There are 228 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
All true, you hit on all points. And I hate to see it so but I agree Brock Purdy f**ked up. It happens, I just wish it didn't happen in the Super Bowl. Which we all can agree on. Bosa also f**ked up like you pointed out, but a lot of DE's tend to do that, react before your eyes actually see the play. Try blaming that on Kyle too, that would fall in line with Dan Quinn not getting any blame for that Super Bowl loss.

Brock is gonna be a real good QB if he improves in a couple spots. He's still a pup.

kyle isn't bulletproof. He can be criticized, blaming it all on any HC is so incredibly stupid.

also toss some respect on Spags. 4x SB winning DC. Bro took down one of the best offenses in the history of the league. He's proven to be one of the best DC's of our generation….and folks can pretend mahomes isn't special, they're only fooling themselves.

Definitely agree 💯% with you that Kyle isn't a finished product. The NFL is constantly changing, and the coaches have to adapt and change. I think he's done a good job of that, and also he's had a great foundation with the WCO being the basis of his system, with (of course) adding his own tweaks (heavy run game component).

So the passing game usually starts with pass protection. I think Kyle has done the minimums to do that, and I don't mind that. (Puni and Kingston) Your point about getting a good X (or split end) is on point. Kyle does need that Jerry Rice split end WR that can dominate all 4 downs. I don't think Kyle has that yet. He *might* with Aiyuk. Both Deebo/Jauan are more of a Wing Back or Slot Back WR's because their skills are more operable around the line of scrimmage/short yardage situations. Pearsall/Cowing *might* be that X/Split End guy because they have (hopefully) the speed and the route running needed to break man and defeat zone. We'll see how Kyle's offense changes this year as Purdy continues to gain mastery of this offense.
My one thing with Kyle that I think MAY help him close out some of these games(irony is this wouldn't apply to this last loss)

Is if the team has the lead late in the 4th, just go with the run no matter how it looks scheme wise.

I say may because obviously nothing is guaranteed. We've seen some super reliable runners fumble and when the defense has more guys in the box vs a team that's not built for the power run game you're at a schematic disadvantage. So it could definitely backfire and we've seen teams lose games by getting too conservative and trying to milk the clock unsuccessfully.

But I do think in those scenarios it may be better for him to shut his brain down somewhat and just hope our guys can get the job done.

I do think though that once again he's identified what he believes was a key reason they lost and is looking to adjust. Additions of Pearsall and Cowing I believe are that. As is Puni's selection. It may lead us to a better passing team without the theatrics behind it.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by genus49:
Honestly it's kind of crazy if you stop and think about it. We made it to the SB with Jimmy G as the QB. Look at him with the Raiders. I got no bad blood for Jimmy but it's crystal clear the man wasn't anything special. Maybe it was because of his ACL injury or maybe once he had to run the offense and teams got a better look at him the overall play dropped.

And yet you still have people acting like somehow the 49ers were the better team in that 2019 game with Jimmy being our QB and Patrick Mahomes having the weapons he had...

Yes this past season we had a great roster. We SHOULD have won it all. But in the end we lost two key players at spots that we couldn't afford to lose anyone in vs that opponent.

Just think about it...you lose one of the best LBers in the game vs a smart OC, the best QB in the game and the best receiving TE in the league. We all knew once Greenlaw went out the Chiefs would target the hell out of his backup.

Who can you ill afford to lose on the OL vs a blitz heavy and very smart DC with the best DT in the game these days? You guessed it...Feliciano was arguably our 2nd best OLman after Trent by the playoffs and Trent unfortunately chose the worst time to have his worst game while being healthy.

All that talent on offense can easily be shut down when your OL can't protect the QB. Same exact thing happened to Brady and the Pats in 2007.

Yeah man it was f**king heartbreaking. Totally get people being upset and emotional about it. I understand why folks want to blame one person…we're all saying take a step back and look at everything that happened. Apply context instead of being thick headed about it.

I think we will have an even more motivated team this yr. Guys who need to step up are gonna have to, in the biggest moments….And yes Kyle needs to look in the mirror and think about what he can approve upon as well.

Overall though it's some of your guys fault this discussion keeps going on. Stop feeding these trolls. Ignore them. Or do I what I do, add a clown emoji or an lol and move on. It's not worth giving some of these "grown men" their daily dose attention here because they don't get it elsewhere.

