49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by picklejuice:
detroit is actually a good team.

aldon smith can stay sober.

jim harbaugh can win a championship.

trent baalke is a decent GM.

kyle can win superbowl for 49ers someday.

3/5.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Montana:
I mean ya got a point, Kyle did help Jimmy get to the SB..on the Raiders, he dwindled..though, there were coach issues and such..the whole organization was a mess lol. But still, Jimmy looked lost on the Raiders, completely.

Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer at QB.

But I do see your point, Kyle has an incredible system. He has been in it his whole life due to his dad. He just has to have the stars line up for everything to work out.

Talent evaluation for his system, and then situational football. Once he learns how to close the show the sky will be the limit.

The Chiefs needed an Achilles to rupture, the best RB in the league to fumble, a punt to bounce off a players toe and a questionable decision in OT to win. They needed the stars to line up to steal that game away.

The chiefs also had Kyle. They out coached him again. They beat him again. Sure, we had some unfortunate things happen but at the end of the day the better coached team won. Again.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
I mean ya got a point, Kyle did help Jimmy get to the SB..on the Raiders, he dwindled..though, there were coach issues and such..the whole organization was a mess lol. But still, Jimmy looked lost on the Raiders, completely.

But I do see your point, Kyle has an incredible system. He has been in it his whole life due to his dad. He just has to have the stars line up for everything to work out.

Talent evaluation for his system, and then situational football. Once he learns how to close the show the sky will be the limit.

The Chiefs needed an Achilles to rupture, the best RB in the league to fumble, a punt to bounce off a players toe and a questionable decision in OT to win. They needed the stars to line up to steal that game away.

The chiefs also had Kyle. They out coached him again. They beat him again. Sure, we had some unfortunate things happen but at the end of the day the better coached team won. Again.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
looking at coach and QB, these are the contenders as we look to 2024
Top Teams

Baltimore (Harbaugh and Lamar)
KC (Reid and Mahomes)
Chargers (Harbaugh and Herbert)
Lions (MCDC and Goff)
Packers (LaFleur and Love)
49ers (Shanny and Brock)
Rams (McVay and Stafford)

I imagine the SB will come from the above
honorable mention Jets, Texans, Jags, Cowboys, Eagles

I'm hoping we fact Jim and the Chargers in the Superbowl.

We have a pretty good chance of facing a former coach from the 49ers in the superb owl. Since Shanny has produced 3 HCs in the AFC and Jim's back in the NFL. 1/4 the AFC is a former Niner coaches.

It's gonna take some doing In stopping the Chiefs from becoming the first team do the 3-peat In the super bowl era.
The mighty Chiefs have something other teams don't.

Not just Mahomes, Chris Jones and Kelce but also....

Taylor Swift cheering for them in playoffs.

Don't overlook how important this is.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

That was a well thought out post. Lol

how do you coach fluke plays ?

sounds like Reid needed luck to win
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

If you really think luck is the source of success for KC against the Niners then I will play along. Kyle lacks luck. He was out lucked again. Kyle has a history of bad luck in big games. His luck blew 3 leads for 3 sb losses. Clearly we need a coach with better luck.

I believe you make your own luck and success depends on your ability to overcome adversity, learn from not repeat mistakes. I don't buy into the theory we lost because we had misfortune. Champions overcome . Kyle is not a champion. He is a decent offensive coordinator at best.

If you really think luck is the source of success for KC against the Niners then I will play along. Kyle lacks luck. He was out lucked again. Kyle has a history of bad luck in big games. His luck blew 3 leads for 3 sb losses. Clearly we need a coach with better luck.

I believe you make your own luck and success depends on your ability to overcome adversity, learn from not repeat mistakes. I don't buy into the theory we lost because we had misfortune. Champions overcome . Kyle is not a champion. He is a decent offensive coordinator at best.

Feel free to provide all the outcoaching Andy Reid had in that game.

