LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 190 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Gods gift attitude? Now you critics are throwing out more b******t. How does he have a gods gift attitude?

I agree, we are getting in the weeds. Kyle has a ton of good. He does tend to have it go sideways in the big game. SB 58 was a poor showing for Kyle. Between big game questions and roster moves, such as plowing a fortune into a complete non factor like Lance, there are some valid criticisms to be had here. No rings, and if we do get back to the big game, we will be going in with a guy with a ton of big game baggage leading the way.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Giedi:
We are the opposite of the Bill Walsh 80's 49ers. Back then our offense seemed almost automatic at the end of games and in those situations.

Andy Reid had his team coached up and ready to go when it turned into situational football. Reid wasn't drinking during the O.T rules meeting with the officials LOL.

Andy is also about 4 to 8-ish years to retirement. Kyle's 22 years younger than Reid and Reid needs overtime (same with Bill Belichick) to beat Kyle.

Andy beat him twice, didn't need overtime the first time. But he did have to come from behind to beat Kyle both times, so I guess thats how the Bengals fans feel about Bill Walsh; "HE had to come from behind to beat us in the super bowl, so we are great too!". What does age have to do with anything from a coaching standpoint?

The Rams coach is only 38 years old and he has already won a super bowl. And he had to do it at the end of the game in come back fashion. Now I believe that game was rigged but hey, he won the super bowl LOL.

Give me a break with the McVay love fest. The guy who routinely gets spanked by the coach who apparently isn't very good in your opinion.

The guy who had the 2nd best offense in the NFL in scoring and yardage and put up 3 points in the SB against the 7th defense in points allowed and 21st in yards allowed.

Talk about getting outcoached...

Yes he won, he won a SB vs a weak AFC opponent and still needed Tartt to drop an easy game sealing pick to get into the big game and got a gift of a call late in the 4th because the NFL wants the LA fans to actually care(they still don't).

Oh and all he needed was to bring in a guy like Matt Stafford, OBJ and Von Miller to add to an already great offense and defense. Somehow having a former #1 overall pick Jared Goff wasn't enough to produce more than 3 points in the SB for him...but yeah what a wizard and amazing HC.

What McVay did last year was more impressive as a coach than winning that SB to me. And even then without Stafford they're not hitting .500.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We are the opposite of the Bill Walsh 80's 49ers. Back then our offense seemed almost automatic at the end of games and in those situations.

Andy Reid had his team coached up and ready to go when it turned into situational football. Reid wasn't drinking during the O.T rules meeting with the officials LOL.

Andy is also about 4 to 8-ish years to retirement. Kyle's 22 years younger than Reid and Reid needs overtime (same with Bill Belichick) to beat Kyle.

Andy beat him twice, didn't need overtime the first time. But he did have to come from behind to beat Kyle both times, so I guess thats how the Bengals fans feel about Bill Walsh; "HE had to come from behind to beat us in the super bowl, so we are great too!". What does age have to do with anything from a coaching standpoint?

The Rams coach is only 38 years old and he has already won a super bowl. And he had to do it at the end of the game in come back fashion. Now I believe that game was rigged but hey, he won the super bowl LOL.

Both Super Bowls Kyle was in were f**kin rigged. Funny how Bill Vinovich got to be head ref for both of them. It's also funny that AFC teams seem to win majority of the time whenever he is the ref. It's also funny that whenever Vinovich is the ref the 9ers lose much more times than coming out the victors.

Andy Reid and f**k KC, go be a b***h KC fan then.

I was thinking the same thing until I heard the sound bite of Kyle saying "I didn't know the overtime rule".

Ref didn't call the play at the goal line leaving KC's best Defensive player unblocked.
Refs didn't fumble the ball in the redzone going in with all momentum.
Ref didn't screw up the punt return.

This is on the guy in charge, and this is why I give the credit to Bill Walsh, he made sure we were firing on all cylinders when it mattered most.

I am a 49ers fan through and through. But I am not new to this, I am more Eddie D then Jed York in the way I think and approach things re 49ers football. No need to switch to KC as I know what its like to win right here 5-0.

