There are 201 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
I like it simple. 0-3. Three chokes and no wins. BTW, your deep philosophical discussion on "Karen's" and the generational analysis of football fans was fascinating and thought provoking. I am in awe of the intellectual prowess. The instant gratification theory, the "Karen" effect, and the merits of violence in child rearing all in one thread. Indeed, you guys are definitely swimming in the deep end…. Congratulations.

Did Sam Wyche choke?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I like it simple. 0-3. Three chokes and no wins. BTW, your deep philosophical discussion on "Karen's" and the generational analysis of football fans was fascinating and thought provoking. I am in awe of the intellectual prowess. The instant gratification theory, the "Karen" effect, and the merits of violence in child rearing all in one thread. Indeed, you guys are definitely swimming in the deep end…. Congratulations.

Did Sam Wyche choke?
God rest his soul. No he was not. One heart breaking loss does not earn you that label. 3 however more than qualifies.
God rest his soul. No he was not. One heart breaking loss does not earn you that label. 3 however more than qualifies.

But you said 3 chokes, which means that each game was it's own choke.

So what makes the Bengals loss to the 9ers different?
Never have I said that. I said Kyle deserves the criticism he gets for losing. I said he is responsible. I never said he was the only one responsible.

OMG stop it lol. There's a massive difference between criticizing and blaming everything on one person.

You not acknowledging that players pay a massive impact in wins and losses is the problem.

Where's the criticism of CMC and his RZ fumble? Where's the criticism for TW getting called for holding? How about missed extra point? Where's the criticism for Kittle/Deebo/Bosa etc being basically ghosts? Brock missing his hot read? How about Jimmy overthrowing sanders on what could have been a game winner? That's just our highly paid players…not even bringing up the role players that f**ked up at impactful moments.

you criticized ONE part of this team, totally disregard the players, their role, and the actual fact that Kyle has been part of putting together a damn good team.

If you can't talk about the whole picture good/bad it's not criticizing, it's just being an annoying whiner who doesn't understand how football works.
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
A bunch of these anti-kyle posters come from the generation that was told "If you stop crying, I'll buy you a treat", while others come from the generation that heard "If you don't stop crying, I'll give you something to cry about". We are not the same.

I think a bit of the older generation is doing the same nowadays, not all but quite a few. Karen's is a real problem lol. Everyone wants instant gratification and has no patience anymore and can't appreciate the little things.
Its the older generation it's the younger generation it's humanity failing…its everything other than a coach who s**ts his pants in every superbowl he was involved in. You guys are something else. It's comical.

Apparently, it's best if you stay in the shallow end. Things get complicated the deeper you go and you aren't equipped to handle that.

" I like it simple, 0-3" I'm trying to follow your logic. Aren't you the one that wrote how it falls on the HC win or lose? How can that be if you're going to blame the ATL loss on the OC? If the OC was to blame for that loss then surely the DC is to blame for the last SB? Oh, and just because you "like it simple" doesn't mean that IT IS SIMPLE. Nothing is simple if you dive deep into it but coming from the "if it's broke just buy another one" generation it's to be expected I guess.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
A bunch of these anti-kyle posters come from the generation that was told "If you stop crying, I'll buy you a treat", while others come from the generation that heard "If you don't stop crying, I'll give you something to cry about". We are not the same.

I think a bit of the older generation is doing the same nowadays, not all but quite a few. Karen's is a real problem lol. Everyone wants instant gratification and has no patience anymore and can't appreciate the little things.
Its the older generation it's the younger generation it's humanity failing…its everything other than a coach who s**ts his pants in every superbowl he was involved in. You guys are something else. It's comical.

Apparently, it's best if you stay in the shallow end. Things get complicated the deeper you go and you aren't equipped to handle that.

" I like it simple, 0-3" I'm trying to follow your logic. Aren't you the one that wrote how it falls on the HC win or lose? How can that be if you're going to blame the ATL loss on the OC? If the OC was to blame for that loss then surely the DC is to blame for the last SB? Oh, and just because you "like it simple" doesn't mean that IT IS SIMPLE. Nothing is simple if you dive deep into it but coming from the "if it's broke just buy another one" generation it's to be expected I guess.

Don't bother. These guys don't want to get into the details because they don't understand the game well enough to do so. Much easier to just close your eyes and ears and scream "0-3!!!"

I see this on Twitter all the time from the "hOlD kYlE aCcOuNtAbLe" crew. Heck some of them could be posting here and none of them can respond with specific in game example where Kyle's scheme had no answers for what the defense put out there or show me a specific example of Kyle's game management that hurt the team's chances to win or make a key play late in the game that ended up being the reason we lost.

