49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
What was my take?

This

Shanahan is the Head Coach & the O.C, who put Burford (who was unprepared) out on the field in that situation?

He was the backup. Wtf do you expect there? Burford also admitted he f**ked up. He even got called out by a teammate. But some crunch finger cheetos guy on his couch just knows better.

Doesn't change a thing, he is out there because Kyle allowed it. The fact that he didn't know what to do is even more of a knock on the head coach/o.c.

This isn't little league baseball.

Exactly, it isn't little league lmao, glad you figured that out. IT"S PRO SPORTS. You should know how to do the job you;re getting paid millions for. The fact that you even posted that is hilarious. Imagine a player coming out and being like, bro im just a backup idk what's going on and i shouldn't be expected to be good, he would be cut in a sec.

He has experience starting half the season. Would you preferred Jaylon Moore? Also, Burford said he know what to do, he just let his instincts take over and didn't follow the play structure. Ffs, you really are as dense as they get. Go back to the Kap threads and rant on how he's so amazing.
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by eastie:
Using Glory's logic, a sixth grader in Hoboken NJ fails his math test. It's the parents fault? NO? It's the teachers fault, NO. It's the Principals fault. NO It's the fault of the leader of the school board's fault. Nope. It would be the fault of the Federal Dept of Education as they sit atop the organizational chart. But wait, there is an even higher chart. IT's the fault of the President of the United States. Now if you are of a religious vein then the fault must go to the Leader of your religion of choice. Right, Glory? I mean, its all right there in the charts, correct?

Strawman.

Nothing to see here. Moving on...

LOL. But, it's the ORGANIZATION CHART!!! Who's name is on top? That's the responsible party. That's what YOU said. Are you now saying that it only applies to this team? I'm just trying to see this thing from your perspective. Please explain to me the difference.

No, it applies to all pro football teams. Go look at the department heads and see what you come back with.

Kyle is not responsible for food and beverages bro. He is responsible for the football team, he is the leader of men.

Jed couldn't lead a football team if his life depended on it, but he can lead a business and thats what you are seeing. Go look at the org chart and see who is responsible for this football team when they are on the field. While you are at it, go look at who's responsible for their surgeries and rehab (here's a hint; that won't be Kyle).

The buck stops with the head coach.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Do you see any non-fact in my post that you are responding too? (Strawman)

I don't think it's a fact that Kyle liked Beathard more than Mahomes. That's a pretty ridiculous assumption with the only supporting evidence being a report from Peter King (I believe) that said Beathard was the only QB Kyle was willing to take in the draft. Even if that report were true, it's not actually a confirmation that he liked Beathard more than a player who was much more costly in terms of draft picks.

Isn't it widely reported that Kyle and his staff didn't really look at any of the top qbs in this draft cause they didn't play on taking one and would get cousins in FA the following year?

I think it's ridiculous that a rookie head coach wouldn't evaluate a draft with a handful of really talented qbs (Watson, mahommes etc). But I don't think that means he liked beathard more than mahommes. I think it means they wanted a young guy to draft and have as a back up in the later rounds and probably just loved beathard film and drafted him earlier than they anticipated.

Well, none of that is what happened.

What happened was Solomon Thomas got drafted at #3 overall and Beathard got drafted (3rd round) #104 overall.

Meanwhile Andy Reid made a trade with the Buffalo Bills of all teams, trading up from #27 to #10 to get a generational talent.

The Solomon Thomas pick sits over the top of this Franchise for ever.

It has cost us 2 maybe 3 Superbowl wins at least.

Thomas became the third consecutive defensive end drafted in the first round by the 49ers, joining Arik Armstead (2015) and DeForest Buckner (2016). So it was hardly a pick for need basis.

In fact, the man who drafted Thomas, 49ers general manager John Lynch—coincidentally studied alongside Thomas as a mature student while working as a broadcaster for FOX Sports at Standford, so it may have been a nepotistic pick.

Even Rubean Foster was a bad pick at 31, T J Watt was picked one before him.

If they nail the 2017 draft, we would have won at least 2 more Superbowls.
Doesn't change a thing, he is out there because Kyle allowed it. The fact that he didn't know what to do is even more of a knock on the head coach/o.c.

