LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 250 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Leathaface:
He's a great coach and knows how to win tons of games and I have no doubt he will win a SB...but he hasn't been able to get over the hump because he has consistently played the wrong cards in the most critical of critical situations. It may be insulting to some fans, but it's a fact. Again, I think he's a great coach and wouldn't want anyone else to run this team because I do believe he will eventually win at least one SB.

this is the only post needed in this thread.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
He's a great coach and knows how to win tons of games and I have no doubt he will win a SB...but he hasn't been able to get over the hump because he has consistently played the wrong cards in the most critical of critical situations. It may be insulting to some fans, but it's a fact. Again, I think he's a great coach and wouldn't want anyone else to run this team because I do believe he will eventually win at least one SB.

Careful now.. folks don't like hearing the truth in here. All his busted plays and strategies failed because the players did not execute. All the positive plays worked because he is a genius. Brock's success as an emerging elite qb is because Kyle made him great and so on…. how dare you say Kyle becomes less effective when it matters most? What proof do you have to back that up? By the way, you can't use all of his superbowl performances as evidence. Nope, folks don't want to hear that. And finally, you want him fired and think he is a terrible coach. I know you said otherwise but we are going to ignore that and demand you name his replacement. All hail the almighty Kyle! the Teflon genius who deserves no criticism.

What Leatha wrote is not being a hater and is a good post overall. There is a difference between his post and some of you fake fans / trolls who just type absolute garbage, like your post
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Jul 10, 2024 at 7:32 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Careful now.. folks don't like hearing the truth in here. All his busted plays and strategies failed because the players did not execute. All the positive plays worked because he is a genius. Brock's success as an emerging elite qb is because Kyle made him great and so on…. how dare you say Kyle becomes less effective when it matters most? What proof do you have to back that up? By the way, you can't use all of his superbowl performances as evidence. Nope, folks don't want to hear that. And finally, you want him fired and think he is a terrible coach. I know you said otherwise but we are going to ignore that and demand you name his replacement. All hail the almighty Kyle! the Teflon genius who deserves no criticism.

What Leatha wrote is not being a hater and is a good post overall. There is a difference between his post and some of you fake fans / trolls who just type absolute garbage, like your post

Who's got it better than us?!!!!
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Bullrush42:
It's simple, super bowls are won on the margins. We blew it with the Lance trade. Using premium assets on the worst draft pick, possibly ever, made it to where we couldn't improve on those margins smack dab in the middle of a Super Bowl window.

A few guys here saw it happen and looking back, it was so obvious

ehh. everything had to happen the way it did for the team to be where it's at now. it was an odd way to end up with Purdy but changing or what if'n very likely changes that path. i'm super happy with where the team ended up after all of that.

Imagine folks actually saying we didn't have enough talent on the field to win that game lol?

I'll never get mad at a team making a move to fix the most important position in sports.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Bullrush42:
It's simple, super bowls are won on the margins. We blew it with the Lance trade. Using premium assets on the worst draft pick, possibly ever, made it to where we couldn't improve on those margins smack dab in the middle of a Super Bowl window.

A few guys here saw it happen and looking back, it was so obvious

You don't know who they get as a result. It sucks but all you can do is evaluate who was there.

We should've won this SB. Had the team not lost Greenlaw or Feliciano in the game they would have. Switch any of like 4 other plays and they win even without them.

Just wasn't something the team could overcome as a whole.

That was the difference maker right there. A healthy Greenlaw or Feliciano makes those one or two plays that win the game for you in the super bowl.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Kyle just needs a bit of stability on that defensive coaching staff. He needs a Spagnuolo 2.0 to stay with him for at least 5+ years. If Demeco was still Kyle's DC, I think we win a🏆 in 2023. It's his defenses that typically lose the leads his offense has in the 4th Qtr.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Fake fans? Trolls? Absolute garbage? Your 0-3. Just like Kyle.

How can he be 0-3 when he wasn't the HC in ATL? You said yourself, it's the HC who takes the WHOLE blame. the HC also get's ALL the credit if they win
Originally posted by Giedi:
That was the difference maker right there. A healthy Greenlaw or Feliciano makes those one or two plays that win the game for you in the super bowl.

BUT that's Kyle's fault apparently lol. So was CMC fumbling and SF botching a punt return.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Kyle just needs a bit of stability on that defensive coaching staff. He needs a Spagnuolo 2.0 to stay with him for at least 5+ years. If Demeco was still Kyle's DC, I think we win a🏆 in 2023. It's his defenses that typically lose the leads his offense has in the 4th Qtr.

That's another thing Kyle gets zero credit for…there hasn't been a team top to bottom that's lost so many coaches and FO personnel than SF.

consistently replenishing all those spots. Yet the couple Kyle haters will cry about Wilks and not even bring up all the good coaches that have walked through that door because of our HC.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

How can he be 0-3 when he wasn't the HC in ATL? You said yourself, it's the HC who takes the WHOLE blame. the HC also get's ALL the credit if they win
Its rather simple. He coached in 3. Lost 3. You can't explain that away. 0-3.

Nah YOU said it's the HC's fault. Not the OC. not the DC. not the WR coach. Not the secondary coach…..

you can't make s**t up as you go to backup a dumb ass narrative. It's either ALL on the HC or it's not.

You've created some black and white stance and no one is allowed to bring in context. SO which is it? Is there context and nuance to be had in W/Ls or is it's ALL on the HC? You can't have it both ways.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 11, 2024 at 9:26 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Nah YOU said it's the HC's fault. Not the OC. not the DC. not the WR coach. Not the secondary coach…..

you can't make s**t up as you go to backup a dumb ass narrative. It's either ALL on the HC or it's not.

You've created some black and white stance and no one is allowed to bring in context. SO which is it? Is there context and nuance to be had in W/Ls or is it's ALL on the HC? You can't have it both ways.

f**kin people need to make up their minds or else I'm gonna start thinking Kyle f**ked their girlfriends in college.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

f**kin people need to make up their minds or else I'm gonna start thinking Kyle f**ked their girlfriends in college.

He's being an emotional fan, trying to use the laziest take to find blame on one thing.

He's all over the place with his supposed black and white stance, which I find comical. In one breath it's all on Kyle because he's the HC, but THEN he's also responsible for a Super Bowl loss because he was a coordinator lol. Dude couldn't make his bias towards Kyle more transparent 🫠

he's so dead set on Kyle being the problem. Dude can't even breakdown why he's the problem (schematically). Instead he deflects and says none of us will criticize him (even though we all have).

Like I said lazy nonsense takes that has been exposed multiple times by multiple posters ☕️ 🐸
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

He's being an emotional fan, trying to use the laziest take to find blame on one thing.

He's all over the place with his supposed black and white stance, which I find comical. In one breath it's all on Kyle because he's the HC, but THEN he's also responsible for a Super Bowl loss because he was a coordinator lol. Dude couldn't make his bias towards Kyle more transparent 🫠

he's so dead set on Kyle being the problem. Dude can't even breakdown why he's the problem (schematically). Instead he deflects and says none of us will criticize him (even though we all have).

Like I said lazy nonsense takes that has been exposed multiple times by multiple posters ☕️ 🐸

The takes and backpedal on some of these posters is hilarious at first, then annoying AF as it goes on.
Share 49ersWebzone