There are 201 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Harbaugh was fired for being bat s**t crazy and feuding with his boss

What was he feuding with his boss about?

Gender neutral locker rooms

Lol
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Harbaugh was fired for being bat s**t crazy and feuding with his boss

What was he feuding with his boss about?

Gender neutral locker rooms

Lol

Until the 49ers have a transgender player on our team, activists will rightly lobby.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Giedi:
My pet peeve with Kyle is that he's too aggressive and panics too often when he's behind in the 4th QTr.

That said, I dont see anybody else better in the NFL coaching the 49ers other than Kyle. He has the pedigree, history and connections with the legends of the past. Now with an elite franchise QB in Brock, he's got his ideal more mobile and accurate Kirk Cousins QB. He's set to dominate the NFL the way Reid/Mahomes and Belichick/Brady did in the past. We shall see.

I think a lot of HC'a have issues when playing from behind in the 4th QR. that's not just a kyle thing.

IMO that's when you need your highly paid studs to show up. Boss make a 3rd down sack, Warner get a INT, kittle/deebo/BA/CMC break some tackles and score a TD. Trent block the snot out of their best pass-rusher. Brock don't shell up and make a play.

They've made big plays in big moments. Gotta have it in the 4th QR of the the Super Bowl now….on both sides.

Yeah...let's be honest this team isn't built to just air the ball out without the threat of the run. Yes we can do it but when the other team knows we have to pass(common when a team is down late) it exposes our biggest weakness - pass pro.

Brock had moments where he can make up for it and given our talent at the skill positions that certainly helps. But KC got us in the rush and at the backend with blanket coverage. I think that's why Kyle addressed WR. He's looking for more guys who can get open quickly. It's also why I think we keep Aiyuk when it's all said and done. He was getting open in the SB, just wasn't getting the ball because we featured Deebo more or because his routes were longer developing ones and the OL wasn't giving Brock time to hit him.

But yes...you need your big players to make big plays in key moments. KC keeps getting it from their guys whether it's Mahomes/Kelce or Chris Jones and this last one...Trent McDuffie.

When you have your top guys having a rough game in the biggest game...the odds of you winning regardless of the coaching decisions definitely take a hit.

I think Kyle is a fine coach. The difference between a guy like Kyle and a guy like Walsh was the experience Walsh had. Walsh knew when to calm players down and when to rile them up. Kyle is different, but the same in many ways. I think as the Purdy/Kyle relationship matures and gains experience - it can possibly rival the dynasty years. Too many fans are too impatient in my opinion. Kyle and Purdy are by no means finished products. As they both push themselves to grow, they will eventually get better.
My pet peeve with Kyle is that he's too aggressive and panics too often when he's behind in the 4th QTr.

That said, I dont see anybody else better in the NFL coaching the 49ers other than Kyle. He has the pedigree, history and connections with the legends of the past. Now with an elite franchise QB in Brock, he's got his ideal more mobile and accurate Kirk Cousins QB. He's set to dominate the NFL the way Reid/Mahomes and Belichick/Brady did in the past. We shall see.

I think a lot of HC'a have issues when playing from behind in the 4th QR. that's not just a kyle thing.

IMO that's when you need your highly paid studs to show up. Boss make a 3rd down sack, Warner get a INT, kittle/deebo/BA/CMC break some tackles and score a TD. Trent block the snot out of their best pass-rusher. Brock don't shell up and make a play.

They've made big plays in big moments. Gotta have it in the 4th QR of the the Super Bowl now….on both sides.

Yeah...let's be honest this team isn't built to just air the ball out without the threat of the run. Yes we can do it but when the other team knows we have to pass(common when a team is down late) it exposes our biggest weakness - pass pro.

Brock had moments where he can make up for it and given our talent at the skill positions that certainly helps. But KC got us in the rush and at the backend with blanket coverage. I think that's why Kyle addressed WR. He's looking for more guys who can get open quickly. It's also why I think we keep Aiyuk when it's all said and done. He was getting open in the SB, just wasn't getting the ball because we featured Deebo more or because his routes were longer developing ones and the OL wasn't giving Brock time to hit him.

But yes...you need your big players to make big plays in key moments. KC keeps getting it from their guys whether it's Mahomes/Kelce or Chris Jones and this last one...Trent McDuffie.

When you have your top guys having a rough game in the biggest game...the odds of you winning regardless of the coaching decisions definitely take a hit.

I think Kyle is a fine coach. The difference between a guy like Kyle and a guy like Walsh was the experience Walsh had. Walsh knew when to calm players down and when to rile them up. Kyle is different, but the same in many ways. I think as the Purdy/Kyle relationship matures and gains experience - it can possibly rival the dynasty years. Too many fans are too impatient in my opinion. Kyle and Purdy are by no means finished products. As they both push themselves to grow, they will eventually get better.

We have guys who said they rather lose every game vs lose only the superbowl. Fans are built very different also.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

We have guys who said they rather lose every game vs lose only the superbowl. Fans are built very different also.

Well maybe the younger fans have that itch to experience a Superbowl championship, that's for sure. All I can say is its great while it lasts. It doesn't last long. Once the new season starts, every team is back to square one, trying to be the last one standing again.

