LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 293 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
I said it's partly on Kyle, and it is. Boone doesn't need to be on the team. He played the position, and knows much more about it than you

You don't seem to understand how coaching decisions effect what happens on the field

Matt Ryan took a sack, but was it necessary for him to be dropping back? No - bad coaching decision

Burford messed up, but was it necessary to run that blocking scheme on the biggest play of the season with a lineman that's struggled all year? No - bad coaching decision

Josh Johnson messed up, but should we have all of a sudden been trying to run two minute drills with him? No - bad coaching decision

You're hilarious…

Now we got Josh Johnson unable to take a shotgun snap as a Shanahan coaching mistake.

Just when I think you've reached a new low you reach deep and find another a way to outdo the crazy.

Always afraid to run two minute drills….until Josh Johnson is the QB lol. Play stupid games win stupid prizes
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
There are people on here who would defend Kyle Shannahan with their life and their mothers' and fathers' and baby sons' and daughters' lives.

There are people on here who think Kyle has made some horrendous mistakes at the most inopportune times like Superbowls.

And then there are people on here that just realise Kyle Shanahan is cursed.

This has nothing to do with my question.

I asked you if you were Rich Madrid or if you were just stealing portions of his analysis and passing it off as your own.

I'm not passing anything off as my own. People can read stuff. It's a free country. Or at least it was once. Now it is just a country in massive decline. It's sad to see really. Inflation, house prices, the American Dream dead. Democracy is an illusion. Justice is an illusion. A rabid political system where both sides present a dystopian candidate without any attempt to bring the country together and that's all your worried about?

The point being that Kyle often sends out a player who seems badly equipped to do a job and when he doesn't do they job, the player is blamed. Kyle so believes in his system that he thinks any player can execute it when infact he should be attempting to get superior talent to implement its complexities and then we may not be having this discussion if Kyle is cursed.

Tyler Kroft's block on Reddick lives in infamy in 49er folk law but really it was a stretch for Kyle to ask him to do that and in retrospect the whole thing is a train wreck waiting to happen. And that is the way Kyle coaches. He takes chances when he shouldn't take chances and plays defensive when he should be playing aggressive. Kroft tried to execute as wel las he could but he wasn't able to complete on Reddick who is Phillys best pass rusher. And Kyle should have given more thought to that when he dialled in the play. Kyle should have said, "Hey, what are the chances of this play ending in disaster and us having to go with Johnson for the rest of the game?". Kyle didn't put enough weight on that as part of his calculations and it seems that is the trend in Kyles coaching career. I don't know if that is because he is the son of Mike and perceived as being "The Chosen One" since birth or if Witches did genuinely curse Kyle when he was in his crib, MacBeth style as so many people have been told.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and caldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,

We see it time and again. How many people watched the OT in the last Superbowl with their hands over their eyes? The little voice inside their head saying OMG here comes another Kyle Shannahan train wreck. Just waiting for it to happen. Truth be told, the whole game was like that.

Kyle is cursed.
I'm not passing anything off as my own. People can read stuff. It's a free country. Or at least it was once. Now it is just a country in massive decline. It's sad to see really. Inflation, house prices, the American Dream dead. Democracy is an illusion. Justice is an illusion. A rabid political system where both sides present a dystopian candidate without any attempt to bring the country together and that's all your worried about?

The point being that Kyle often sends out a player who seems badly equipped to do a job and when he doesn't do they job, the player is blamed. Kyle so believes in his system that he thinks any player can execute it when infact he should be attempting to get superior talent to implement its complexities and then we may not be having this discussion if Kyle is cursed.

Tyler Kroft's block on Reddick lives in infamy in 49er folk law but really it was a stretch for Kyle to ask him to do that and in retrospect the whole thing is a train wreck waiting to happen. And that is the way Kyle coaches. He takes chances when he shouldn't take chances and plays defensive when he should be playing aggressive. Kroft tried to execute as wel las he could but he wasn't able to complete on Reddick who is Phillys best pass rusher. And Kyle should have given more thought to that when he dialled in the play. Kyle should have said, "Hey, what are the chances of this play ending in disaster and us having to go with Johnson for the rest of the game?". Kyle didn't put enough weight on that as part of his calculations and it seems that is the trend in Kyles coaching career. I don't know if that is because he is the son of Mike and perceived as being "The Chosen One" since birth or if Witches did genuinely curse Kyle when he was in his crib, MacBeth style as so many people have been told.

Fillet of a fenny snake,

We see it time and again. How many people watched the OT in the last Superbowl with their hands over their eyes? The little voice inside their head saying OMG here comes another Kyle Shannahan train wreck. Just waiting for it to happen. Truth be told, the whole game was like that.

Kyle is cursed.

Then feel free to find a new team and stop wasting your time with this one

Fillet of a fenny snake,

Kyle is cursed.

