49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by genus49:
Here's the short clip

Basically Brent thinks people blaming everything on Kyle don't know wtf they're talking about and he wants to fight them.

I agree with it, folks that blame just the HC are dumb as s**t imo. It's the typical lazy fan take. Then they get all butt hurt when you lay out a substance driven debate on it.

we all should be smart enough to understand who's a good HC and who isn't. We've seen both ends.

You're the same kid who said you rather us be bad then lose in the playoffs. 🤡
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Here's the short clip

Basically Brent thinks people blaming everything on Kyle don't know wtf they're talking about and he wants to fight them.

I agree with it, folks that blame just the HC are dumb as s**t imo. It's the typical lazy fan take. Then they get all butt hurt when you lay out a substance driven debate on it.

we all should be smart enough to understand who's a good HC and who isn't. We've seen both ends.

Prove I said that or f* off.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The only QBs who did from the start in recent memory was Manning and Luck. I want to say possibly Matt Ryan as well.

Even then the C is mostly responsible for it. Jeff Saturday was doing most of the calls for Manning. Manning was assigning the hot routes, audibles, calling out the MIKE at times, and if he thought the blitz would be coming hard from a certain side (which Jeff also did as well)

Then center should be a priority. Not grabbing a career backup center to start on a Super Bowl roster. They haven't even drafted a legit center prospect to groom and learn.

Thats what I've been arguing for years. They simply don't value o line.

Do I think Pearsall is the difference maker? probably not, but seeing how they handle contracts I get why they took him. My biggest hope is Purdy's growth tbh. He's that good imo and can mask a lot of faults. My fear tho is it won't matter and the o-line will always break our backs.

They certainly don't value the "center" position, that's for sure.

That's definitely incorrect. Which is why they have Richburg all that money in FA. Why the brought in Alex Mack.

You're just saying that because they gave Brendel the job after Mack retired. Center is arguably the most important position on Kyle's OL and he's treated it that way for the most part. Doesn't mean he's going to go crazy bringing in big name guys if he doesn't think they fit what he wants.

Mack was on his last legs and Richburg was sooooo long ago and was a terrible signing. ( Overrated and overpaid ). Since then, the 9ers have been more than content with a career backup starting at center, so no, I would disagree that they valuable the center as much as you think.

I agree its been at best half hearted attempts. Aside TW they have not really hit at all.

I mean, you can still invest in the OL and not have to think they overvalue at a different position. I got no problem with Pearsall. He was a top 40ish player and plays a premium position (look at these contacts coming out). Guys that can beat man coverage and get open quickly can help Brock and pass-pro.

They tried to get a legit center in Richburg. He'd probably still be our starter if not for that injury. Also I believe he was brought in before Foerster was the OL coach. IMO he's kinda the guy that's saying we don't need to invest a ton there, which is weird as s**t. He comes off a bit arrogant, acting like he can coach up whomever.

Overall he has coached up guys to be "starters" BUT when you have stars all over the place, why not invest a little in center or OT? Instead of treading water…you got actual studs if he's developing them as well. Doesn't make sense to me and I doubt it changes as long as he's here.

Correct, I am not really bashing it either way more than simply questioning it much as you are. I did want JPJ there as I feel a star center would make a huge difference even if not sexy (I now believe his injury flags turned them off, and I am not going to argue that given this teams history).

I think they knew Aiyuk and Deebo would be next to impossible to keep together more than a year or two so Pearsall is the bride to be. Again that makes sense, but we chose him over a few good o-line prospects for sure. Time will tell.

I am also not high of Foerster either, but tbh as Ncommand always said they simply don't value o-line and now the damn o-line coach literally SAID IT.
I really don't want this to bite them in the ass again, but tbh it probably will.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Here's the short clip

Such language, do you blow your boss with that mouth!!!
Originally posted by Giedi:
Agree in a sense, he's a bit of a blowhard, but a heck of a lot better than a Cone-head that thinks he's a journalist when he's just a 49er troll that I refuse to listen or read.

Engagement trolls imo
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The only QBs who did from the start in recent memory was Manning and Luck. I want to say possibly Matt Ryan as well.

Even then the C is mostly responsible for it. Jeff Saturday was doing most of the calls for Manning. Manning was assigning the hot routes, audibles, calling out the MIKE at times, and if he thought the blitz would be coming hard from a certain side (which Jeff also did as well)

Then center should be a priority. Not grabbing a career backup center to start on a Super Bowl roster. They haven't even drafted a legit center prospect to groom and learn.

Thats what I've been arguing for years. They simply don't value o line.

Do I think Pearsall is the difference maker? probably not, but seeing how they handle contracts I get why they took him. My biggest hope is Purdy's growth tbh. He's that good imo and can mask a lot of faults. My fear tho is it won't matter and the o-line will always break our backs.

They certainly don't value the "center" position, that's for sure.

That's definitely incorrect. Which is why they have Richburg all that money in FA. Why the brought in Alex Mack.

You're just saying that because they gave Brendel the job after Mack retired. Center is arguably the most important position on Kyle's OL and he's treated it that way for the most part. Doesn't mean he's going to go crazy bringing in big name guys if he doesn't think they fit what he wants.

Mack was on his last legs and Richburg was sooooo long ago and was a terrible signing. ( Overrated and overpaid ). Since then, the 9ers have been more than content with a career backup starting at center, so no, I would disagree that they valuable the center as much as you think.
what lol

both were key guys and pieces to our playoff runs in those years. If rich doesn't get hurt before our SB in 2019.. we may have ring #6

lol yea. that's why we lost in 2019 😵‍💫

We lost because Kyle couldn't make Jimmy into an elite QB. Jimmy will win 5 MVPs now with McVay

Great. Now spin 2023 for us. "We lost because…."
Originally posted by Giedi:
My pet peeve with Kyle is that he's too aggressive and panics too often when he's behind in the 4th QTr.

That said, I dont see anybody else better in the NFL coaching the 49ers other than Kyle. He has the pedigree, history and connections with the legends of the past. Now with an elite franchise QB in Brock, he's got his ideal more mobile and accurate Kirk Cousins QB. He's set to dominate the NFL the way Reid/Mahomes and Belichick/Brady did in the past. We shall see.

I think a lot of HC'a have issues when playing from behind in the 4th QR. that's not just a kyle thing.

IMO that's when you need your highly paid studs to show up. Boss make a 3rd down sack, Warner get a INT, kittle/deebo/BA/CMC break some tackles and score a TD. Trent block the snot out of their best pass-rusher. Brock don't shell up and make a play.

They've made big plays in big moments. Gotta have it in the 4th QR of the the Super Bowl now….on both sides.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 24, 2024 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by DrEll:
Great. Now spin 2023 for us. "We lost because…."

You mean every team minus one team lost in 2023…..

they lost because mahomes pulled some s**t out of his ass at the end of the game…quit acting like they lost to Derek Carr or some s**t.

at some point you NEED your f**king studs to show up and make a play. You just can't accept that because of a lazy narrative you are unwilling to budge off.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Here's the short clip

• Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Here's the short clip

Yup, and a few colleagues too. They all love it.

Are orange flavored tic tacs involved? /j

So you have been practicing holding your breath after all
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

So you have been practicing holding your breath after all

Why so interested? Is this how you flirt?

this thread took 10 turns for the worse
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Are orange flavored tic tacs involved? /j

Cherry Lemonade
Share 49ersWebzone