There are 156 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
your issue is you keep bringing up old 49ers who are no longer relevant to what we do. now if you'll excuse me, i'm off to the JG thread.

Your issue is you have a standard for Kyle that you don't have for anyone else all because you are still butthurt about Jimmy and Wilks.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
So what would he be then? Like 7th at absolute worst, lol.

He won't answer. The entire point is to make irrelevant points to try and make Kyle look bad.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
So what would he be then? Like 7th at absolute worst, lol.

He won't answer. The entire point is to make irrelevant points to try and make Kyle look bad.

Typical clown show
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
now do a Super Bowl HC ranks

Top Choker
Originally posted by Koldo:

Top Choker

I mean, 2 of the Bills 4 losses they were completely blown out, so Levy choked more. Dan Reeves' 4 losses were all lopsided ones. 3 of 4 of Grant's losses were blowouts.

Not even being in the game is a bigger choke job than losing close games.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
your issue is you keep bringing up old 49ers who are no longer relevant to what we do. now if you'll excuse me, i'm off to the JG thread.

Your issue is you have a standard for Kyle that you don't have for anyone else all because you are still butthurt about Jimmy and Wilks.

Hilarious the people he hitches his wagon to and things he argues just to be such a contrarian
Hopefully we can get to 10,000 pages on this topic before then end of the season.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Hopefully we can get to 10,000 pages on this topic before then end of the season.

No. Hopefully admin gets a clue and fires him after another failed season so we can still be competitive with the current roster and a legit coach.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Every single analyst, media guy, players, FO guys, other fans all agree that Kyle is a top 3-5 coach in the NFL. Only here do we have clown takes.

I'd say you can't be serious but we all remember your Catch discussion from a few weeks ago.
Originally posted by Montana:
I love seeing Dco on that list but DAMN I wish we could have held onto him for one more season. Fking Wilks lol

Food for thought? What if Dco gets a trophy before we do? Now don't freak out lol it is just for convo lol. I am not diminishing Kyle in any way, just would be interesting lol

It's possible but it will be more because of CJ Stroud than Demeco.

One thing we know is great coaches and great QBs tend to lead to SB wins. Demeco rightfully got a lot of praise cuz he's awesome and did a great job with Houston his first year there with little expectations but it's still 1 year.

Originally posted by genus49:
Every single analyst, media guy, players, FO guys, other fans all agree that Kyle is a top 3-5 coach in the NFL. Only here do we have clown takes.

I'd say you can't be serious but we all remember your Catch discussion from a few weeks ago.

I'm as disappointed as anyone about getting to 2 SBs and losing but I have to wonder who these people want instead of Kyle. You can't just lay the blame on a coach when a team loses. Everyone including the players knows that wins and losses are accomplished by the team. One or two decisions may be wrong but what about all the other ones that were correct? If you want to fire Kyle then at least tell us who you think would be a good replacement.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm as disappointed as anyone about getting to 2 SBs and losing but I have to wonder who these people want instead of Kyle. You can't just lay the blame on a coach when a team loses. Everyone including the players knows that wins and losses are accomplished by the team. One or two decisions may be wrong but what about all the other ones that were correct? If you want to fire Kyle then at least tell us who you think would be a good replacement.

I think It comes from the frustration of losing multiple super bowls. They just want someone to point the finger at and since Kyle Is the head coach, It's much easier to blame him than the entire team. In all seriousness, I'd be surprised If anyone really wanted Kyle fired.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
From 2017 to 2023, he's only missed the playoffs once. From 2000 to 2016, the Bills have never had double digit wins. He's managed to make the Bills relevant again. What has Dan Campbell done? One trip to the playoffs in three seasons, barely warrants #7.

let's not pretend like Goff and Josh Allen are on the level

imo HC and QB can make you a dynasty
like Mahomes / Reid and before Brady / Belichick

BUF has the QB imo, and no SB appearance. that tells me McDermott isn't doing his job. Allen does enough to prop him up so he doesn't get fired. Allen running circles around Mac Jones or Zach Wilson doesn't make me impressed by McDermott. Campbell inherited a much worse situation, and I think their team is better, even outgunned at QB.