But I can also recognize what the greats are doing too Reid/Mahomes 3-1. They are the new Cowboys, something we need to think about as we attempt to climb this mountain again.

Kyle didn't call those plays either.

Bill Walsh is gone, those days are over same with Eddie D. Those 49ers didn't have to deal with 17 and soon 18 game seasons, where the salary cap plays a big part in todays NFL. Not to mention all the b******t rules the NFL keeps adding and taking away. But all of a sudden in the 2020 and 2024 Super Bowls, they wanna ignore and call penalties like it was the 80's.

Wake up man, this isn't the same NFL that you saw in the 80's and early 90's.
I don't want him fired, just want to point out that there are holes in what he's doing that need to be fixed.

Problem is his "gods gift" attitude.

We are not the Detroit Lions, or the Bengals, we are the 49ers so we've been to the top of the mountain and we know what it looks like and what it takes to make that the norm/standard. This is not what it looks like, should be setting the standard and not being content with almost getting to the top. 5-0

I have a problem with your logic: this is not what it looks like.

If CMC didn't fumble and we scored that drive the game wouldnt have been within reach and we'd have our 6th Super Bowl win. But this is not what it looks like?

If the kicker didnt miss the field goal and we scored that drive the game wouldnt have been within reach and we'd have our 6th Super Bowl win. But this is not what it looks like?

My point is we were literally a play away from winning our 6th Super Bowl but a few posters on here think we are miles away and should fire everyone involved because we didnt win. It's like divorcing your wife bc you tried 2 times for a baby and she didnt get pregnant. Better divorce her and go with someone else!!!

Has Kyle made mistakes? Sure has. Even the great Andy Reid has made mistakes. Heck it took him like 20 years of coaching to win his fist super bowl. But hey lets get rid of Kyle bc he';s come close but hasnt won. Makes no sense to me.

Both Super Bowls Kyle was in were f**kin rigged. Funny how Bill Vinovich got to be head ref for both of them. It's also funny that AFC teams seem to win majority of the time whenever he is the ref. It's also funny that whenever Vinovich is the ref the 9ers lose much more times than coming out the victors.

I was thinking the same thing until I heard the sound bite of Kyle saying "I didn't know the overtime rule".

Ref didn't call the play at the goal line leaving KC's best Defensive player unblocked.

This is on the guy in charge, and this is why I give the credit to Bill Walsh, he made sure we were firing on all cylinders when it mattered most.

I am a 49ers fan through and through. But I am not new to this, I am more Eddie D then Jed York in the way I think and approach things re 49ers football. No need to switch to KC as I know what its like to win right here 5-0.

But I can also recognize what the greats are doing too Reid/Mahomes 3-1. They are the new Cowboys, something we need to think about as we attempt to climb this mountain again.

Link to sound bite.

As for the rest of the post...

Kyle didn't call the play at the goal line leaving KC's best defensive player unblocked either.
Kyle didn't fumble that ball either.
Kyle didn't screw up the punt return either.

Players not doing what they were coached is not on the coach. You think Andy Reid spends all day with each of his players just constantly reminding them "don't fumble, don't fumble" or "just fall on the ball if it's fumbled, don't try to make a play, just fall on it!!!" or "Remember block the outside guy, block the outside guy on this play"

This is how stupid you sound pretending those plays were somehow on Kyle. These are grown men for the most part, they're all professionals making more money than most of us here. They need to be held accountable for doing their job and doing what they were coached without having to constantly remind them of the obvious.

You're so hung up on the glorydayz and that's great...in the glory days the 49ers won that SB considering they scored first in OT.
Originally posted by genus49:
Link to sound bite.

Kyle didn't call the play at the goal line leaving KC's best defensive player unblocked either.

Players not doing what they were coached is not on the coach. You think Andy Reid spends all day with each of his players just constantly reminding them "don't fumble, don't fumble" or "just fall on the ball if it's fumbled, don't try to make a play, just fall on it!!!" or "Remember block the outside guy, block the outside guy on this play"

This is how stupid you sound pretending those plays were somehow on Kyle. These are grown men for the most part, they're all professionals making more money than most of us here. They need to be held accountable for doing their job and doing what they were coached without having to constantly remind them of the obvious.

