There are 44 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

What I've seen with Kyle Shanahan from interviews so far, is that he seemed to be able to deal with loses or set backs and not let it consumes him. It's a good sign for HC longevity.

So refreshing to have an offensive HC, that doesn't clammed up every time someone ask about the offense. Or gets defensive when questioned his decision making or calls, like in the SB. Guys like Harbaugh would not have handled that well. He and Lynch seemed truly enthusiastic about rebuilding the Niners.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

With approximately $80 million in cap room, one would think it's safe bet the #49ers' free-agent gains outweigh their losses this offseason.

AB81Rules has us at $94,759,899 once we cut Kaepernick (and does not include, Brooks, Bethea, Brock, etc.)

Thanks Moneyball Paraag!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
What I've seen with Kyle Shanahan from interviews so far, is that he seemed to be able to deal with loses or set backs and not let it consumes him. It's a good sign for HC longevity.

So refreshing to have an offensive HC, that doesn't clammed up every time someone ask about the offense. Or gets defensive when questioned his decision making or calls, like in the SB. Guys like Harbaugh would not have handled that well. He and Lynch seemed truly enthusiastic about rebuilding the Niners.

This is exactly why I feel like he'll be our head coach for a long time. He seems like a coach that doesn't worry about what people on the outside think and just handles his buisness. Kind of like Belichick in a way.
[ Edited by Ninerblood on Feb 14, 2017 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Agreed! He's ready for this...period.
Originally posted by NCommand:

With approximately $80 million in cap room, one would think it's safe bet the #49ers' free-agent gains outweigh their losses this offseason.

AB81Rules has us at $94,759,899 once we cut Kaepernick (and does not include, Brooks, Bethea, Brock, etc.)

Thanks Moneyball Paraag!
if Lynch can use that olive oil voice of his...we might even have a decent team this year. which would make next year an even better team
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Thanks Moneyball Paraag!
if Lynch can use that olive oil voice of his...we might even have a decent team this year. which would make next year an even better team

V. Davis is depth and he can still set the edge. He will come cheap

Thanks Moneyball Paraag!

, I wanna keep Brock&Brooks now I think...Brooks comes off the books after this year anyways and can possibly net us a comp pick, and still think with a good pass rush and hopefully playing with some leads,Brock can be a solid CB for us.

Thanks Moneyball Paraag!

I think the team should definitely try to trade Bethea. Move Ward to S full time, draft depth, and have Tartt as insurance.

I would love for the team to add some strong FA help, but I don't know how good we're going to be at talking players into coming here.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Thanks Moneyball Paraag!

I think the team should definitely try to trade Bethea. Move Ward to S full time, draft depth, and have Tartt as insurance.

I would love for the team to add some strong FA help, but I don't know how good we're going to be at talking players into coming here.

What do you think about Budda Baker in the second?

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Constantine:

Decent Free Agency signings with the Niners Cap of 85 million with out Colin Kaep not opting out.
If Colins opts out that about 95 Cap space

LB Donta Hightower 5 years 60 million 12 annually
DT Abry Jones 5 years 42 million 8 annually
DT Glenn Dorsey 3 years 3 million 1 annually
WR Pierre Garcon 4 years 20 million 5 annually
OT Kevin Zeitler 4 years 47 million 13 annually
TE Vernon Davis 2 years 2 million 900 K annually
CB Morris Claiborne 4 years 30 million 7 annually
QB J. Garoppolo 5 years 63 million 12 annually or K. Cousins 5 years 90 million 18 annually

Grand total:
With Cousins 64 to 69 Million cap hit
With Garoppolo 42 to 47 million cap hit

No. Vernon can shove his jumba juice up his ass, he gave up on the team before we traded him. Still love him though for the NO playoff game though.

Claiborne only had one good season, and even after that he got hurt. pass on him

V. Davis can still set the edge in the running game... adds depth and speed to spread the field. O yeah and cheap.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Thanks Moneyball Paraag!

, I wanna keep Brock&Brooks now I think...Brooks comes off the books after this year anyways and can possibly net us a comp pick, and still think with a good pass rush and hopefully playing with some leads,Brock can be a solid CB for us.

If Brooks is willing to a situational LB then I agree, he is great depth which we need. Let's see if he will bend
Mike Shanahan on Kyle getting the 49ers job.

http://milehighsports.com/proud-father-mike-shanahan-talks-son-kyles-new-job/

Thanks Moneyball Paraag!

Buy everyone!!!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Mike Shanahan on Kyle getting the 49ers job.

http://milehighsports.com/proud-father-mike-shanahan-talks-son-kyles-new-job/

Haven't watched this yet, but I remember when Cowherd interviewed Mike back in December, Mike claimed that Cousins was a QB capable of winning the Super Bowl with the right pieces. Hard to think that won't influence Kyle's decision.
Share 49ersWebzone