This isn't little league baseball.

Exactly right. Professional players carry responsibility.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

I don't think it's a fact that Kyle liked Beathard more than Mahomes. That's a pretty ridiculous assumption with the only supporting evidence being a report from Peter King (I believe) that said Beathard was the only QB Kyle was willing to take in the draft. Even if that report were true, it's not actually a confirmation that he liked Beathard more than a player who was much more costly in terms of draft picks.

Isn't it widely reported that Kyle and his staff didn't really look at any of the top qbs in this draft cause they didn't play on taking one and would get cousins in FA the following year?

I think it's ridiculous that a rookie head coach wouldn't evaluate a draft with a handful of really talented qbs (Watson, mahommes etc). But I don't think that means he liked beathard more than mahommes. I think it means they wanted a young guy to draft and have as a back up in the later rounds and probably just loved beathard film and drafted him earlier than they anticipated.

What happened was Solomon Thomas got drafted at #3 overall and Beathard got drafted (3rd round) #104 overall.

Meanwhile Andy Reid made a trade with the Buffalo Bills of all teams, trading up from #27 to #10 to get a generational talent.

Thomas became the third consecutive defensive end drafted in the first round by the 49ers, joining Arik Armstead (2015) and DeForest Buckner (2016). So it was hardly a pick for need basis.

In fact, the man who drafted Thomas, 49ers general manager John Lynch—coincidentally studied alongside Thomas as a mature student while working as a broadcaster for FOX Sports at Standford, so it may have been a nepotistic pick.

Should have drafted QB1 from that draft right bot?
Another option could have been Patrick Mahomes, but Kyle liked Beathard more.

One stupid narrative wasn't enough for today?

Andy didn't even want Mahomes if you knew the history of how it went down lol. He wanted Paxton Lynch the yr prior and he got taken before they could get him. It was Brett Veach who wasn't even the GM at the time who pounded the table for Pat.

love how you cherry pick Andy's good picks but never mind all the Kevin hogan and aaron Murray picks lol.
Originally posted by genus49:
Shanahan is the Head Coach & the O.C, who put Burford (who was unprepared) out on the field in that situation?

I don't know why you see Andy Reid as a genius because his O-Line was holding? There are many other things to point in that regard. Nah, I know you were being sarcastic LOL

For f's sakes man are you serious right now? You act like Shanahan subbed Burford in for that play specifically.

Feliciano won the starting job for a reason. Feliciano got hurt - something I'm sure you'll blame on Shanahan for putting him in harms way or not having him work on his body well enough.

And btw Feliciano WAS prepared. He owned up to doing his own thing and going with his gut. A coach cannot control what a player does in the heat of the moment. Just like coaches can't count on QBs taking bad sacks, players fumbling the ball.

If anything you'd think the defense/Bosa saying they weren't prepared for Mahomes keeper on 4th down in OT, while Trent Williams is calling for it on the sideline would be a coaching lack of prep...something I'm sure you'd blame on Shanahan as the HC. You think Andy Reid worries about the defensive gameplan?

?

I think you mean Burford?

Excuses tend to make facts blurry.

You know very well I meant Burford but chose to hone in on the error and ignore the rest of the post because it shows how ridiculous your take was.

What was my take?

You don't know how to expand the quotes to see what you were blabbering on about?
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Exactly, it isn't little league lmao, glad you figured that out. IT"S PRO SPORTS. You should know how to do the job you;re getting paid millions for. The fact that you even posted that is hilarious. Imagine a player coming out and being like, bro im just a backup idk what's going on and i shouldn't be expected to be good, he would be cut in a sec.

He has experience starting half the season. Would you preferred Jaylon Moore? Also, Burford said he know what to do, he just let his instincts take over and didn't follow the play structure. Ffs, you really are as dense as they get. Go back to the Kap threads and rant on how he's so amazing.

You have to be a rare level of ignorant to ignore those facts and still claim it was the HCs fault for having him out there and having him unprepared(when the player says he was prepared but still decided to do his own thing)

oh that's right…Kyle should've read Burford's mind and called a timeout and ensured he would do his assigned task of blocking outside and taking on Chris Jones. Stupid Kyle.

