George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 157 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
With Harbaughs SB offense we win both of Kyles SBs. Case closed man

Makes up a scenario that's impossible to prove and then says case closed

I'm willing to bet your boss doesn't give u too many responsibilities at work
Let me know when Kyle can put up as many points or yards as Harbaugh in the SB. He's had 3 tries now

And totally fubar's the final 4 downs from the 5 yard line. Gore doesn't touch the ball once!

they literally have a guy who's last name has become synonymous with catching jump balls over guys and one of the best RBs in the RZ ever. Instead let's give the ball to LMJ, take away half the field on roll outs in the RZ and force the ball to Crabtree….Oh and for god measure let's toss a Hail Mary fade to Crabs on 4th down lol. WTF. Calling Kyle a choker and propping up Harbs is the definition of bias insanity. No one should take you seriously with that stance.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 21, 2024 at 6:16 AM ]
Whatever excuse you guys wanna put out there, Jim's offensive output in his SB wins every single SB Kyle has called plays in
Originally posted by genus49:
You got dudes in here putting Simone Biles to shame with their mental gymnastics trying to excuse Harbaugh for his failures while at the same time bashing Shanahan. It's laughable. Lazy narrative after lazy narrative.

Shanahan has his faults, like any HC. In the end the results write the narratives. Had the 49ers D stopped the Chiefs on that 4th down play in OT the narrative is vastly different.

Chiefs aren't a dynasty team. Andy Reid couldn't get his team an offensive TD without a turnover inside the 49ers 20 yard line. Etc...

1 play can write a completely different narrative and yet people want to act like Shanahan will never win a SB. Maybe he won't but this last game certainly wasn't proof of that.

The only real criticism of Kyle from that game is him not adjusting well enough to KC going more press but even with that criticism there were plenty of opportunities for the 49ers to win the game with his play calls. The players simply didn't execute them as designed.

In no way can you s**t on Kyle for choking and NOT have the same narrative for Jim….it's not one or the other. They both lost in the Super Bowl. Both lost NFCCs games. If you can't maintain that for both, then you're just a whinny Kyle hater who can't be objective. Plain and simple.

both can be criticized for sure. There isn't a HC that can't. Only one team can win a Super Bowl and according to them if they don't win they're losers…I mean unless you're Jim apparently? Every team is a loser if they don't win it all…that's their narrative, so they will be whinny and upset 99% of the time. Sounds like a fun way to watch sports lol 😝
Whatever excuse you guys wanna put out there, Jim's offensive output in his SB wins every single SB Kyle has called plays in

That's now how that works Einstein..

No other HC got to deal with a blackout in the SB. The man had 2 weeks to prep for a team coached by his big brother, a team that was inferior almost across the board on offense and defense and put up 6 points after starting the game with an illegal formation.

Unprepared for the biggest game of his life. Got a lifeline to kill the Ravens momentum and a chance to sort things out and still choked with bonehead decisions with a chance to take the lead and possibly win the game.

What an impressive accomplishment!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
You got dudes in here putting Simone Biles to shame with their mental gymnastics trying to excuse Harbaugh for his failures while at the same time bashing Shanahan. It's laughable. Lazy narrative after lazy narrative.

Shanahan has his faults, like any HC. In the end the results write the narratives. Had the 49ers D stopped the Chiefs on that 4th down play in OT the narrative is vastly different.

Chiefs aren't a dynasty team. Andy Reid couldn't get his team an offensive TD without a turnover inside the 49ers 20 yard line. Etc...

1 play can write a completely different narrative and yet people want to act like Shanahan will never win a SB. Maybe he won't but this last game certainly wasn't proof of that.

The only real criticism of Kyle from that game is him not adjusting well enough to KC going more press but even with that criticism there were plenty of opportunities for the 49ers to win the game with his play calls. The players simply didn't execute them as designed.

In no way can you s**t on Kyle for choking and NOT have the same narrative for Jim….it's not one or the other. They both lost in the Super Bowl. Both lost NFCCs games. If you can't maintain that for both, then you're just a whinny Kyle hater who can't be objective. Plain and simple.

both can be criticized for sure. There isn't a HC that can't. Only one team can win a Super Bowl and according to them if they don't win they're losers…I mean unless you're Jim apparently? Every team is a loser if they don't win it all…that's their narrative, so they will be whinny and upset 99% of the time. Sounds like a fun way to watch sports lol 😝

Dude I'm sorry but Kyle is breaking records in terms of choking. I don't want him fired and I'm not even saying he sucks, it just is what it is

I respect your opinions that Kyle is better than Jim, he is in some ways, the only thing I'm challenging is that Kyle is in some other stratosphere compared to Jim in terms of being a HC. It's delusional to think that

No other HC got to deal with a blackout in the SB. The man had 2 weeks to prep for a team coached by his big brother, a team that was inferior almost across the board on offense and defense and put up 6 points after starting the game with an illegal formation.

