There are 86 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Koldo:
There are people who thrive under the pressure of the big stage and people who fold like a chair.

You can read in Kyle's face what he was thinking on the sidelines during the two Super Bowls: it wasn't "how am I going to win this game", it was "how am I going to avoid losing it."

I'm going to guess he wasn't rumbling through cliches in his head as he was calling the game.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
The only QBs who did from the start in recent memory was Manning and Luck. I want to say possibly Matt Ryan as well.

Even then the C is mostly responsible for it. Jeff Saturday was doing most of the calls for Manning. Manning was assigning the hot routes, audibles, calling out the MIKE at times, and if he thought the blitz would be coming hard from a certain side (which Jeff also did as well)

Then center should be a priority. Not grabbing a career backup center to start on a Super Bowl roster. They haven't even drafted a legit center prospect to groom and learn.

Thats what I've been arguing for years. They simply don't value o line.

Do I think Pearsall is the difference maker? probably not, but seeing how they handle contracts I get why they took him. My biggest hope is Purdy's growth tbh. He's that good imo and can mask a lot of faults. My fear tho is it won't matter and the o-line will always break our backs.

They certainly don't value the "center" position, that's for sure.

That's definitely incorrect. Which is why they have Richburg all that money in FA. Why the brought in Alex Mack.

You're just saying that because they gave Brendel the job after Mack retired. Center is arguably the most important position on Kyle's OL and he's treated it that way for the most part. Doesn't mean he's going to go crazy bringing in big name guys if he doesn't think they fit what he wants.
There are people who thrive under the pressure of the big stage and people who fold like a chair.

You can read in Kyle's face what he was thinking on the sidelines during the two Super Bowls: it wasn't "how am I going to win this game", it was "how am I going to avoid losing it."

Fun fact…Kyle wasn't on the field for any of the plays in that game.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I'm going to guess he wasn't rumbling through cliches in his head as he was calling the game.

These guys are so damn stupid 😂
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
It's almost like some of you just started watching yesterday. You really think Kyle is going to give any sort of leeway of HIS offense to a QB? He's faaaaaar to egotistical and stubborn.

Odd how the players refute that every single year.....

The players are quick to point out that they make a lot of input, and have described it as offense by committee, heck we have numerous examples of players abandoning their routs and running to day light for Brock to find them for big gains.

Don't know who you are listing too....but they are lying to you.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
The only QBs who did from the start in recent memory was Manning and Luck. I want to say possibly Matt Ryan as well.

Even then the C is mostly responsible for it. Jeff Saturday was doing most of the calls for Manning. Manning was assigning the hot routes, audibles, calling out the MIKE at times, and if he thought the blitz would be coming hard from a certain side (which Jeff also did as well)

Then center should be a priority. Not grabbing a career backup center to start on a Super Bowl roster. They haven't even drafted a legit center prospect to groom and learn.

Thats what I've been arguing for years. They simply don't value o line.

Do I think Pearsall is the difference maker? probably not, but seeing how they handle contracts I get why they took him. My biggest hope is Purdy's growth tbh. He's that good imo and can mask a lot of faults. My fear tho is it won't matter and the o-line will always break our backs.

They certainly don't value the "center" position, that's for sure.

That's definitely incorrect. Which is why they have Richburg all that money in FA. Why the brought in Alex Mack.

You're just saying that because they gave Brendel the job after Mack retired. Center is arguably the most important position on Kyle's OL and he's treated it that way for the most part. Doesn't mean he's going to go crazy bringing in big name guys if he doesn't think they fit what he wants.

Kyle finding Brendel saved him at least a 3rd round pick, considering Brendel was a pro-bowl alternate (I think) a year or two ago. I think this year they have done a good job loading up on the OLine talent this year.

I can see Puni moving to center at some point and ShanaLynch drafting another guard/OT next year should Trent Williams retires.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to Gore's witty and articulate responses.

• Koldo
  • Veteran

You don't have to be actively thinking about it for such thoughts to be roaming in your head.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
It's almost like some of you just started watching yesterday. You really think Kyle is going to give any sort of leeway of HIS offense to a QB? He's faaaaaar to egotistical and stubborn.

Odd how the players refute that every single year.....

The players are quick to point out that they make a lot of input, and have described it as offense by committee, heck we have numerous examples of players abandoning their routs and running to day light for Brock to find them for big gains.

Don't know who you are listing too....but they are lying to you.

Ppersonally I think Brock is going to have a great input in developing Kyle's offense. In the past Brock's said he likes throwing to his TE's - because they are big, and usually taller than the defenders. Hence Brock can use his accuracy to throw to his TE's to dominate a game. I think that's why they drafted Latu and Willis last year. That's (I think) an example of Kyle listening to his players vs being a my-way-or-the-highway type of coach.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

You don't have to be actively thinking about it for such thoughts to be roaming in your head.

No no. They're right. It was clear Kyle had the "I got this" face on when he decided to go for pass after pass after pass in that 3rd quarter. Clearly the Shanafans know that it's all about mind games with Kyle. It's what makes him the genius.

• Giedi
  • Veteran

I think part of that is wanting to live up and/or beat his dad to a superbowl win. The other is that he's a very aggressive coach. Walsh was a very patient coach. He developed the short high precision passing because he loved to kill you with a thousand cuts. Kyle wants the TKO/Knockout in the first round.

So when Kyle doesn't get a knockout, as when Bill couldn't get his defenses to dominate the opposing offense - both got rattled. That's my reading of it. Walsh eventually developed that knockout offense with Rice and Taylor, and Kyle will develop his patience and defense as both got more playoff experience.
Originally posted by DrEll:
No no. They're right. It was clear Kyle had the "I got this" face on when he decided to go for pass after pass after pass in that 3rd quarter. Clearly the Shanafans know that it's all about mind games with Kyle. It's what makes him the genius.

By most fans standards going 'pass after pass' would signify aggression. Which is the opposite of the cliche Koldo was vomiting up here.

He def should have just kept pounding the run when his star back was rampaging for 3 yards a carry and fumbling in scoring position though. Run game was just dominant.

It's interesting that some couch potato can determine what somebody is thinking, from seeing a few seconds of that person from the tv cameraduring the course of a game. Such incredible powers! Must be an all-time winner at the poker tables, no? LOL.

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to Gore's witty and articulate responses.

As opposed to the wealth of knowledge and articulate insight you bring to the board on a daily basis 🤣
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

As opposed to the wealth of knowledge and articulate insight you bring to the board on a daily basis 🤣

I don't know about that.

I see bursting the bubble where some delusional ShanaLynch cheerleaders live more as a community service.

Share 49ersWebzone