49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Anyone won this argument yet?

😂
Kyle is the only person who can settle this debate. Win the SB. Silence your critics.

Thats basically the only way that we can stop it.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
I just want to win a damn Super Bowl. That's it...

What I'd give, for it to be painless....
He's a great coach and knows how to win tons of games and I have no doubt he will win a SB...but he hasn't been able to get over the hump because he has consistently played the wrong cards in the most critical of critical situations. It may be insulting to some fans, but it's a fact. Again, I think he's a great coach and wouldn't want anyone else to run this team because I do believe he will eventually win at least one SB.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
He's a great coach and knows how to win tons of games and I have no doubt he will win a SB...but he hasn't been able to get over the hump because he has consistently played the wrong cards in the most critical of critical situations. It may be insulting to some fans, but it's a fact. Again, I think he's a great coach and wouldn't want anyone else to run this team because I do believe he will eventually win at least one SB.

Careful now.. folks don't like hearing the truth in here. All his busted plays and strategies failed because the players did not execute. All the positive plays worked because he is a genius. Brock's success as an emerging elite qb is because Kyle made him great and so on…. how dare you say Kyle becomes less effective when it matters most? What proof do you have to back that up? By the way, you can't use all of his superbowl performances as evidence. Nope, folks don't want to hear that. And finally, you want him fired and think he is a terrible coach. I know you said otherwise but we are going to ignore that and demand you name his replacement. All hail the almighty Kyle! the Teflon genius who deserves no criticism.
Careful now.. folks don't like hearing the truth in here. All his busted plays and strategies failed because the players did not execute. All the positive plays worked because he is a genius. Brock's success as an emerging elite qb is because Kyle made him great and so on…. how dare you say Kyle becomes less effective when it matters most? What proof do you have to back that up? By the way, you can't use all of his superbowl performances as evidence. Nope, folks don't want to hear that. And finally, you want him fired and think he is a terrible coach. I know you said otherwise but we are going to ignore that and demand you name his replacement. All hail the almighty Kyle! the Teflon genius who deserves no criticism.

Love this. Spot on.
Originally posted by FanInFlorida:

Love this. Spot on.

LOL

This isn't poker, because the "cards" in this game can decide to not do their assignment, or can suddenly be beat by a lesser "card" on a single play when they have previously won the 10 before. Or your Ace fumbles. Even the right call can go wrong because of this element.
[ Edited by captveg on Jul 10, 2024 at 11:22 AM ]

Love this. Spot on.

Derp, not a single poster has said anything that he's boasting about.

If anything it's the other way around. He blames Kyle for everything…he can't even acknowledge how much players matter in W/Ls. Dude thinks it a video game or some s**t.

it's the weirdest hill to die on.
Originally posted by captveg:

This isn't poker, because the "cards" in this game can decide to not do their assignment, or can suddenly be beat by a lesser "card" on a single play when they have previously won the 10 before. Or your Ace fumbles. Even the right call can go wrong because of this element.

Yeah didn't know there was a fumble punt return card or an over throw a wide ass open sanders card lol?

that one play where Burford went full simple Jack, BA was wide ass open. JJ hand his man beat if our RG could make the correct block.

sure there's a couple bad calls in there. Same s**t with Reid. Only difference was his generational QB made something out of a dead play. Our highly paid (and about to be highly paid) players didn't show up at the most necessary time. s**t happens.

I've given multiple examples of plays to be had that changed the outcome of a Super Bowl BECAUSE of players. Not play-calling. Whether it's the James Harrison INT, Butler INT, Holmes toe tap, Reese helmet catch, Julian Edelman catch, Von Miller dominating, Mahomes on 3rd and 15 etc etc.

there's a human element to the game (massive part) they're not robots…anyone that refuses to even talk about that doesn't have any legit point in this silly debate imo.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Anyone won this argument yet?

😂
Kyle is the only person who can settle this debate. Win the SB. Silence your critics.

Thats basically the only way that we can stop it.

Common sense can easily settle this silly debate

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Montana:
Has more of a monkey on his back than Steve.

I'm not sure about that. Steve immediately followed the greatest QB in franchise history that had won 4 SB. Fans still expected the team to win more so the pressure was on Steve to deliver. Now 49er fans are hoping Kyle and Brock can deliver another SB win but they aren't the dominant team that they were back when Steve played. If Dallas hadn't risen up during his time the 49ers would have likely won at least 2 more SBs.

Or if they'd have simply kept Joe. 😢

Or kept Charles Haley and Deion.

That's the ticket!!!!

I never got this take. Haley was totally disruptive. He had to go. He just didn't need to go to Dallas. The defense was no. 1 in 95 without Deion. Letting Watters go and running with Derek Loville + piss poor drafting overall did us in more than the losses of Sanders and Haley.

Disagree. Haley was a key cog in the 49er defense. Seifert in another interview said publicly it was a mistake to let Haley go. Letting him go to Dallas was also a mistake that became a thorn in Seifert's side.

However, Seifert said the original "elephant" was a college player at Stanford who had similar size to Armstead. Brian Holloway stood 6 foot 7 and weighed approximately the same as Armstead's current 275 pounds.
"He eventually became an offensive lineman in the NFL," Seifert said of Holloway. "He was a big, talented athlete and we needed a pass-rusher. We created a fourth lineman and moved him around to rush at our advantage.
"When we got to the 49ers, we started doing the same thing with Fred Dean," Seifert said.
Then, Charles Haley became a dominant player in the same role.
"He kind of became the anchor point of the defense. He was a great pass rusher and we put him in an advantageous position. And our coverage, wherever he was, would revolve toward him."
Both Dean and Haley were inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/george-seiferts-influence-felt-in-49ers-new-defensive-scheme/1260513/
It's simple, super bowls are won on the margins. We blew it with the Lance trade. Using premium assets on the worst draft pick, possibly ever, made it to where we couldn't improve on those margins smack dab in the middle of a Super Bowl window.

A few guys here saw it happen and looking back, it was so obvious
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Bullrush42:
It's simple, super bowls are won on the margins. We blew it with the Lance trade. Using premium assets on the worst draft pick, possibly ever, made it to where we couldn't improve on those margins smack dab in the middle of a Super Bowl window.

ehh. everything had to happen the way it did for the team to be where it's at now. it was an odd way to end up with Purdy but changing or what if'n very likely changes that path. i'm super happy with where the team ended up after all of that.

Love this. Spot on.

Once again I'll ask this since you all keep missing it by some strange coincidence.

Which plays that you deem to be the wrong ones? Out of those plays which ones lost us the game in so called crunch time.

I keep seeing the "Kyle didn't call the right play or called the wrong play"…show us or just tell me what down/distance time it happened.

Surely you guys know this information since it's facts right?
Originally posted by Bullrush42:

You don't know who they get as a result. It sucks but all you can do is evaluate who was there.

We should've won this SB. Had the team not lost Greenlaw or Feliciano in the game they would have. Switch any of like 4 other plays and they win even without them.

Just wasn't something the team could overcome as a whole.
Share 49ersWebzone