Don't get me wrong, I still value the 5 championship experiences, but they aren't really life changing events like marriage or the birth of your son/daughter (for example).

Yeah Bill didn't get his HC gig until later in his career so perhaps that leads to some wisdom and different mind frame.

Bill didn't win his first SB until he was 50. Kyle is going to turn 45 later this year so hopefully he gets to that level soon. Despite what some people think I do believe Kyle is learning with every defeat.

Well maybe the younger fans have that itch to experience a Superbowl championship, that's for sure. All I can say is its great while it lasts. It doesn't last long. Once the new season starts, every team is back to square one, trying to be the last one standing again.

Don't get me wrong, I still value the 5 championship experiences, but they aren't really life changing events like marriage or the birth of your son/daughter (for example).

Yeah I always think it's funny when fans act like "you're content with coming up short" or variations of that when you say the season was still successful.

I'm a 49ers fan. I love the draft and when I see the team has no chance to win a lot of games, yes I do root for us to play well but lose games for better draft position. However I MUCH rather watch us have a successful regular season and make the playoffs. I'm just as devastated when we lose a SB because I want that win so bad. I'm a 49ers fan living in Boston. Celtics just won and I honestly don't give a sh*t. Over the years as life got busier I only have time for one team and that's the 49ers. Seeing them win the SB as an adult would be absolutely amazing. I want it SO bad.

BUT I know that I enjoyed the hell out of last season. As fanbases go we got to experience the most fun and excitement save 1 fanbase. As tough as the loss was, I'll take that and to me that's a successful season - just not the ultimate success.

No other fanbase save KC watched the Superbowl last season with the thoughts "my team can hold up the Lombardi at the end of this"

You can't win it if you're not in the game. We need to get back there and this time close things out and enjoy that ultimate goal! I have seen nothing from Kyle that tells me he doesn't have what it takes. Closing out a game is a matter of executing plays and preventing the other team from making more plays than you.

I would be a lot more concerned if we went into these playoff losses and looked like Dallas did vs GB. Unprepared, outmatched and shell shocked. As much as losing leads sucks, having the lead or being in the game the whole way shows coaching is not holding the team back. In every one of those losses you can point to a play or two that swung the game.

Jimmy G missing Sanders in 2019
Tartt dropping the pick Stafford threw right to him in 2021
Brock's injury in 2022
Pick one of like 6 in 2023

And yet people act like Kyle will never win one. He's right there in every one of those games. The team was prepared. They just have to close things out and avoid those critical mistakes.
  • BP13
  • Veteran

Yeah I always think it's funny when fans act like "you're content with coming up short" or variations of that when you say the season was still successful.

I'm a 49ers fan. I love the draft and when I see the team has no chance to win a lot of games, yes I do root for us to play well but lose games for better draft position. However I MUCH rather watch us have a successful regular season and make the playoffs. I'm just as devastated when we lose a SB because I want that win so bad. I'm a 49ers fan living in Boston. Celtics just won and I honestly don't give a sh*t. Over the years as life got busier I only have time for one team and that's the 49ers. Seeing them win the SB as an adult would be absolutely amazing. I want it SO bad.

BUT I know that I enjoyed the hell out of last season. As fanbases go we got to experience the most fun and excitement save 1 fanbase. As tough as the loss was, I'll take that and to me that's a successful season - just not the ultimate success.

No other fanbase save KC watched the Superbowl last season with the thoughts "my team can hold up the Lombardi at the end of this"

You can't win it if you're not in the game. We need to get back there and this time close things out and enjoy that ultimate goal! I have seen nothing from Kyle that tells me he doesn't have what it takes. Closing out a game is a matter of executing plays and preventing the other team from making more plays than you.

I would be a lot more concerned if we went into these playoff losses and looked like Dallas did vs GB. Unprepared, outmatched and shell shocked. As much as losing leads sucks, having the lead or being in the game the whole way shows coaching is not holding the team back. In every one of those losses you can point to a play or two that swung the game.

Brock's injury in 2022

And yet people act like Kyle will never win one. He's right there in every one of those games. The team was prepared. They just have to close things out and avoid those critical mistakes.
nice post, I agree, it's about enjoying the process; the journey, and it's been entertaining. I wouldn't get any joy with snapping my fingers and waking up tomorrow with a 6th trophy in the case, no other context. It's awesome watching this team be so good for this long, and I enjoy the process, and I believe we'll get there this year, or next or both.

Says you. Just kidding lol
I imagine Hell as this thread for eternity. Kyle never wins a Superbowl and in a billion zillion million trillion gazillion years, this thread just continues on and on and on. There are people here who would seriously love to live in Hell forever.

Surprised, Nick Siranni Isn't on that list.
Originally posted by BP13:

Brock's injury in 2022

nice post, I agree, it's about enjoying the process; the journey, and it's been entertaining. I wouldn't get any joy with snapping my fingers and waking up tomorrow with a 6th trophy in the case, no other context. It's awesome watching this team be so good for this long, and I enjoy the process, and I believe we'll get there this year, or next or both.

Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Sean McDermott should be #7. IMO
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Sean McDermott should be #7. IMO

I mean what exactly has he done? Other than ride Josh Allen to a bunch playoff exits.
Share 49ersWebzone