You gotta be kidding me, do you not see how Allen chokes just as hard as Lamar Jackson in the playoffs!!! Also Jared Goff actually had better stats than Josh Allen this past season, so lets not make it like Goff is a total chump. And McDermott not doing his job, again stop with the nonsense, McDermott's defenses has constantly been rank in the top 10 in yards and points. Not to mention with all the injuries the defense takes, it still manages to be ranked in the top 10. Wait, you did know that McDermott is a defensive coach right? Smh. And again with the bias, Campbell has only had one playoff appearance, where he managed to take a 5-11 team and turn them into 3-13. McDermott also took over a crap team then went to the playoffs in his first season and that was with a division that had Brady who went 12-4 that year.

To me it just shows casual fans.

Winning SBs is not simply about having the best team. Sure it helps but a lot of times the so called best teams don't win it or if they do they still need a lot of luck to go their way.

If you actually look at rosters/results heading into the SB you'll find few teams in the last 10 years who were actually so called best teams. That goes for KC, LA, TB.

The closest were probably the Pats and Eagles.

The coaches on that list who won SBs needed a lot to go their way. Rams had a version of a super team and still needed us to shoot ourselves in the foot and a gift from the refs vs a weaker opponent tailor made for them to beat. Unlike Kyle Shanahan Mcvay got his defense to step up and get a late game stop. Does that make him a better coach? Or did his big time player(and one of the best ever) take advantage of a weak matchup and deliver in the moment?

John Harbaugh the other guy with 1 SB. We all know how he got his...now let's look at 2019 when he won COTY and had Lamar get his other MVP. Best team in the NFL #1 offense and #3 defense. Lost by 16 points and went one and done to Ryan Tannehill led team. Last year best record in the league, MVP in Lamar again - lost at home, at least made it to the 2nd game this time.

Mike Tomlin hasn't won a SB in like 13 years. Something like 6 one and dones in the playoffs since. Hell the year they won it all Tom Brady was out with an ACL since week 1. They didn't even have their toughest opponent around that year and still won their SB by only 4 points after getting a 100 yard pick 6 from James Harrison with no time left on the clock before halftime. If the man gets tackled they end up losing that game. Is that coaching? Or is that a player making a play?

Someone posted this and it kind of shocked me. Tomlin has been coaching for 17 years in Pittsburgh. He's got the same amount of playoff wins as Kyle Shanahan.

To me it just shows casual fans.

Winning SBs is not simply about having the best team. Sure it helps but a lot of times the so called best teams don't win it or if they do they still need a lot of luck to go their way.

If you actually look at rosters/results heading into the SB you'll find few teams in the last 10 years who were actually so called best teams. That goes for KC, LA, TB.

The closest were probably the Pats and Eagles.

The coaches on that list who won SBs needed a lot to go their way. Rams had a version of a super team and still needed us to shoot ourselves in the foot and a gift from the refs vs a weaker opponent tailor made for them to beat. Unlike Kyle Shanahan Mcvay got his defense to step up and get a late game stop. Does that make him a better coach? Or did his big time player(and one of the best ever) take advantage of a weak matchup and deliver in the moment?

John Harbaugh the other guy with 1 SB. We all know how he got his...now let's look at 2019 when he won COTY and had Lamar get his other MVP. Best team in the NFL #1 offense and #3 defense. Lost by 16 points and went one and done to Ryan Tannehill led team. Last year best record in the league, MVP in Lamar again - lost at home, at least made it to the 2nd game this time.

Mike Tomlin hasn't won a SB in like 13 years. Something like 6 one and dones in the playoffs since. Hell the year they won it all Tom Brady was out with an ACL since week 1. They didn't even have their toughest opponent around that year and still won their SB by only 4 points after getting a 100 yard pick 6 from James Harrison with no time left on the clock before halftime. If the man gets tackled they end up losing that game. Is that coaching? Or is that a player making a play?

Someone posted this and it kind of shocked me. Tomlin has been coaching for 17 years in Pittsburgh. He's got the same amount of playoff wins as Kyle Shanahan.

The Steelers are the definition of stability and patience. They give their coaches a ling leash. He's never had a losing season in 17 years and he's had ten 10 wins seasons. That's pretty amazing in the NFL to have a streak like that. Coachung in the SFC meant he had to face the Pats and Brady. the Colts and Broncos with Manning and more recently the Bills and Ravens. Tough to get past those teams and make it to the SB.
Share 49ersWebzone