Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Block me

With pleasure

It's like having a clown perform for free and daily. Not worth blocking.

Even clowns have more than one routine.
lol... CS can't even clown right. add it to the list !
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Block me

With pleasure

It's like having a clown perform for free and daily. Not worth blocking.

Remember how pissed off you were getting when I was "trolling" and telling you guys Sam is clearly better than Trey? You will end up wrong more often than not conforming to the homer takes on this forum
Straight from Kyle himself. He regrets passing on 2nd down after the Julio catch. Looks like he agrees with me, bad call

Kyle Shanahan Regrets 28-3 Super Bowl
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 22, 2024 at 5:07 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Well Kyle's first superbowl he lost (in a sense) a 20+ point lead, (Kyle was OC and not HC), his second superbowl, he lost a 10 point lead, his third superbowl, he lost a 3 point lead, so the trend is going in a positive direction.his next superbowl...

Hey, what can i say! I'm an eternal optimist!

And he didn't lose a 20+ lead in ATL his HC who's suppose to be a defensive guru did. Gave up over 500 yards of offense and didn't even give ATL a chance in OT.

unlike some coaches who have clutch QBs in pressure situations. He got to call plays for Ryan who proved he was the opposite of that

if you want to win consistently and have some hardware, you need a damn good coach and a QB that makes the plays at the most important time.

I feel like folks forget a play call is only as good as the players that are actually running the play.

1 play call in a 28-3 collapse is so damn stupid if you really think about it.

And the same people who are putting it down to that and blaming Kyle refuse to make it about one play when it helps Kyle look better - like say the McCloud fumble on the punt that basically changed the game completely.

A run vs pass call should never be a deciding factor in a game when you have a multi TD lead in the 3rd quarter. It shouldn't even matter in a close game when it's a call on 2nd down.

Yes Kyle f'd up that call and he said that was his biggest regret from that game but Ryan had every chance to get rid of the ball. It wasn't like he finished his drop and a guy came around his blindside to take him down. He held it, tried to roll out and make a play when the smartest thing he could've done is just thrown it away to play the next down.

I've legit never seen a HC and QB escape criticism the way Quinn and Ryan have with everyone throwing it on Kyle. It's insanity. Yet nobody is blaming Saleh for losing the 2019 SB when the defense gave up 21 points in like 7 minutes. Nobody calls him a choker. Weird.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by genus49:
Let me know when Kyle gets to play a team that was 12th in points allowed and gets a blackout to work with. Let me know when Kyle has a team that's better virtually across the board than his opponent.

6 points before power went out...amazing coaching performance

Better than all of Kyles performances

Charlie I feel like you're on a troll mission and you're in way too deep to turn back. Lol

I just don't see how anybody could be happy with what Kyle has done but hate Jim and act like he was terrible. That's a troll imo. This is the only place on the internet where Jim Harbaugh sucks and Kyle isn't a choke artist. I'm not the troll here

I don't hate Jim nor do I think he sucks. I very much appreciate what he did for this team and enjoyed those fun years.

However I am very salty about that SB. I live in the Boston area, when we're not playing the Pats or them losing helps us out somehow, I'm rooting for them. The only time I rooted against them outside of those scenarios was in that 2012 AFCCG because the Ravens were a much easier matchup to me. We already beat NE at their house but we also saw what Tom Brady looked like at the end of that game and I didn't want to face that team with 2 weeks of prep.

I could smell that SB win and never in a million years did I expect the outcome we saw in that game. That is why I'm so taken back by people like you and others who act like Jim Harbaugh is a much better HC than Kyle when he didn't accomplish anything that Kyle hasn't. And IMO he blew a much easier SB matchup with a better overall roster.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Well to stop being called a choker, all Kyle has to do is win a Superbowl.

Once again...Mike McCarthy won a SB. So he's not a choker?