Those types of conversations require actually rewatching the game in detail. They don't have time for that and too busy blaming Kyle for everything cuz he's the HC/leader of the team…just like he was with Atlanta.

oh wait.
I like it simple.

yep simple thoughts from simple people who lack the intellecual prowess to process context and detail.

glad you confirmed it.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Never have I said that. I said Kyle deserves the criticism he gets for losing. I said he is responsible. I never said he was the only one responsible.

OMG stop it lol. There's a massive difference between criticizing and blaming everything on one person.

You not acknowledging that players pay a massive impact in wins and losses is the problem.

Where's the criticism of CMC and his RZ fumble? Where's the criticism for TW getting called for holding? How about missed extra point? Where's the criticism for Kittle/Deebo/Bosa etc being basically ghosts? Brock missing his hot read? How about Jimmy overthrowing sanders on what could have been a game winner? That's just our highly paid players…not even bringing up the role players that f**ked up at impactful moments.

you criticized ONE part of this team, totally disregard the players, their role, and the actual fact that Kyle has been part of putting together a damn good team.

If you can't talk about the whole picture good/bad it's not criticizing, it's just being an annoying whiner who doesn't understand how football works.
I have a full understanding of how football works. His performance as a coach depends on execution on the field. We all get that. You are not uncovering some hidden secret with that. What his players do or don't do is ultimately how he gets evaluated. The result is what counts. When his career is over and his legacy is discussed, what will people say? What will he be evaluated on? His record. They will not qualify an opinion on his career with excuses for what could have been if this player did this or that. Get real. He has built a great roster and a winning team. I appreciate that. He is a good coach but he is also a superbowl choker. That will not change until he wins one.

i don't give a crap about what could have or should have been. I only care about the result. I don't fault you for seeing it differently. I respect it.

I have a full understanding of how football works. His performance as a coach depends on execution on the field. We all get that. You are not uncovering some hidden secret with that. What his players do or don't do is ultimately how he gets evaluated. The result is what counts. When his career is over and his legacy is discussed, what will people say? What will he be evaluated on? His record. They will not qualify an opinion on his career with excuses for what could have been if this player did this or that. Get real. He has built a great roster and a winning team. I appreciate that. He is a good coach but he is also a superbowl choker. That will not change until he wins one.

i don't give a crap about what could have or should have been. I only care about the result. I don't fault you for seeing it differently. I respect it.

LOL! "I have a full understanding of how football works." Except when you don't. "On any given Sunday"
[ Edited by eastie on Jul 4, 2024 at 1:10 PM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

I wouldn't put too much weight on the opinion of a poster who once claimed Trey should absolutely start over Brock because he has the "plus arm talent" and you "can't teach measurables"

Originally posted by Koldo:

I wouldn't put too much weight on the opinion of a poster who once claimed Trey should absolutely start over Brock because he has the "plus arm talent" and you "can't teach measurables"

Nice strawman!

LOL! "I have a full understanding of how football works." Except when you don't. "On any given Sunday"

On Any given Sunday you say. Ok. Thanks for adding such depth to the conversation. Ok fans, let's not hold any coach accountable because…. On any given Sunday anything can happen. Play calling, strategy and team discipline don't matter. Why? Because on any given Sunday anything is possible. Well , almost anything.. Kyle knows what hasn't happened for him on a very special Sunday.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
That "expansion" team went to the NFCCG 3 years prior to Seifert's first season there.

They were a better team across the board when he took them over than the roster Kyle took over.

3 years after Seifert took over Carolina they went 1-15 and he was fired.

3 years after Kyle took over the 49ers they went 13-3 and made the SB.

Please tell us again how much better Seifert was.

Gladly.

He's 2 Super Bowls better than Shanahan.

George Seifert was five years older than Kyle when he won his first superbowl as a head coach.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by genus49:
That "expansion" team went to the NFCCG 3 years prior to Seifert's first season there.

They were a better team across the board when he took them over than the roster Kyle took over.

3 years after Seifert took over Carolina they went 1-15 and he was fired.

3 years after Kyle took over the 49ers they went 13-3 and made the SB.

Please tell us again how much better Seifert was.

Gladly.

He's 2 Super Bowls better than Shanahan.

George Seifert was five years older than Kyle when he won his first superbowl as a head coach.
Omg. Now we have to wait for Kyle to mature before we hold him accountable or even criticize him. My bad. I had no idea. Just so we are all clear, how old does he have to be?
Anyone won this argument yet?
Share 49ersWebzone