There are 196 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by bassmanr:
I don't know about Atlanta however the other 2 he was, so I see your point. I hope he wins this year to put this argument to rest.

He was what? Completely responsible for the loss?

So you're saying if they won it was completely because of shanahan?

Brock/Trent/CMC/Bosa/Kittle/Deebo/BA/Fred or any other player has absolutely no part in if they win or lose? That's ridiculous
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 2, 2024 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't know about Atlanta however the other 2 he was, so I see your point. I hope he wins this year to put this argument to rest.

Brock/Trent/CMC/Bosa/Kittle/Deebo/BA/Fred or any other player has absolutely no part in if they win or lose? That's ridiculous

You see no matter what the facts are the argument comes back to forgiving Kyle for his mistakes as the guy who calls the plays. The atl loss was on Kyle. His play calling was malpractice in the second half yet his fans want you to forget about that and blame the loss all on the hc. That's absurd. Take a hard look at that game. It's insane. Yet we have to justify the criticism. Give me a break. And for the last time nobody is blaming Kyle 100% for the losses. That's the lazy argument. His criticism is 100% justified.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
You see no matter what the facts are the argument comes back to forgiving Kyle for his mistakes as the guy who calls the plays. The atl loss was on Kyle. His play calling was malpractice in the second half yet his fans want you to forget about that and blame the loss all on the hc. That's absurd. Take a hard look at that game. It's insane. Yet we have to justify the criticism. Give me a break. And for the last time nobody is blaming Kyle 100% for the losses. That's the lazy argument. His criticism is 100% justified.

So the play calling of the defense that blew at massive lead and gave up 500 yards played zero part of winning and losing? A holding penalty which negated a game winning 1st down was his fault lol? Give me a break. Go look at when they ran the ball. It was defended by a great defensive minded head coach. They couldn't get first downs running the ball. OH and the "leader" Quinn can change whatever the f**k he wants. He's the head coach!

Since when is the OC the leader of a team and not the HC? You totally contradict yourself and make your "facts" basically fake news…it's a bunch of bias lazy nonsense.

your refusal to acknowledge that players actually play a massive part of winning and losing proves my point. This isn't a video game.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 2, 2024 at 10:47 AM ]
OH and no one is forgiving Kyle. We're pointing out the reality of the sport. Yes I hated the call on 3rd and 2 to hand the ball to Juice. No he doesn't call a clean game every damn week. NO head coach does.

facts are our best players didn't show up in big moments. Where was Bosa to make a big sack? How about Deebo breaks off a long play? Brock misses some hot reads etc etc.

and guess what Kyle could call the perfect play every damn time AND a player might not execute it perfectly every time. There's more than coaches involved and folks being completely blind to that are just looking to blame someone. Lazy s**t
So apparently all our players suck and the only reason we've been successful is because of a head coach. Pretty wild.
I often see people on this board talk about experience when it comes to the Shanahan vs Reid argument.

Andy Reid coached 10 years at the college level almost all as a O-line Coach. Whereas Shanahan was a graduate assistant in college for 1 season and has only coached in the NFL since, he even become a coordinator after only 6 years of coaching. Hell it even took his dad Mike10 years to go from College to the NFL.

Shanahan has been coaching in the NFL at the highest level (OC or HC) for 16 years! What advantage does any coach in the NFL have over Shanahan who walked right through and straight to the top?

We got ourselves a good coach, could become a great coach. He doesn't need any excuses from us fans, he just needs to get the job done and start collecting rings like the other top coaches from the different eras of football.

