There are 142 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Kolohe:
The takes and backpedal on some of these posters is hilarious at first, then annoying AF as it goes on.

It's silly as s**t. I don't dislike the posters at all, their posts on this topic are so far off base that it's hard to not get annoyed over it.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Giedi:
That was the difference maker right there. A healthy Greenlaw or Feliciano makes those one or two plays that win the game for you in the super bowl.

BUT that's Kyle's fault apparently lol. So was CMC fumbling and SF botching a punt return.

Mahomes threw an INT at the worst of moments. Guess what ? His team overcame that mistake. Great coaches put you in positions to win. Kyle had ample opportunities to put that game away. What was it ? An 86% chance win rate on Sportstrakker at one point. Can't keep using player fault to excuse poor strategy. Especially when the opposite team makes mistakes then overcomes them.

But wait. Save your breath. Mahomes is the greatest thing like sliced bread. That's why KC won. Nothing to do with Kyle
Originally posted by DrEll:
Mahomes threw an INT at the worst of moments. Guess what ? His team overcame that mistake. Great coaches put you in positions to win. Kyle had ample opportunities to put that game away. What was it ? An 86% chance win rate on Sportstrakker at one point. Can't keep using player fault to excuse poor strategy. Especially when the opposite team makes mistakes then overcomes them.

But wait. Save your breath. Mahomes is the greatest thing like sliced bread. That's why KC won. Nothing to do with Kyle

What did Reid do to overcome that mistake? Please explain it in detail. What plays did he call? What personnel did he change up to make them "overcome" that?

what did Kyle do that didn't allow this team to have success? Explain it in detail and how it was solely his f**k up.

🤣 trying to deny that Mahomes is a generational talent that makes chicken salad out of chicken s**t because it affects your butt hurt stance on our HC…yeah I'm sure mahomes wouldn't have any success elsewhere. Clearly it was Reid and nothing else…never mind he wanted a different QB (Paxton Lynch) and was labeled the biggest "choker" in the league for over 20 years UNTIL mahomes showed up. Not a coincidence at all ☕️ 🐸
Originally posted by Giedi:
Kyle just needs a bit of stability on that defensive coaching staff. He needs a Spagnuolo 2.0 to stay with him for at least 5+ years. If Demeco was still Kyle's DC, I think we win a🏆 in 2023. It's his defenses that typically lose the leads his offense has in the 4th Qtr.

That's another thing Kyle gets zero credit for…there hasn't been a team top to bottom that's lost so many coaches and FO personnel than SF.

consistently replenishing all those spots. Yet the couple Kyle haters will cry about Wilks and not even bring up all the good coaches that have walked through that door because of our HC.

Honestly it's kind of crazy if you stop and think about it. We made it to the SB with Jimmy G as the QB. Look at him with the Raiders. I got no bad blood for Jimmy but it's crystal clear the man wasn't anything special. Maybe it was because of his ACL injury or maybe once he had to run the offense and teams got a better look at him the overall play dropped.

And yet you still have people acting like somehow the 49ers were the better team in that 2019 game with Jimmy being our QB and Patrick Mahomes having the weapons he had...

Yes this past season we had a great roster. We SHOULD have won it all. But in the end we lost two key players at spots that we couldn't afford to lose anyone in vs that opponent.

Just think about it...you lose one of the best LBers in the game vs a smart OC, the best QB in the game and the best receiving TE in the league. We all knew once Greenlaw went out the Chiefs would target the hell out of his backup.

Who can you ill afford to lose on the OL vs a blitz heavy and very smart DC with the best DT in the game these days? You guessed it...Feliciano was arguably our 2nd best OLman after Trent by the playoffs and Trent unfortunately chose the worst time to have his worst game while being healthy.