Unprepared for the biggest game of his life. Got a lifeline to kill the Ravens momentum and a chance to sort things out and still choked with bonehead decisions with a chance to take the lead and possibly win the game.

Okay let's hope for a blackout for Kyle, maybe then he can match Jim

I know he had some amazing calls from the 5 yard line to win it all. Great playing calling FOR SURE!

you sure got a lot of little things to cry about with Kyle, the moment it's about Jim those "little things" don't exist. Dude lost all the same. Only person making excuses is you my man.

if you can call Kyle a choker and not Jim…then your whole stance on Kyle is meaningless. It's shows how bias you are.
Let me know when Kyle can put up as many points or yards as Harbaugh in the SB. He's had 3 tries now

And totally fubar's the final 4 downs from the 5 yard line. Gore doesn't touch the ball once!

they literally have a guy who's last name has become synonymous with catching jump balls over guys and one of the best RBs in the RZ ever. Instead let's give the ball to LMJ, take away half the field on roll outs in the RZ and force the ball to Crabtree….Oh and for god measure let's toss a Hail Mary fade to Crabs on 4th down lol. WTF. Calling Kyle a choker and propping up Harbs is the definition of bias insanity. No one should take you seriously with that stance.

You forgot calling a timeout before a play that would've actually given them a TD because oh his ridiculous desire to wait til the last second to see what the defense can do and having 3 guys involved in playcalls in the redzone.

But Kyle is the choker!

Okay let's hope for a blackout for Kyle, maybe then he can match Jim

I'd rather hope that our players execute the plays he draws up instead of doing their own thing or stop trying to make plays when just taking care of the football is the critical part.

Unlike Harbaugh Kyle actually comes into a SB with a solid plan.

I know he had some amazing calls from the 5 yard line to win it all. Great playing calling FOR SURE!

you sure got a lot of little things to cry about with Kyle, the moment it's about Jim those "little things" don't exist. Dude lost all the same. Only person making excuses is you my man.

if you can call Kyle a choker and not Jim…then your whole stance on Kyle is meaningless. It's shows how bias you are.

His bias was shown the moment he claimed Harbaugh was dealing with a defense that wasn't healthy UNLIKE Kyle...

Hufanga out
Ferrell out
Ward playing with core injury he's still recovering from
Armstead playing on one knee
Hargrave torn thumb
Greenlaw tears his achilles after 12 plays on defense
Brown gets injured late in the game

...so healthy.
Dude I'm sorry but Kyle is breaking records in terms of choking. I don't want him fired and I'm not even saying he sucks, it just is what it is

I respect your opinions that Kyle is better than Jim, he is in some ways, the only thing I'm challenging is that Kyle is in some other stratosphere compared to Jim in terms of being a HC. It's delusional to think that

Andy Reid is the king of choking over 20 yrs of it until he got his generational QB who just add Libs all god damn game.

only thing Jim was really good at was finding coaches imo. He should have stayed in college because his whole shtick about who's got it better than us is a college thing. Grown ass men aren't relating to that s**t for years and years. His offense isn't innovative at all. For someone that's suppose to be an offensive guy, his scheme is as bland as it gets. It's been his defenses that have been the real deal (which he doesn't coach).

I'll take Kyle over Jim 100 times. I'll also thank Jim for be a legit coach who helped SF get out of the laughing stock of the league for a couple years. Kyle did the same thing and we're consistently a top 5 team. How anyone can not be proud of that is beyond me.
You forgot calling a timeout before a play that would've actually given them a TD because oh his ridiculous desire to wait til the last second to see what the defense can do and having 3 guys involved in playcalls in the redzone.

But Kyle is the choker!

Yeah I was gonna mention that as well... 3 dudes involved in play calling and those were the calls 🤯
People can march out reason after reason why kyle is an offensive genius, or the best coach we've ever had, or reasons why Coach Reid was a choker before he finally won with mahomes, but it won't change the fact that right now, today, KYLE SHANNAHAN IS A CHOKER.

And only he can change that FACT. Or he doesn't and he goes down in sports history as a big choker. Dude has found a way to gack away the big game multiple times. Thats some talent right there.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on May 21, 2024 at 6:59 AM ]
His bias was shown the moment he claimed Harbaugh was dealing with a defense that wasn't healthy UNLIKE Kyle...

Hufanga out
Ferrell out
Ward playing with core injury he's still recovering from
Armstead playing on one knee
Hargrave torn thumb
Greenlaw tears his achilles after 12 plays on defense
Brown gets injured late in the game

...so healthy.

Kittle core injury and deebo was in and out of that game with a hammy as well…our backup RG completely whiffing on a play that had two guys open for a TD. Missed extra point that lead to KC just needing to kick a FG to tie the game instead of forcing them to get a TD.

A LOT of little things that were out of Kyle's hands. I'm sure there's stuff for Jim as well BUT you gotta point out both for anyone to take your debate seriously.
Share 49ersWebzone