What do you call going 12-5 and losing at home to the 49ers in a game that wasn't as close as it should've been?
What do you call going 12-5 and losing to that same 49ers team by only scoring 12 points and losing to a rookie QB?
What do you call going 12-5 and losing by 16 to the 7th seed and one of the youngest teams in the league in a game that was 27-7 at the half(and should've been 27-0)

And that's just with Dallas...let's look at GB after he won the SB

1 and done as a 15-1 team losing by 17 to the Giants at home
Got crushed by us with Kap's monster game
1 and done, lost at home to us
Lost as a 12-4 team in the NFCCG with Russell Wilson throwing for 4 picks in that game. One of Mike's crowning achievements as a non choker.
Lost in the divisional round to Arizona
Lost by 23 to the Falcons...weird Kyle decided not to choke that one vs a mighty SB winner.
Didn't make playoffs
Fired

Quite the awe inspiring resume from a SB winning HC who clearly cannot be labeled a choker because he had a nobody like Aaron Rodgers he won a SB with 14 years ago.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
It's 3. Only in 9erland does Kyle get a pass for 28-3. He was the play caller, and he was a couple right play calls from sealing the deal. Block me if it frustrates you

He doesn't have a joystick and he's not a puppet master. Execution of play calls matters. In the end the players have to make plays, and the Falcons offense made critical mistakes while their defense got abused on the other end.

That's why you run the ball and end the game. Kyle didn't, and the rest is history

Crazy idea...don't let the Pats score on 4 straight possessions, including 2 2pt conversions and then march it all the way down the field for game winning TD in OT? Or was that not an option?

Go look at what the Falcons were averaging running the ball. The spot everyone cries about they ran on first down, got -1 yards on it. Know how they got to that first down in the first place? A big pass play to Jones. You have no idea what happens if they run the ball in that scenario. They could fumble it, they could get stuffed again and the kicker misses it and Pats get the ball with plenty of time left and a shorter field as a result. Pressure Kick in the SB is not a guarantee, not like it was a 25 yarder or something automatic.

What we do know is if the Falcons defense...something their HC Dan Quinn knows a thing or two about actually got a stop on one of those Pats drives or at least prevented one of those 2 pt conversions they wouldn't have enough points to get into OT.

But yes...blame Shanahan. Just keep that same energy for other coordinators. Oh wait you don't do that.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Kyle for some reason in Superbowls goes defensive exactly the time he should go offensive.

Explain this please. This doesn't go with the standard Shanahan b***h fest.

that feeling when one of the guys bashing Kyle also thinks Kap was a good QB.

Straight from Kyle himself. He regrets passing on 2nd down after the Julio catch. Looks like he agrees with me, bad call

Of course he regrets it because nobody was open on it and he knows the outcome was a sack. Unlike the plays you and others like to b***h about from the KC SBs that WERE open but either not blocked right or the ball didn't get thrown to the right guy, or Chris Jones got his stupid ass arms in the way.

Also did you actually listen to what Kyle said? Or just saw the headline and ran in here like some crowning achievement?

QBs, especially the league MVP should be good enough not to make a bad play worse. Matt Ryan pissed himself late in that game. Taking that sack, fumbling on an earlier drive just doing things that you can't do if you want to win the game but yet you're here blaming the play call on 1 down. Does that honestly compute in your brain? That a 28-3 blown game came down to one run vs pass playcall on a 2nd down?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Kap was playing at a super high level during that 2012 playoff run. There's a reason Ron Jaworksi famously put out an article basically calling Colin the next great QB in the game

The kid just never developed like most of us expected and it didn't help that we kept running the same offense and without the players to make it run as well as it did during that time.

He was decent. Great in the playoffs. My whole premise with Kap is that you role with him over Alex. And I still believe that. Whoever ended up in KC with Reid and Veach was going to have more success than the one that stayed with Baalke. I guarantee Reid gets more than 1 playoff win (against Hoyer lol) with Kap

Kap was playing at a super high level during that 2012 playoff run. There's a reason Ron Jaworksi famously put out an article basically calling Colin the next great QB in the game

The kid just never developed like most of us expected and it didn't help that we kept running the same offense and without the players to make it run as well as it did during that time.

Hard to develop when you're on a sinking ship

Of course he regrets it because nobody was open on it and he knows the outcome was a sack. Unlike the plays you and others like to b***h about from the KC SBs that WERE open but either not blocked right or the ball didn't get thrown to the right guy, or Chris Jones got his stupid ass arms in the way.

Also did you actually listen to what Kyle said? Or just saw the headline and ran in here like some crowning achievement?

QBs, especially the league MVP should be good enough not to make a bad play worse. Matt Ryan pissed himself late in that game. Taking that sack, fumbling on an earlier drive just doing things that you can't do if you want to win the game but yet you're here blaming the play call on 1 down. Does that honestly compute in your brain? That a 28-3 blown game came down to one run vs pass playcall on a 2nd down?

Matt Ryan pissed himself late in a SB. What a shocker. Kyle was the one that allowed it
Share 49ersWebzone