49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Still going strong. The apologists will never concede that Kyle is just not good enough to win the ring. He takes us to the dance and leaves us in the parking lot or to the door but we never get inside. Until he wins he has to own the failure.

And haters like yourself are delusional. If Kyle is good enough or great enough to GET to a Super Bowl, how is he not good enough to win one. Lemme ask you this, what HC out there would you like to replace Kyle right now that YOU know can win a Super Bowl?
Not my job to pick his replacement as I have said many times.

But you talk like you want him fired. One fan to another, who would you choose?

Stop with the b***h-like answers "Not my job to pick". Of course it isn't, if it was your job I'd hope its not with the 9ers.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I honestly don't understand either side of this argument whereas I feel guys like us are in the middle and naturally have things we like about Kyle, and things we don't.

He shouldn't be fired, but when someone points out an issue the automatic response is who would you replace him with lol

I need to try this with my wife and see how it works out!

That response is usually given to people who do actually want to fire him and/or claim he will never win one.

He has warts. They all do.

I always get that response, and I never advocate for him to be fired.

I just think it is okay as a fan to criticize my coach.
AT least Shanny can PROUDLY say that all the teams he coached in the Super Bowls were LEADING before it ended ..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Giedi:
We are the opposite of the Bill Walsh 80's 49ers. Back then our offense seemed almost automatic at the end of games and in those situations.

Andy Reid had his team coached up and ready to go when it turned into situational football. Reid wasn't drinking during the O.T rules meeting with the officials LOL.

Andy is also about 4 to 8-ish years to retirement. Kyle's 22 years younger than Reid and Reid needs overtime (same with Bill Belichick) to beat Kyle.

Andy beat him twice, didn't need overtime the first time. But he did have to come from behind to beat Kyle both times, so I guess thats how the Bengals fans feel about Bill Walsh; "HE had to come from behind to beat us in the super bowl, so we are great too!". What does age have to do with anything from a coaching standpoint?

The Rams coach is only 38 years old and he has already won a super bowl. And he had to do it at the end of the game in come back fashion. Now I believe that game was rigged but hey, he won the super bowl LOL.

Age is a big factor favoring Kyle vs Reid and Bellichick. Bill Bellichick didn't even get to his first superbowl until age 49. Reid didn't get to his first superbowl till age 49, and guess what - he lost that game.

Kyle's been to three superbowls, and he's *still* 4 years younger that both coaches currently when compared to their (Reid and Bellichick's) ages when they reached their respective *first* superbowls.

P.s. Bill Walsh didn't get to his first superbowl till age 50.

If your standard is Bill Walsh then everyone will come up short.

The issue is never the criticism of Shanny. It's the standards used to criticize him and only him.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
No argument from me about the merits of either of those coaches. But having a young coach who could be here for over a decade giving us consistent competitive football and hopefully a few rings is a pretty damn good. Firing that for the greatest coach of all time who was an okay to s**t GM and he would want to keep that hat and didn't do much winning when the greatest QB of all time wasnt behind center for him anymore. And you'd hire that for what 2-4 years til he retires. I just struggle to understand how that without a guaranteed Super Bowl is somehow a more alluring future. I understand some of the frustration with Kyle I do but ultimately I take those cause I truly believe he will be a Super Bowl winning coach sooner rather than later.

You can make the argument for the allure of Bill. Pete has basically been a middling coach without a Pro Bowl level QB. Kyle went to a SB with a middling QB. I'd much rather have Kyle going forward for Brocks development.
We are the opposite of the Bill Walsh 80's 49ers. Back then our offense seemed almost automatic at the end of games and in those situations.

Andy Reid had his team coached up and ready to go when it turned into situational football. Reid wasn't drinking during the O.T rules meeting with the officials LOL.

Andy is also about 4 to 8-ish years to retirement. Kyle's 22 years younger than Reid and Reid needs overtime (same with Bill Belichick) to beat Kyle.

Andy beat him twice, didn't need overtime the first time. But he did have to come from behind to beat Kyle both times, so I guess thats how the Bengals fans feel about Bill Walsh; "HE had to come from behind to beat us in the super bowl, so we are great too!". What does age have to do with anything from a coaching standpoint?

The Rams coach is only 38 years old and he has already won a super bowl. And he had to do it at the end of the game in come back fashion. Now I believe that game was rigged but hey, he won the super bowl LOL.

Age is a big factor favoring Kyle vs Reid and Bellichick. Bill Bellichick didn't even get to his first superbowl until age 49. Reid didn't get to his first superbowl till age 49, and guess what - he lost that game.

Kyle's been to three superbowls, and he's *still* 4 years younger that both coaches currently when compared to their (Reid and Bellichick's) ages when they reached their respective *first* superbowls.

P.s. Bill Walsh didn't get to his first superbowl till age 50.

See; Sean McVay & Mike Tomlin.

They both won it at 36 years old.

Walsh got his first HC job at 47, so he got right to it.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jun 5, 2024 at 2:02 PM ]
I mean ya got a point, Kyle did help Jimmy get to the SB..on the Raiders, he dwindled..though, there were coach issues and such..the whole organization was a mess lol. But still, Jimmy looked lost on the Raiders, completely.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

If your standard is Bill Walsh then everyone will come up short.

The issue is never the criticism of Shanny. It's the standards used to criticize him and only him.

Well I am a San Francisco 49ers fan!

WTF else would be my standard Jim Tomsula???
looking at coach and QB, these are the contenders as we look to 2024
Top Teams

Baltimore (Harbaugh and Lamar)
KC (Reid and Mahomes)
Chargers (Harbaugh and Herbert)
Lions (MCDC and Goff)
Packers (LaFleur and Love)
49ers (Shanny and Brock)
Rams (McVay and Stafford)

I imagine the SB will come from the above
honorable mention Jets, Texans, Jags, Cowboys, Eagles

Originally posted by Montana:
I mean ya got a point, Kyle did help Jimmy get to the SB..on the Raiders, he dwindled..though, there were coach issues and such..the whole organization was a mess lol. But still, Jimmy looked lost on the Raiders, completely.

Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer at QB.

But I do see your point, Kyle has an incredible system. He has been in it his whole life due to his dad. He just has to have the stars line up for everything to work out.

Talent evaluation for his system, and then situational football. Once he learns how to close the show the sky will be the limit.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Top Teams

KC (Reid and Mahomes)
Lions (MCDC and Goff)
49ers (Shanny and Brock)

CJ Stroud might turn out to be a very good QB.
Top Teams

KC (Reid and Mahomes)
Lions (MCDC and Goff)
49ers (Shanny and Brock)

You got off the Dolphins!

Bills prob should be in there in spite of the roster changes.
Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer at QB.

But I do see your point, Kyle has an incredible system. He has been in it his whole life due to his dad. He just has to have the stars line up for everything to work out.

Talent evaluation for his system, and then situational football. Once he learns how to close the show the sky will be the limit.

They had one of the greatest defenses of all time though. Never had to score more than 11 points to win any of their playoff games. Also 20+ years ago
Top Teams

KC (Reid and Mahomes)
Lions (MCDC and Goff)
49ers (Shanny and Brock)

CJ Stroud might turn out to be a very good QB.

he looked crazy good and i suspect they will be a hot or trendy SB pick, want to see more from those guys before i crown em as a top contender, and it's hard to put Ryans after a season in the same convo as Kyle, McVay, Harbaugh, Reid, and others..
Share 49ersWebzone