There are 154 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by genus49:
Let me know when Kyle gets to play a team that was 12th in points allowed and gets a blackout to work with. Let me know when Kyle has a team that's better virtually across the board than his opponent.

6 points before power went out...amazing coaching performance

Better than all of Kyles performances

Charlie I feel like you're on a troll mission and you're in way too deep to turn back. Lol
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
If Kyle's 49ers get to and win a SB against any team other than KC I guarantee the same people in this thread calling Kyle a choker will move their argument to "eh, that SB win doesn't really count because it wasn't against the dynasty Chiefs".

100% absolutely guarantee it.

Nah.

It will be more like "Kyle's the new 1-2"

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Maybe a more fair comparison would be Mike Tomlin and Kyle.

I'd still take Kyle for the record.

I made that comparison more to show how crazy the idea of "SB winner" HC is out of context.

But that comparison works as well.

Sorry, I understood the reason for your comparison. Using an extreme example to illustrate how naive people can be on the basis of having a SB win = better coach.

I just meant the comparison was closer with Tomlin, in terms of effectiveness and having that SB win in the bag.
If if if if if. Thats all i hear and when i use to hear that from bengles fans after we ripped their heart out in the super bowl and when bronco fan cried and cried after we destroyed them in the super bowl it use to be so pathetic! Know what, we won so you go cope and do whatever makes you feel better, thats what we use to say to fans who talked like that. So when i hear it from our fans, its kinda pathetic. If this happened and IF that happened. yeah yeah.....whatever.

Kyle is a choke artist and there isn't anything that you or I can do to change that. Its not gonna change my enjoyment of the game. Ill be in Tampa, Miami, MN, and green bay this year with all my gear. Good times all around. But i still can acknowledge that kyle is a choke artist.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on May 21, 2024 at 12:35 PM ]
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
If if if if if. Thats all i hear and when i use to hear that from bengles fans after we ripped their heart out in the super bowl and when bronco fan cried and cried after we destroyed them in the super bowl it use to be so pathetic! Know what, we won so you go cope and do whatever makes you feel better, thats what we use to say to fans who talked like that. So when i hear it from our fans, its kinda pathetic. If this happened and IF that happened. yeah yeah.....whatever.

Kyle is a choke artist and there isn't anything that you or I can do to change that. Its not gonna change my enjoyment of the game. Ill be in Tampa, Miami, MN, and green bay this year with all my gear. Good times all around. But i still can acknowledge that kyle is a choke artist.
lol contradict much
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Coaches are either remembered for winning or coming up short. All I know is if Kyle doesn't win a SB, he's going to go down as the biggest choker of all time. I'm not happy about it, he's the coach of my 49ers, but that's where he's at right now

Well Kyle's first superbowl he lost (in a sense) a 20+ point lead, (Kyle was OC and not HC), his second superbowl, he lost a 10 point lead, his third superbowl, he lost a 3 point lead, so the trend is going in a positive direction.his next superbowl...

Hey, what can i say! I'm an eternal optimist!

Hell year brother! Next time he's going to pull a Harbaugh and never get a lead to blow!

That should make Charlie happy.

Well, I'd rather Charlie be *disappointed* and we win the 6th 🏆!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Let me know when Kyle gets to play a team that was 12th in points allowed and gets a blackout to work with. Let me know when Kyle has a team that's better virtually across the board than his opponent.

Charlie I feel like you're on a troll mission and you're in way too deep to turn back. Lol

I just don't see how anybody could be happy with what Kyle has done but hate Jim and act like he was terrible. That's a troll imo. This is the only place on the internet where Jim Harbaugh sucks and Kyle isn't a choke artist. I'm not the troll here
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 21, 2024 at 12:54 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Well Kyle's first superbowl he lost (in a sense) a 20+ point lead, (Kyle was OC and not HC), his second superbowl, he lost a 10 point lead, his third superbowl, he lost a 3 point lead, so the trend is going in a positive direction.his next superbowl...

Hey, what can i say! I'm an eternal optimist!

And he didn't lose a 20+ lead in ATL his HC who's suppose to be a defensive guru did. Gave up over 500 yards of offense and didn't even give ATL a chance in OT.

unlike some coaches who have clutch QBs in pressure situations. He got to call plays for Ryan who proved he was the opposite of that

if you want to win consistently and have some hardware, you need a damn good coach and a QB that makes the plays at the most important time.

I feel like folks forget a play call is only as good as the players that are actually running the play.

Agree, and I'm still chapped that we lost Greenlaw so early in the game and Feliciano, and we were still in it until the end.

If anything, it's *injures* (and not so much coaching) that have done us in with both Harbaugh and the Kyle regimes.
I just don't see how anybody could be happy with what Kyle has done but hate Jim and act like he was terrible. That's a troll imo. This is the only place on the internet where Jim Harbaugh sucks and Kyle isn't a choke artist. I'm not the troll here

yeah, there is a lot of JH hate here.

Yeah, I honestly don't get it

Yeah, I honestly don't get it
You never will or you're just trolling

Cool story

So the Bengals were better than the 49ers in 81 and 88 and just choked?

What you see as hate only exists because you hate Kyle and refuse to use the same standard you use on Kyle for Jim.

Kyle can't be a choker and Jim not be a worse one.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

What you see as hate only exists because you hate Kyle and refuse to use the same standard you use on Kyle for Jim.

Kyle can't be a choker and Jim not be a worse one.

I don't hate Kyle at all. I give him his credit for being being the best offensive coach and having the best scheme. That's not everything to me though, and I don't hate Jim enough to say he's a bigger choker than a guy that's lost 3 double digit leads a play caller in the SB. As much as you guys don't want to put 28-3 on him, he could've sealed it by making the obvious right decisions

There is some merit to calling Jim a choker in the NFL, no problem with that, but Kyle is in league of his own right now
Share 49ersWebzone