts with an illegal formation penalty. And to you that's the Ravens simply playing better?

You know where Ngata wasn't? On the field when we decided running the ball with Frank Gore wasn't part of the plan.

Also somehow pretending the 49ers talent was better because you get to blame Shanahan for passing on Mahomes is another level of mental gymnastics.

You heard it here folks any time the 49ers had a chance at a player we're facing and didn't take him we now can't evaluate him against our own team since it's our fault he's playing well against us. Brilliant stuff.

Keep propping up that Ravens team that didn't do sh*t after that run but discredit the Chiefs team which has been to the AFCCG every year Mahomes has started for them and been to 4 SBs, winning 3 of them.

Losing to the amazing Joe Flaccos is much more impressive…

And personally if I had to have one vs the other I'd rather see my team blow a lead vs never getting one. At least that tells me the coaches had a solid game plan and had the team prepared but things got away from them for whatever reason. Going into a game you're favored and never even seeing a lead means the plan was s**t from the start.

As far as choking games…the Chiefs were being picked to win by almost every media member so save the whole "no business of losing" garbage.

And for all the Harbaugh worship he followed up the never sniffing a lead in the SB to "blowing a double digit lead" vs Seattle the next year so give your criteria for choke jobs you still haven't shown me one thing Harbaugh has done better than Kyle.

The point on Mahomes is it's ridiculous to pretend that KC's offense being better gives Shanahan some kind of excuse for failing because ultimately the offense falls on Shanny. He's the guy who made that offense and if it's not as good as KC's well only one place to point the finger. Shanny is the one who wanted Dopey leading us at qb every year. He could of selected Mahomes instead he's watching Andy Reid beat his @ every year with Patrick as he tries make Jimmy G and Mr Irrelevant a thing.

KC may better than Baltimore the last 4 years nobody said otherwise they still lost to the Bengals. They still lost to Tampa. When Mahomes struggles they've proven to be beatable. And if you want to bring up NFC title games Shanny has been choking there too. That Rams team was a squad we beat 9/10 times and lost the one time it mattered. That's Shanny for ya. He could of got his "Ravens" SB opponent but decided to get outclassed by McVay the game before. Losing in the CF to inferior teams doesn't make you a better coach.

Thankfully we didn't have to worry about rival SEA during the JH days since we would lose to them constantly whether it was playoffs or regular season.

Btw, when do we blame players for a loss? In that championship game vs the Rams, was Kyle just telling Jimmy to have one of the worst 4th qts in playoffs history? Is that why you blame Kyle? I'm pretty sure he also told Ward to make sure he drops any INTs if Stafford throws one.

We are really starting to rival the Cowboys fan base
Originally posted by captveg:
This is beyond splitting hairs at this point.

This whole forum is stuck in a pointless caucus race, talking in circles.

Yea it literally comes down to what you value in a HC. They're both good. That's why I don't get being head over heels for Kyle while acting like Harbaugh is the devil
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Thankfully we didn't have to worry about rival SEA during the JH days since we would lose to them constantly whether it was playoffs or regular season.

Btw, when do we blame players for a loss? In that championship game vs the Rams, was Kyle just telling Jimmy to have one of the worst 4th qts in playoffs history? Is that why you blame Kyle? I'm pretty sure he also told Ward to make sure he drops any INTs if Stafford throws one.

-Shanahan decided to keep Jimmy season after season despite not trusting in him.

-Shanahan is the one ignoring the right side of the O-line year after year but you guys want to blame those 2 players when they show how awful they are.

-Shanahan is the one calling those unexplainable plays in the 2nd halves of both Super Bowls.

Look, Shanahan has rebuilt this team from scratch and he is an amazing play-designer but we haven't won the ring after 7 years with him because of his flaws that are the same flaws since his first year here and that means that he isn't growing as a coach.

I know that we won't find anybody better than him and that's why we won't fire him anytime soon (I like Ben Johnson tho) and that means that we are stuck in this cycle.
[ Edited by Monsterniner on May 19, 2024 at 12:48 PM ]

Mediocrity doesn't get you to the SB. Your posts are always full of whining and negativity. It appears after reading your posts that you are a 49er hater, not a fan.

Probably haven't noticed the lengths some of you will go to attack the guy
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

-Shanahan decided to keep Jimmy season after season despite not trusting in him.

-Shanahan is the one ignoring the right side of the O-line year after year but you guys want to blame those 2 players when they show how awful they are.

-Shanahan is the one calling those unexplainable plays in the 2nd halves of both Super Bowls.

Look, Shanahan has rebuilt this team from scratch and he is an amazing play-designer but we haven't won the ring after 7 years with him because of his flaws that are the same flaws since his first year here and that means that he isn't growing as a coach.

I know that we won't find anybody better than him and that's why we won't fire him anytime soon (I like Ben Johnson tho) and that means that we are stuck in this cycle.

Bro must not have been around for the fake coaching days. Shanny is a blessing.
The "misery" will kick in ten years from now when everyone looks back to 17 years with zero rings.

Originally posted by JMC52:
Bro must not have been around for the fake coaching days. Shanny is a blessing.

Can't be a blessing until he breaks the curse

Share 49ersWebzone