There are 181 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Marv Levy

Awesome example. He couldn't will a kick through the uprights or his team to beat three other opponents that were much better from top to bottom. Dude sucked.

It's always the coaches fault when players don't do their job the correct way. /s

i think you overstate when you say 'always'
if we look at SB 25, the D gameplan went to Canton, that was B Belichick. probably one of the great x's and o's of all time
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Marv Levy

Awesome example. He couldn't will a kick through the uprights or his team to beat three other opponents that were much better from top to bottom. Dude sucked.

It's always the coaches fault when players don't do their job the correct way. /s

if we look at SB 25, the D gameplan went to Canton, that was B Belichick. probably one of the great x's and o's of all time

I honestly don't understand either side of this argument whereas I feel guys like us are in the middle and naturally have things we like about Kyle, and things we don't.

He shouldn't be fired, but when someone points out an issue the automatic response is who would you replace him with lol

I need to try this with my wife and see how it works out!
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I honestly don't understand either side of this argument whereas I feel guys like us are in the middle and naturally have things we like about Kyle, and things we don't.

He shouldn't be fired, but when someone points out an issue the automatic response is who would you replace him with lol

That response is usually given to people who do actually want to fire him and/or claim he will never win one.

He has warts. They all do.

thank you
That response is usually given to people who do actually want to fire him and/or claim he will never win one.

He has warts. They all do.

Or people who make excuses for every other coaches warts but hold Kyle to a different standard.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Or people who make excuses for every other coaches warts but hold Kyle to a different standard.

That makes sense though because the 49ers were awesome 40 years ago under a different ownership and in a completely different league.
Marv Levy

I haven't seen a legit issue with Kyle mentioned here in a LONG time. It's been the same garbage packaged as something else. People blaming Kyle for every error in the SB and refusing to either give credit to KC or putting blame on players not executing what they're coached to do.

The serious gripes with Kyle in this last SB was his inability to one up Spags once he made his adjustments. Running the offense heavily through Deebo when they're playing press wasn't a great idea. BUT even with that flaw we were well in play to win that game but multiple mistakes, most of them having nothing to do with Kyle as a HC or OC and we lost the game.

So yes, call out how Kyle isn't as great with in-game adjustments, he's very particular about what he wants and sometimes that leads to issues whether its because he doesn't trust the players who are available(if HIS guys are out for whatever reason) or draft mistakes.

But stop blaming the man for a lineman who is only in the game because the starter got hurt blocking the wrong guy because he went with his gut vs what he was coached.

Stop blaming the man when someone fumbles the ball or too stupid to fall on a fumbled punt return. That's on the players. I'm 100% certain Shanahan did not ask them to fumble and I'm 100% confident we've coached the players to hold onto the damn ball!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Still going strong. The apologists will never concede that Kyle is just not good enough to win the ring. He takes us to the dance and leaves us in the parking lot or to the door but we never get inside. Until he wins he has to own the failure.

And haters like yourself are delusional. If Kyle is good enough or great enough to GET to a Super Bowl, how is he not good enough to win one. Lemme ask you this, what HC out there would you like to replace Kyle right now that YOU know can win a Super Bowl?
Not my job to pick his replacement as I have said many times.
Still going strong. The apologists will never concede that Kyle is just not good enough to win the ring. He takes us to the dance and leaves us in the parking lot or to the door but we never get inside. Until he wins he has to own the failure.

And haters like yourself are delusional. If Kyle is good enough or great enough to GET to a Super Bowl, how is he not good enough to win one. Lemme ask you this, what HC out there would you like to replace Kyle right now that YOU know can win a Super Bowl?

So complaining without a solution. That's called whining ergo 40-whiner

that who would we hire? was always a what the heck type comment, in a coaching cycle with legit gold jacket HCs just hanging around. that's not normal.

if shanny was suddenly unavail, I think we would hopefully call up pete or belichick vs promoting staley or some nonsense. a gold jacket coach walking into a loaded roster wouldn't be a bad recipe.

Originally posted by genus49:
Marv Levy

I haven't seen a legit issue with Kyle mentioned here in a LONG time. It's been the same garbage packaged as something else. People blaming Kyle for every error in the SB and refusing to either give credit to KC or putting blame on players not executing what they're coached to do.

The serious gripes with Kyle in this last SB was his inability to one up Spags once he made his adjustments. Running the offense heavily through Deebo when they're playing press wasn't a great idea. BUT even with that flaw we were well in play to win that game but multiple mistakes, most of them having nothing to do with Kyle as a HC or OC and we lost the game.

So yes, call out how Kyle isn't as great with in-game adjustments, he's very particular about what he wants and sometimes that leads to issues whether its because he doesn't trust the players who are available(if HIS guys are out for whatever reason) or draft mistakes.

But stop blaming the man for a lineman who is only in the game because the starter got hurt blocking the wrong guy because he went with his gut vs what he was coached.

Stop blaming the man when someone fumbles the ball or too stupid to fall on a fumbled punt return. That's on the players. I'm 100% certain Shanahan did not ask them to fumble and I'm 100% confident we've coached the players to hold onto the damn ball!

This is my issue and a harder one to address, is getting a better Oline some how.

Not your job to whine incessantly about him either but yet you've picked up that football and ran it down the field.

that who would we hire? was always a what the heck type comment, in a coaching cycle with legit gold jacket HCs just hanging around. that's not normal.

if shanny was suddenly unavail, I think we would hopefully call up pete or belichick vs promoting staley or some nonsense. a gold jacket coach walking into a loaded roster wouldn't be a bad recipe.

Bill didn't get a new gig after being let go. If we fired Shanny do you think he would struggle finding a new job? Be honest
Bill didn't get a new gig after being let go. If we fired Shanny do you think he would struggle finding a new job? Be honest

i'm on record that Kyle may be the most valuable coaching asset, this was before postseason,
he's certainly more in his prime due to age
yet, at the same time, if doofus mcgee is the only coach out there, then i see the point of the well who else would we hire argument..
the point falls flat when you have legit first ballot HOFers easily available

i'm on record that Kyle may be the most valuable coaching asset, this was before postseason,
he's certainly more in his prime due to age
yet, at the same time, if doofus mcgee is the only coach out there, then i see the point of the well who else would we hire argument..
the point falls flat when you have legit first ballot HOFers easily available

No argument from me about the merits of either of those coaches. But having a young coach who could be here for over a decade giving us consistent competitive football and hopefully a few rings is a pretty damn good. Firing that for the greatest coach of all time who was an okay to s**t GM and he would want to keep that hat and didn't do much winning when the greatest QB of all time wasnt behind center for him anymore. And you'd hire that for what 2-4 years til he retires. I just struggle to understand how that without a guaranteed Super Bowl is somehow a more alluring future. I understand some of the frustration with Kyle I do but ultimately I take those cause I truly believe he will be a Super Bowl winning coach sooner rather than later.
Share 49ersWebzone