If they nail the 2017 draft they're not getting Nick Bosa.

And no amount of hindsight would result in 49ers drafting Mahomes. Because even in a hindsight redraft the Browns take him…
You don't like the fact that everything falls on leadership. I know that is a hard concept for some folks but EVERYTHING on any side of the ball will fall at the feet of the Head Coach good or bad, he gets all the credit and blame.

I don't even know what the bolded above means, but it reminds me of a small child having no response to being owned.

Nothing wrong with this argument in my opinion. Personally think it's correct.

Where this breaks down is any conclusion other than Shanahan has done a stellar job overall.

A perfect example is Steve Wilks, as you referenced. His first two hires were so successful he was forced to make a third and it didn't work out as well. There aren't an infinite amount of high quality coordinators available to teams.

Very good post! I have been waiting for this response hence me stating over and over again that Shanahan is responsible for EVERYTHING football related with our team. I had to throw in that little nugget, Good or Bad, for someone to catch on but I can take that.

If he's credited for CMC's TD's he's also responsible for the fumbles. If he's credited for the great offense, defense, and ST game plans he's also responsible for the ones that fail. If he's responsible for Robert Saleh, Mike McDaniel, and Demeco Ryans success then he is responsible for Steve Wilks failure.

NO EXCUSES

Dude stfu. There are plenty of coaches including Andy Reid who get to delegate parts of the team to other coaches.

Yes Kyle hired Wilks and he's to blame for that. It doesn't excuse Wilks from not doing his job. And as SmokeyJoe pointed out and you while claiming he made a great point chose to ignore the logic behind, only so many candidates out there.

49ers lost DeMeco after the NFCCG. Go back and check how many coaches were hired at that point. Not like the NFL waits until the SB is over so all the coaching hires happen at the same time.

Kyle and Wilks met. They talked about what each wanted and came to an understanding that Wilks would bring in his own flair but keep the status quo for the most part. That's clearly not what happened and yet here you are blaming it all on Kyle.

I can guarantee you Reid didn't have to babysit Spags. He got to work on his group and let Spags and Troub or whatever his ST coordinator is do their thing.

Kyle apparently isn't as good a HC if he doesn't oversee everything else on his team outside of the offense.

Temper Tantrum?? LMAO

Anyway

You are correct, it is the head coaches job to delegate responsibilities, this is what head coaches do, its the job. overall. The head coach is responsible for the performance of the entire team. I already pointed out that Kyle is responsible for hiring Wilks, asking him to maintain the status quo only complicated things.

How Andy Reid hired and gave the defense to Spags is a great example of leadership.

Kyle should be held accountable for his hiring decisions and his oversight of the team as the head coach. I struggle to see why holding the head coach accountable is a bad thing?

If they nail the 2017 draft they're not getting Nick Bosa.

And no amount of hindsight would result in 49ers drafting Mahomes. Because even in a hindsight redraft the Browns take him…

That means we would get Myles Garrett though…
Temper Tantrum?? LMAO

Anyway

You are correct, it is the head coaches job to delegate responsibilities, this is what head coaches do, its the job. overall. The head coach is responsible for the performance of the entire team. I already pointed out that Kyle is responsible for hiring Wilks, asking him to maintain the status quo only complicated things.

How Andy Reid hired and gave the defense to Spags is a great example of leadership.

Kyle should be held accountable for his hiring decisions and his oversight of the team as the head coach. I struggle to see why holding the head coach accountable is a bad thing?

So is Kyle's hiring of Saleh, Ryans, and other assistants.

The difference between the lasting success of Spags is simply timing and the fact that he's not desirable as a HC.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Andy didn't even want Mahomes if you knew the history of how it went down lol. He wanted Paxton Lynch the yr prior and he got taken before they could get him. It was Brett Veach who wasn't even the GM at the time who pounded the table for Pat.

love how you cherry pick Andy's good picks but never mind all the Kevin hogan and aaron Murray picks lol.

Sure, that sounds logical.

Andy Reid traded all the way up from 27 to 10 to grab a player he didn't want. Meanwhile, Kyle gets a pass for choosing Solomon Thomas over a generational QB?

Nice post LOL
Share 49ersWebzone