I believe OUR TIME IS NOW!
So apparently all our players suck and the only reason we've been successful is because of a head coach. Pretty wild.

i mean didnt we all see Kyle run out onto the field and slap the ball outta CMC's hands? i swear i saw Kyle eating a banana on the sideline a few minutes before Dre slipped on the peel and tore his achilles. then i saw tiny Kyle sitting on Burford's shoulder guiding him to freelance on important plays.
Originally posted by boast:

i mean didnt we all see Kyle run out onto the field and slap the ball outta CMC's hands? i swear i saw Kyle eating a banana on the sideline a few minutes before Dre slipped on the peel and tore his achilles. then i saw tiny Kyle sitting on Burford's shoulder guiding him to freelance on important plays.

https://structure4success.com/bad-employee-behavior-youre-either-coaching-it-or-allowing-it/
Still going back and forth after months lol.

He is the head coach. He gets the credit and/or the blame even if he doesn't really deserve it. That comes with the job.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

https://structure4success.com/bad-employee-behavior-youre-either-coaching-it-or-allowing-it/

imagine thinking the 49ers dont already have a great structure in place and arent successful. that article is for teams like the Panthers.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Still going back and forth after months lol.

He is the head coach. He gets the credit and/or the blame even if he doesn't really deserve it. That comes with the job.

So where's Quinn's blame on the SB? Did McVay get the blame for putting 3 pts up in a SB? Or was that on Goff who got the boot a couple years later?

Tomlin hasn't done s**t in 15yrs and just got an extension…doesn't sound like blame to me. You think if KC lost this SB they're blaming Reid like this fan base blames Kyle?
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

LMAO...

Glad to know Clown college still lets you talk sports.

This stuff cracks me up. You have player after player with many of them being former players who even left the team via free agency talking about how detail oriented Kyle is. How he's willing to listen to advice of others as long as they know what they're talking about.

But we're supposed to believe that Kyle didn't coach CMC not to fumble? Cuz that would make him the only coach in the NFL who doesn't put emphasis on ball security. I guarantee you we coach "FALL ON THE BALL" for punts that are able to be recovered by the other team. Didn't stop McCloud from thinking he could make a play in the SB in the last year of his contract.

Burford literally admitted to freelancing, which means he knew what his assigned role was and still went with his "gut".

The only thing people have on Kyle is that he didn't drill the OT rules into his players(though Kittle was saying recently they went over the rules before and Juice just forgot) but even if he was just covering up for Kyle...it changed nothing about what the team needed to do in OT.

The culture Kyle brought into the building has bee praised by players and coaches time and time again but yet we still have people acting like Kyle is an arrogant SOB who does things so he gets all the credit and doesn't lead the team properly.

imagine thinking the 49ers dont already have a great structure in place and arent successful. that article is for teams like the Panthers.

One of a handful of teams that's ready made to win it all every yr. So horrible
Originally posted by genus49:

This stuff cracks me up. You have player after player with many of them being former players who even left the team via free agency talking about how detail oriented Kyle is. How he's willing to listen to advice of others as long as they know what they're talking about.

But we're supposed to believe that Kyle didn't coach CMC not to fumble? Cuz that would make him the only coach in the NFL who doesn't put emphasis on ball security. I guarantee you we coach "FALL ON THE BALL" for punts that are able to be recovered by the other team. Didn't stop McCloud from thinking he could make a play in the SB in the last year of his contract.

Burford literally admitted to freelancing, which means he knew what his assigned role was and still went with his "gut".

The only thing people have on Kyle is that he didn't drill the OT rules into his players(though Kittle was saying recently they went over the rules before and Juice just forgot) but even if he was just covering up for Kyle...it changed nothing about what the team needed to do in OT.

The culture Kyle brought into the building has bee praised by players and coaches time and time again but yet we still have people acting like Kyle is an arrogant SOB who does things so he gets all the credit and doesn't lead the team properly.

It really cracks me up that people on this board don't understand how football works. The head coach is responsible no matter what. So you are telling me that Kyle coached all of those things and yet they still happened which would mean that his players don't listen to him (which would be a whole different issue).

What do you get when you read this: "Your either coaching it, or you're allowing it".

There is nothing wrong with "accountability", accountability is relevant today the same way it was back in 1981.
Share 49ersWebzone