You're so hung up on the glorydayz and that's great...in the glory days the 49ers won that SB considering they scored first in OT.

tell KC to fax us the trophy
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Gods gift attitude? Now you critics are throwing out more b******t. How does he have a gods gift attitude?

I agree, we are getting in the weeds. Kyle has a ton of good. He does tend to have it go sideways in the big game. SB 58 was a poor showing for Kyle. Between big game questions and roster moves, such as plowing a fortune into a complete non factor like Lance, there are some valid criticisms to be had here. No rings, and if we do get back to the big game, we will be going in with a guy with a ton of big game baggage leading the way.

Yes, Kyle does have some issues, no HC is perfect especially in todays NFL. But what Shanahan has managed to do that I have yet to see in the last 10 seasons is a team go to the Super Bowl twice with two different QB's like Kyle did. And he's done it in less than 10 seasons under his belt. People wanna keep bringing up Andy Reid, but in the time it took Reid to win a NFCC, Shanahan already did it twice. Andy Reid been in the league almost 26 years, lol I bet Shanahan accomplishes more within 10 seasons.

And oh yes, I will pin the Trey lance mistake on him, that's a given. IMO

Bill Walsh is gone, those days are over same with Eddie D. Those 49ers didn't have to deal with 17 and soon 18 game seasons, where the salary cap plays a big part in todays NFL. Not to mention all the b******t rules the NFL keeps adding and taking away. But all of a sudden in the 2020 and 2024 Super Bowls, they wanna ignore and call penalties like it was the 80's.

First of all, Kyle actually calls the plays. But even more so he is the head coach so he is either coaching it or he is allowing it.

We can talk about rules and era's and all of that stuff, like we can talk about guys who wore leather helmets and had no teeth who also had to work other jobs during the offseason. We can talk about how Montana & Young were not afforded any type of protections as a QB (See Young's last NFL play).
Originally posted by genus49:

Link to sound bite.

https://youtube.com/shorts/OFQCmDND5Bs?si=Uxh09x0ch_JySwbu

Kyle; "I didn't know that"
Still going strong. The apologists will never concede that Kyle is just not good enough to win the ring. He takes us to the dance and leaves us in the parking lot or to the door but we never get inside. Until he wins he has to own the failure.
[ Edited by Bringbackedjr on Jun 5, 2024 at 10:21 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Still going strong. The apologists will never concede that Kyle is just not good enough to win the ring. He takes us to the dance and leaves us in the parking lot or to the door but we never get inside. Until he wins he has to own the failure.

And haters like yourself are delusional. If Kyle is good enough or great enough to GET to a Super Bowl, how is he not good enough to win one. Lemme ask you this, what HC out there would you like to replace Kyle right now that YOU know can win a Super Bowl?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

First of all, Kyle actually calls the plays. But even more so he is the head coach so he is either coaching it or he is allowing it.

We can talk about rules and era's and all of that stuff, like we can talk about guys who wore leather helmets and had no teeth who also had to work other jobs during the offseason. We can talk about how Montana & Young were not afforded any type of protections as a QB (See Young's last NFL play).

But did he actually call a fumble or mis block was that his intentions?

Now you're being silly or stupid cause you know the s**t you said in the first place was silly or stupid.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

And haters like yourself are delusional. If Kyle is good enough or great enough to GET to a Super Bowl, how is he not good enough to win one. Lemme ask you this, what HC out there would you like to replace Kyle right now that YOU know can win a Super Bowl?

Marv Levy
Marv Levy

Awesome example. He couldn't will a kick through the uprights or his team to beat three other opponents that were much better from top to bottom. Dude sucked.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Marv Levy

Awesome example. He couldn't will a kick through the uprights or his team to beat three other opponents that were much better from top to bottom. Dude sucked.

It's always the coaches fault when players don't do their job the correct way. /s
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Jun 5, 2024 at 10:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone