49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
The only QBs who did from the start in recent memory was Manning and Luck. I want to say possibly Matt Ryan as well.

Even then the C is mostly responsible for it. Jeff Saturday was doing most of the calls for Manning. Manning was assigning the hot routes, audibles, calling out the MIKE at times, and if he thought the blitz would be coming hard from a certain side (which Jeff also did as well)

Then center should be a priority. Not grabbing a career backup center to start on a Super Bowl roster. They haven't even drafted a legit center prospect to groom and learn.

Thats what I've been arguing for years. They simply don't value o line.

Do I think Pearsall is the difference maker? probably not, but seeing how they handle contracts I get why they took him. My biggest hope is Purdy's growth tbh. He's that good imo and can mask a lot of faults. My fear tho is it won't matter and the o-line will always break our backs.

They certainly don't value the "center" position, that's for sure.

That's definitely incorrect. Which is why they have Richburg all that money in FA. Why the brought in Alex Mack.

You're just saying that because they gave Brendel the job after Mack retired. Center is arguably the most important position on Kyle's OL and he's treated it that way for the most part. Doesn't mean he's going to go crazy bringing in big name guys if he doesn't think they fit what he wants.

Mack was on his last legs and Richburg was sooooo long ago and was a terrible signing. ( Overrated and overpaid ). Since then, the 9ers have been more than content with a career backup starting at center, so no, I would disagree that they valuable the center as much as you think.
The only QBs who did from the start in recent memory was Manning and Luck. I want to say possibly Matt Ryan as well.

Even then the C is mostly responsible for it. Jeff Saturday was doing most of the calls for Manning. Manning was assigning the hot routes, audibles, calling out the MIKE at times, and if he thought the blitz would be coming hard from a certain side (which Jeff also did as well)

Then center should be a priority. Not grabbing a career backup center to start on a Super Bowl roster. They haven't even drafted a legit center prospect to groom and learn.

Do I think Pearsall is the difference maker? probably not, but seeing how they handle contracts I get why they took him. My biggest hope is Purdy's growth tbh. He's that good imo and can mask a lot of faults. My fear tho is it won't matter and the o-line will always break our backs.

That's definitely incorrect. Which is why they have Richburg all that money in FA. Why the brought in Alex Mack.

You're just saying that because they gave Brendel the job after Mack retired. Center is arguably the most important position on Kyle's OL and he's treated it that way for the most part. Doesn't mean he's going to go crazy bringing in big name guys if he doesn't think they fit what he wants.

Mack was on his last legs and Richburg was sooooo long ago and was a terrible signing. ( Overrated and overpaid ). Since then, the 9ers have been more than content with a career backup starting at center, so no, I would disagree that they valuable the center as much as you think.
what lol

both were key guys and pieces to our playoff runs in those years. If rich doesn't get hurt before our SB in 2019.. we may have ring #6
Very much so.

Purdy, Aiyuk and CMC we're BIG upgrades over what we had previously.

And you expect your best players to show up in the biggest moments. I'd say they all kinda fell flat that game.

All 3 dudes want to (or already are) one of the highest paid players at their position…well show up in the biggest moments. Same with Kittle, dude has been a ghost the last two SBs.

IMO a coach can only do so much. You need those guys to show up. The players matter.

Honestly, for all of the cut/trade/release Deebo talk, he's like the only guy I can think of that has had the big game or the big play in the moments where we absolutely needed a play. My memory could be failing but I don't recall Kittle or Aiyuk making such plays. CMC has to a lesser extent but he's also been with us less.

What made Richburg terrible? And Mack was praised at the time. Pure hindsight to say he was on his last legs.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

what lol

both were key guys and pieces to our playoff runs in those years. If rich doesn't get hurt before our SB in 2019.. we may have ring #6

But he did get Injured and we didn't we #6. The point remains, we're still stuck with Brendel at center
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
What made Richburg terrible? And Mack was praised at the time. Pure hindsight to say he was on his last legs.

Wasn't Richburg the one who kept getting pushed back? And I had no problem with the signing of Mack, but that would have been a temporarily fix considering his age

what lol

But he did get Injured and we didn't we #6. The point remains, we're still stuck with Brendel at center
stuck with a top OL, i'll take it

what lol

He's not, though.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

what lol

lol yea. that's why we lost in 2019 😵‍💫
Originally posted by DrEll:

what lol

We lost because Kyle couldn't make Jimmy into an elite QB. Jimmy will win 5 MVPs now with McVay

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
No no. They're right. It was clear Kyle had the "I got this" face on when he decided to go for pass after pass after pass in that 3rd quarter. Clearly the Shanafans know that it's all about mind games with Kyle. It's what makes him the genius.

By most fans standards going 'pass after pass' would signify aggression. Which is the opposite of the cliche Koldo was vomiting up here.

He def should have just kept pounding the run when his star back was rampaging for 3 yards a carry and fumbling in scoring position though. Run game was just dominant.

Here we go

It was CMC's fault
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
No no. They're right. It was clear Kyle had the "I got this" face on when he decided to go for pass after pass after pass in that 3rd quarter. Clearly the Shanafans know that it's all about mind games with Kyle. It's what makes him the genius.

By most fans standards going 'pass after pass' would signify aggression. Which is the opposite of the cliche Koldo was vomiting up here.

He def should have just kept pounding the run when his star back was rampaging for 3 yards a carry and fumbling in scoring position though. Run game was just dominant.

Here we go

It was CMC's fault

Your reading comprehension is amazing.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Jun 23, 2024 at 6:36 PM ]

what lol

He's not, though.
He's a key piece in a top 3 OL that lead us to back to back NFCCG while at center

what lol

well it's def not what you think it is lol

but seriously, Rich could have been more of a force on getting Jones's hands down (batted balls) than back up Garland
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jun 23, 2024 at 8:58 PM ]
43 min mark

Share 49ersWebzone