There are 142 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Win the Superbowl and 70% of this thread is irrelevant but until then.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
It's 3. Only in 9erland does Kyle get a pass for 28-3. He was the play caller, and he was a couple right play calls from sealing the deal. Block me if it frustrates you

He doesn't have a joystick and he's not a puppet master. Execution of play calls matters. In the end the players have to make plays, and the Falcons offense made critical mistakes while their defense got abused on the other end.
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
if you can get to the superbowl with jimmy freaking g and a year 2 QB 7th round QB. lets try with year 3+ brock and make another run!!! come on kyle lets get it done this time!!!!

Brock is the reason we have a chance now, but keep hating

if i recall patrick mahomes won his superbowl year 3 of his career! i dont believe in year 2 Qbs. only when they hit year 3 will i start to believe. so for now brock is still year 2 until the regular season starts right?

THEREFORE kyle doesn't have a real qb until this season.

Well Brady got it done year 2. You seem like the type of Pats fan that was pissed about a 6th rounder taking Bledsoes job
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 21, 2024 at 5:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
It's 3. Only in 9erland does Kyle get a pass for 28-3. He was the play caller, and he was a couple right play calls from sealing the deal. Block me if it frustrates you

He doesn't have a joystick and he's not a puppet master. Execution of play calls matters. In the end the players have to make plays, and the Falcons offense made critical mistakes while their defense got abused on the other end.

That's why you run the ball and end the game. Kyle didn't, and the rest is history
That's why you run the ball and end the game. Kyle didn't, and the rest is history

There was no point in that game where running the ball would have ended the game. They could have ran the ball and attempted a fg on their second to last possession to up 10 with ~ 3 and a half minutes left. Final series of that drive they ran on first down for -1 yard and then Kyle's somehow a choker for letting his MVP QB coming off arguably the most efficient season of all time pass the ball on 2nd and 11. He takes a 12 yard sack on an inexplicably bad play and then they tack on a penalty on the next play and they have to punt. These are execution issues. It's players coming up short on the biggest stage.

Following that series the Pats went down the field to tie the game against the Falcons nonexistent defense. Also Kyle's fault.

There was no point in that game where running the ball would have ended the game. They could have ran the ball and attempted a fg on their second to last possession to up 10 with ~ 3 and a half minutes left. Final series of that drive they ran on first down for -1 yard and then Kyle's somehow a choker for letting his MVP QB coming off arguably the most efficient season of all time pass the ball on 2nd and 11. He takes a 12 yard sack on an inexplicably bad play and then they tack on a penalty on the next play and they have to punt. These are execution issues. It's players coming up short on the biggest stage.

Following that series the Pats went down the field to tie the game against the Falcons nonexistent defense. Also Kyle's fault.

It was Kyles decision though. I understand that Matt Ryan won MVP, but it's still Matt Ryan lol. I personally wouldn't have dropped him back there when we're well within Bryant's range and a FG seals it. It's just a dumb thing to do
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Win the Superbowl and 70% of this thread is irrelevant but until then.

If he was capable of winning one, this thread would probably be half the size. It's his inability to win one, combined with his stalwart warriors coming to his rescue, that has blown this place up. We've heard every excuse in the book now about "anything but Kyle". It's becoming ludicrous at this point.
Kyle for some reason in Superbowls goes defensive exactly the time he should go offensive.

It was Kyles decision though. I understand that Matt Ryan won MVP, but it's still Matt Ryan lol. I personally wouldn't have dropped him back there when we're well within Bryant's range and a FG seals it. It's just a dumb thing to do

Oh ya I forgot that OCs have the authority to override their HC.
Block me

With pleasure

Dumb ways to die, just another, dumb way to die...
[ Edited by RonnieLott on May 21, 2024 at 6:26 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Block me

With pleasure

Later
Block me

With pleasure

It's like having a clown perform for free and daily. Not worth blocking.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Block me

With pleasure

It's like having a clown perform for free and daily. Not worth blocking.

Even clowns have more than one routine.
Everyone is clown in a clown show looking for a circus.
Share 49ersWebzone