That's a lot of words to avoid admitting you plagiarized someone else's analysis.

Nice touch using his analysis and then replacing it when it was convenient for you. Absolutely pathetic.
Always afraid to run two minute drills….until Josh Johnson is the QB lol. Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Cuz they were clearly just about to come back with Johnson leading the way in 2nd half

Losing Brock can't compare to not having Aldon or Justin at 100% tho. All a Kyle choke.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Cuz they were clearly just about to come back with Johnson leading the way in 2nd half

Losing Brock can't compare to not having Aldon or Justin at 100% tho. All a Kyle choke.

I know we had no chance, the point is he does dumb s**t. I just wish he wasn't part of the problem again. He F'd up a few times in that game
I know we had no chance, the point is he does dumb s**t. I just wish he wasn't part of the problem again. He F'd up a few times in that game

Asking a qb to take a shotgun snap isn't dumb. It's something they have done their whole life.

Is only dumb when you want to blame him for everything.
I said it's partly on Kyle, and it is. Boone doesn't need to be on the team. He played the position, and knows much more about it than you

You don't seem to understand how coaching decisions effect what happens on the field

Matt Ryan took a sack, but was it necessary for him to be dropping back? No - bad coaching decision

Burford messed up, but was it necessary to run that blocking scheme on the biggest play of the season with a lineman that's struggled all year? No - bad coaching decision

Josh Johnson messed up, but should we have all of a sudden been trying to run two minute drills with him? No - bad coaching decision

You're hilarious…

Now we got Josh Johnson unable to take a shotgun snap as a Shanahan coaching mistake.

Just when I think you've reached a new low you reach deep and find another a way to outdo the crazy.

Stupid game = expecting a 10+ year player to take a shotgun snap

Keep going, I'm dying to see what else you got for us.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Asking a qb to take a shotgun snap isn't dumb. It's something they have done their whole life.

Is only dumb when you want to blame him for everything.

Asking Josh Johnson to run a two minute drill when you've been terrified to do it in every other playoff game is dumb. Fumbling the snap was just one of many ways that could've ended in disaster. It wasn't worth it
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 23, 2024 at 6:56 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
There are people on here who would defend Kyle Shannahan with their life and their mothers' and fathers' and baby sons' and daughters' lives.

There are people on here who think Kyle has made some horrendous mistakes at the most inopportune times like Superbowls.

And then there are people on here that just realise Kyle Shanahan is cursed.

This has nothing to do with my question.

I asked you if you were Rich Madrid or if you were just stealing portions of his analysis and passing it off as your own.

Stupid is expecting a positive outcome having a guy that we picked up off the streets throwing the ball in a two minute situation down a score (against a damn good pass rush). The odds of that not ending well were high
Asking Josh Johnson to run a two minute drill when you've been terrified to do it in every other playoff game is dumb. Fumbling the snap was just one of many ways that could've ended in disaster. It wasn't worth it

Yah that SB pass to Kittle that was called back was awfully cowardly.

Fillet of a fenny snake,

Kyle is cursed.

I don't believe in curses. I believe in bad luck which we had.

Kyle like any HC worth a damn should expect his players to execute the offense. Burford knew his assignment but went with his gut. That's not something Kyle can control anymore than CMC fumbling or McCloud not falling on the fumble.

He's supposed to trust his players to do their job. If anything one of the things I think Kyle needs to work on is his ability to trust players who may not be his chosen few. He didn't have a choice with Burford due to injury. Blaming him for that play is stupid when we clearly see had the execution been to the design that it's likely a TD with two guys open. Brock just needed a hair longer.

As for the Reddick play you keep bringing it up…it's ironic that Eagles were claiming Reddick was freelancing to get sacks and complaining about him doing it when it was why Brock got injured on that play. Reddick didn't react to the play fake at all but fact is had the same play happened this year Brock makes a big play and stays healthy to keep playing in the game.

Two things on that play could've been done by Brock to avoid injury and likely complete the play - throw with anticipation to Aiyuk or step up in the pocket and throw it.

Both of those things Brock did very well this past season.

So at some point Kyle and any other coach has to trust their guys. Can't have all pros across the board. But I do hope our OL is improved this year and stays healthy! As does the rest of the team of course.
Stupid is expecting a positive outcome having a guy that we picked up off the streets throwing the ball in a two minute situation down a score (against a damn good pass rush). The odds of that not ending well were high

How do you know he was throwing?

He asked him to take a shotgun snap…shut up lol.

It's not the dude threw a pick 6 throwing a Hail Mary.

Also are you EVER right? You claim above Kyle was terrified to run a 2 minute offense every playoff game before that.

He literally ran it in both games preceding the Eagles game. Under 2 minute drive to close the 1st half vs Seattle and then again vs Dallas.

How wrong can you get in one thread?
Share 49ersWebzone