If you're going to talk out your ass then I hope you can back it up.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
looking at coach and QB, these are the contenders as we look to 2024
Top Teams

Baltimore (Harbaugh and Lamar)
KC (Reid and Mahomes)
Chargers (Harbaugh and Herbert)
Lions (MCDC and Goff)
Packers (LaFleur and Love)
49ers (Shanny and Brock)
Rams (McVay and Stafford)

I imagine the SB will come from the above
honorable mention Jets, Texans, Jags, Cowboys, Eagles

I'm hoping we fact Jim and the Chargers in the Superbowl.

We have a pretty good chance of facing a former coach from the 49ers in the superb owl. Since Shanny has produced 3 HCs in the AFC and Jim's back in the NFL. 1/4 the AFC is a former Niner coaches.

I remember a time when fully *half* the NFL was all former 49er coaches.

But agree, Demeco, McDaniel, Saleh, etc... are excellent coaches. man o man I wish we could have kept them. We'd probably have at least 🏆 if not more Superb Owl wins.

Originally posted by genus49:

Feel free to provide all the outcoaching Andy Reid had in that game.

If you're going to talk out your ass then I hope you can back it up.
It's fact. Not talk out of my ass. Start with the simple so you can understand it. Overtime decision. Stupid move. Not knowing the rules is not an excuse it's an admission of not being prepared and thus not preparing your team. He was out coached. He abandoned the run and called horrible plays in 3rd quarter. Actually while we are at it his play calling in all 3 superbowls he lost was highly questionable. He makes a habit of s**tting the bed in the big game. Shall I go on? His offensive genius has produced a total of 12 points in the 4th quarter and ot of all three superbowls combined. I guess that's just bad luck. By the way, He is attributed to having lost three of the biggest leads in superbowl history. More bad luck? I don't think so. Bad decisions. Bad play calling. Bad coaching.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

They had one of the greatest defenses of all time though. Never had to score more than 11 points to win any of their playoff games. Also 20+ years ago

Football didn't start in the 2000's.

I agree, and they have done it to us twice.

3x total, the stars have lined up for Andy Reid quite well.
We are the opposite of the Bill Walsh 80's 49ers. Back then our offense seemed almost automatic at the end of games and in those situations.

Andy Reid had his team coached up and ready to go when it turned into situational football. Reid wasn't drinking during the O.T rules meeting with the officials LOL.

Andy is also about 4 to 8-ish years to retirement. Kyle's 22 years younger than Reid and Reid needs overtime (same with Bill Belichick) to beat Kyle.

Andy beat him twice, didn't need overtime the first time. But he did have to come from behind to beat Kyle both times, so I guess thats how the Bengals fans feel about Bill Walsh; "HE had to come from behind to beat us in the super bowl, so we are great too!". What does age have to do with anything from a coaching standpoint?

The Rams coach is only 38 years old and he has already won a super bowl. And he had to do it at the end of the game in come back fashion. Now I believe that game was rigged but hey, he won the super bowl LOL.

Age is a big factor favoring Kyle vs Reid and Bellichick. Bill Bellichick didn't even get to his first superbowl until age 49. Reid didn't get to his first superbowl till age 49, and guess what - he lost that game.

Kyle's been to three superbowls, and he's *still* 4 years younger that both coaches currently when compared to their (Reid and Bellichick's) ages when they reached their respective *first* superbowls.

P.s. Bill Walsh didn't get to his first superbowl till age 50.

See; Sean McVay & Mike Tomlin.

They both won it at 36 years old.

Walsh got his first HC job at 47, so he got right to it.

Sean and Tomlin also lost a super bowls. Kyle dominates Sean and Tomlin's not sniffed a Superbowl in more than a decade.

Kyle also dominated McVay in the regular season, yet McVay has a ring.

Kyle is a great regular season Head Coach at this point. He's also good in the playoffs, until...

OUCH!
Share 49ersWebzone