All that talent on offense can easily be shut down when your OL can't protect the QB. Same exact thing happened to Brady and the Pats in 2007.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by FanInFlorida:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Careful now.. folks don't like hearing the truth in here. All his busted plays and strategies failed because the players did not execute. All the positive plays worked because he is a genius. Brock's success as an emerging elite qb is because Kyle made him great and so on…. how dare you say Kyle becomes less effective when it matters most? What proof do you have to back that up? By the way, you can't use all of his superbowl performances as evidence. Nope, folks don't want to hear that. And finally, you want him fired and think he is a terrible coach. I know you said otherwise but we are going to ignore that and demand you name his replacement. All hail the almighty Kyle! the Teflon genius who deserves no criticism.

Love this. Spot on.

Once again I'll ask this since you all keep missing it by some strange coincidence.

Which plays that you deem to be the wrong ones? Out of those plays which ones lost us the game in so called crunch time.

I keep seeing the "Kyle didn't call the right play or called the wrong play"…show us or just tell me what down/distance time it happened.

Surely you guys know this information since it's facts right?

Anyone? Anyone?
Honestly it's kind of crazy if you stop and think about it. We made it to the SB with Jimmy G as the QB. Look at him with the Raiders. I got no bad blood for Jimmy but it's crystal clear the man wasn't anything special. Maybe it was because of his ACL injury or maybe once he had to run the offense and teams got a better look at him the overall play dropped.

And yet you still have people acting like somehow the 49ers were the better team in that 2019 game with Jimmy being our QB and Patrick Mahomes having the weapons he had...

Yes this past season we had a great roster. We SHOULD have won it all. But in the end we lost two key players at spots that we couldn't afford to lose anyone in vs that opponent.

Just think about it...you lose one of the best LBers in the game vs a smart OC, the best QB in the game and the best receiving TE in the league. We all knew once Greenlaw went out the Chiefs would target the hell out of his backup.

Who can you ill afford to lose on the OL vs a blitz heavy and very smart DC with the best DT in the game these days? You guessed it...Feliciano was arguably our 2nd best OLman after Trent by the playoffs and Trent unfortunately chose the worst time to have his worst game while being healthy.

All that talent on offense can easily be shut down when your OL can't protect the QB. Same exact thing happened to Brady and the Pats in 2007.

Yeah man it was f**king heartbreaking. Totally get people being upset and emotional about it. I understand why folks want to blame one person…we're all saying take a step back and look at everything that happened. Apply context instead of being thick headed about it.

I think we will have an even more motivated team this yr. Guys who need to step up are gonna have to, in the biggest moments….And yes Kyle needs to look in the mirror and think about what he can approve upon as well.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 11, 2024 at 1:37 PM ]
Thank jebus kyle is our hc, we'd be a lost franchise without him. He will get his ring soon and Purdy will be his qb for years.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Thank jebus kyle is our hc, we'd be a lost franchise without him. He will get his ring soon and Purdy will be his qb for years.

Doubt it, but I hope you're right.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Doubt it, but I hope you're right.

don't care
Pages and pages of posts going on and on about gibberish. It's worse than the Biden/Trump debate.

Yeah man it was f**king heartbreaking. Totally get people being upset and emotional about it. I understand why folks want to blame one person…we're all saying take a step back and look at everything that happened. Apply context instead of being thick headed about it.

I think we will have an even more motivated team this yr. Guys who need to step up are gonna have to, in the biggest moments….And yes Kyle needs to look in the mirror and think about what he can approve upon as well.

Overall though it's some of your guys fault this discussion keeps going on. Stop feeding these trolls. Ignore them. Or do I what I do, add a clown emoji or an lol and move on. It's not worth giving some of these "grown men" their daily dose attention here because they don't get it elsewhere.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Overall though it's some of your guys fault this discussion keeps going on. Stop feeding these trolls. Ignore them. Or do I what I do, add a clown emoji or an lol and move on. It's not worth giving some of these "grown men" their daily dose attention here because they don't get it elsewhere.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Pages and pages of posts going on and on about gibberish. It's worse than the Biden/Trump debate.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kyle-shanahan-is-0-3-in-super-bowls-a-record-no-coach-has-overcome-to-win-a-ring
Brock will end it by wining despite the bad coaching. great players overcome marginal coaches.
Share 49ersWebzone