LISTEN: [FULL EPISODE] Impact Rookies & Brandon Aiyuk's Contract With Larry Krueger →

There are 102 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
There is a tremendous difference between winning every SB you coached to losing every single one. Let's not go insult our rich history please

Apparently there's not to some in here…you're a big fat loser unless you win the Super Bowl. I feel like folks would be happier not even having a chance to go to the Super Bowl every yr. They would love to whine about how bad they are
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 2, 2024 at 6:54 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Shanahan fanboy disparaging past Super Bowl winning HC's by calling such achievement a "stroke of luck" to prop Kyle up is beyond pathetic.

Who is available that you would like for the 49ers to replace Shanahan with?

He will deflect and say he doesn't want them fired even though every post of his talks about what failures they are at their jobs….so why would anyone who thinks they are total failures want them around?

It's hilarious how they never have an answer as to who will replace him and do a better job

Bill Belichick is a Super Bowl winning coach.
Pete Carroll is a Super Bowl winning coach.

but go ahead and spin why they're not better options because Father Time has taken its toll, or bc the genius Kyle Shanahan who has lost 2.5 Superbowls is a wayyyyy better option because you said so.

You guys are laughable
Originally posted by DrEll:
Shanahan fanboy disparaging past Super Bowl winning HC's by calling such achievement a "stroke of luck" to prop Kyle up is beyond pathetic.

He will deflect and say he doesn't want them fired even though every post of his talks about what failures they are at their jobs….so why would anyone who thinks they are total failures want them around?

It's hilarious how they never have an answer as to who will replace him and do a better job

but go ahead and spin why they're not better options because Father Time has taken its toll, or bc the genius Kyle Shanahan who has lost 2.5 Superbowls is a wayyyyy better option because you said so.

You guys are laughable

Why don't they have a HC job then?

BB got turned down by multiple teams lol
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
There is a tremendous difference between winning every SB you coached to losing every single one. Let's not go insult our rich history please

Apparently there's not to some in here…you're a big fat loser unless you win the Super Bowl. I feel like folks would be happier not even having a chance to go to the Super Bowl every yr. They would love to whine about how bad they are

Yea I think I'd rather have lost to Detroit, and to GB in 2019. Sorry, but runner up just doesn't sit well for a franchise accustomed to so much success. But most of you guys were born after 1998, so you aspire just to make the playoffs. That's the ultimate goal. Yay
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

You guys are laughable

Why don't they have a HC job then?

BB got turned down by multiple teams lol

He wasn't turned down because of those SB victories on his resume, I'm pretty sure of that…

You guys are laughable

Bill has a losing record without his GOAT. Pete hasn't won anything meaningful in a decade.

Nothing to spin they're old as s**t and no team wanted them
Yea I think I'd rather have lost to Detroit, and to GB in 2019. Sorry, but runner up just doesn't sit well for a franchise accustomed to so much success. But most of you guys were born after 1998, so you aspire just to make the playoffs. That's the ultimate goal. Yay

lol I'm probably older than you bud.

You're just talking about a different league and franchise.

Prior to Shanahan's hiring they had made the playoffs 5 times in just short of 20 years. That's not a lot of success by anyone's measure, let alone worthy of a comparison with the 80's-90's 49ers who had arguably the 2nd greatest run of any NFL franchise. Nearly all of it in an uncapped league.
He wasn't turned down because of those SB victories on his resume, I'm pretty sure of that…

He was turned down because he can't win s**t without his golden goose. He made that pretty clear the past couple seasons. Most HC can't win s**t without a HOF QB attached to them.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
You're just talking about a different league and franchise.

Prior to Shanahan's hiring they had made the playoffs 5 times in just short of 20 years. That's not a lot of success by anyone's measure, let alone worthy of a comparison with the 80's-90's 49ers who had arguably the 2nd greatest run of any NFL franchise. Nearly all of it in an uncapped league.

There aren't many teams that have made it to multiple Super Bowl's (especially in a short about of time) regardless if they've won them or not. One or two plays get executed properly and they're SB champs. 90% of the league and their fans would kill to have Kyle as their HC…and yet we got folks whining about s**t from the 80s like it matters anymore. That s**t is a totally different thing like you said.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 2, 2024 at 7:11 PM ]

Sure but the AFC was a dumpster fire for the back half of Walsh's run. It was an uncapped league that had little parity.

Walsh's Niners won one playoff* game as an underdog and had one road playoff win. Multiple losses as favorites including a two touchdown loss in a game where they were double digit favorites. That team had two eventual Hall of Famers at QB, and an embarrassment of riches up and down the roster.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jul 2, 2024 at 7:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Sure but the AFC was a dumpster fire for the back half of Walsh's run. It was an uncapped league that had little parity.

Walsh's Niners won one game as an underdog and had one road playoff win. Multiple losses as favorites including a two touchdown loss in a game where they were double digit favorites. That team had two eventual Hall of Famers at QB, and an embarrassment of riches up and down the roster.

I'm sure all those loses were only because of Walsh…no way it had anything to do with the players. f**king cowboys and Giants
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm sure all those loses were only because of Walsh…no way it had anything to do with the players. f**king cowboys and Giants

They arguably underachieved, especially by these fans' standards.
Kyle Shanahan won more road playoff games and more playoff games as an underdog in one season than Walsh had in his entire run as HC. And he did it in a capped league that caters to passing offenses… with Jimmy G at QB and two injuries to his throwing arm, lol.

Seifert had zero road playoff wins, and zero wins as an underdog.

Kyle has also never lost a home playoff game, though someone's bound to get us eventually
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
No amount of excuses will change the FACT that kyle is a super choke artist. A grade A choker, until he's not.

Plenty of time for Kyle to win a couple of Superbowl's. Walsh was still an offensive coordinator at Kyle's age.

How did Walsh do once he got an opportunity to be a head coach?

He got his defense to get key stops and won the SB. Funny how that's allowed to happen.

And once again for the crowd who loves to make the Walsh comparisons.

If The Catch game happens with the rules Shanahan is coaching with today - Dallas wins that game.

If Kyle got to coach with the rules of 1981, the 49ers win this last SB in OT.

This is why the idea of Kyle being a choker is stupid. Jim Harbaugh has a much better selling point of choking as a HC in the SB than Kyle does and yet many knocking Kyle love him and think he's a better HC for some strange reason.
Share 49ersWebzone