Dude, seriously you Kyle guys are a joke. Facts are he can't win the big game. You argue otherwise but the facts don't back your play. Not even remotely. 0-3. Proven superbowl loser. It's ok though we wiill win despite him. I love this team. Been a fan longer than most of you have been alive. I know a winner when I see one. Kyle ain't it. Elite team needs an elite coach not a guy who comes up short year in and year out. I have seen every excuse for his record. Look at the situation with open eyes. Kyle teams suffer from injuries to key players. Why? No qb has played injury free for more than one year under Kyle. Why? Lance, dips**t jimmy and Brock all got hutt. How about the fact that we were lucky to even be in the Super Bowl last year. Packers and lions were about to beat us. Where was your genius in those games? He may be a good coach but he is not good enough for me. Love the team but can't stand the coach. I have every right to voice my feelings given his record. Post all the clowns u want. It doesn't change the facts. Choker. 0-3. Kc's b***h, lacks killer instincts, and game plans qb's to the IR.

You gonna cry?

What's hilarious is you went on that tear filled rant and at the end showed us once again why you're a hypocrite who doesn't even understand his own argument.

"He should've just ran the ball!!!"

"lacks killer instinct"

I don't believe for a second you're old enough to have been a fan long enough, no way a grown man is this incapable of building a rational point to stand behind.

Don't really care what you believe. It's my opinion. We simply don't see it the same way. I have facts that support my take. You have speculation and excuses. I am not a fan of the HC. You don't have to agree with me. I don't have to agree with you. I don't make it personal like you do though. It's all good. I am the crazy one for criticizing a coach who had a hand in blowing 3 superbowls.
[ Edited by Bringbackedjr on Jul 13, 2024 at 10:13 AM ]
Don't really care what you believe. It's my opinion. We simply don't see it the same way. I have facts that support my take. You have speculation and excuses. I am not a fan of the HC. You don't have to agree with me. I don't have to agree with you. I don't make it personal like you do though. It's all good. I am the crazy one for criticizing a coach who had a hand in blowing 3 superbowls.

lol and when someone else comes at you with real facts you disregard them. You don't get to play the victim card bud.

clearly you're not a fan of the HC, you're takes ooze with bias nonsense. Why would anything you say on this topic be taken seriously? You can't even use your own debate as to why he sucks correctly. There's no objectivity from you.

he's a bad HC because he has created one of the best rosters in football and is consistently going to the playoffs and then some. derp.

Emotional lazy takes. Not our fault you can't have a conversation with context because of your butt hurt feelings over a HC.

lol and when someone else comes at you with real facts you disregard them. You don't get to play the victim card bud.

clearly you're not a fan of the HC, you're takes ooze with bias nonsense. Why would anything you say on this topic be taken seriously? You can't even use your own debate as to why he sucks correctly. There's no objectivity from you.

he's a bad HC because he has created one of the best rosters in football and is consistently going to the playoffs and then some. derp.

Emotional lazy takes. Not our fault you can't have a conversation with context because of your butt hurt feelings over a HC.

You have to be a complete idiot to think Kyle is a bad HC. You can disagree if he's great or not, that's fine. But calling him bad? Lmao. I've never heard this take anywhere else outside of a couple 🤡 on this forum.

Real facts. Ok. 0-3. Chew on that fact.
You have to be a complete idiot to think Kyle is a bad HC. You can disagree if he's great or not, that's fine. But calling him bad? Lmao. I've never heard this take anywhere else outside of a couple 🤡 on this forum.

Fuxking dumb. We can all disagree on how great or not he is, whatever there. I think he's one of the best coaches in the league currently and most normal objective folks would agree.

He's taken a team that's mostly been s**t for 30 years and made them the poster child of what you want your organization to look like. Teams across the league are stealing all our coaches, scheme and FO personnel for a reason. Players talk about how great it is playing here for him.

Oh boo-hoo what a horrible thing…cry me a river we didn't win it all yet.

If people could stop being so ignorant and ridiculous for a min, they'd understand how much goes into a win and loss. Those folks refuse to even discuss it because it's either too hard for them to understand or it destroys their weird narrative about Kyle. No one is saying the guy isn't without flaws. No coach is.

it's typical SM stuff, folks would rather be rooted in their s**t take than admit they're wrong or just don't get it…god forbid they learn something from someone else
Real facts. Ok. 0-3. Chew on that fact.

Bill Belichick has a losing record without Brady. You couldn't even name 5 HCs in the league currently that are better than Kyle.

Again you said the HC has complete blame for loses…yet you keep tossing in the ATL game. Can't have it both ways.

It's funny you will never breakdown any of those games because you can't. You have zero understanding of football and you know it totally diminishes your nonsense. Lazy ass s**t take

You have to be a complete idiot to think Kyle is a bad HC. You can disagree if he's great or not, that's fine. But calling him bad? Lmao. I've never heard this take anywhere else outside of a couple ???? on this forum.

Its also not my fault that you don't know how to read. I said I don't care for the coach. I did not say he was a bad coach. Just a choker who coached himself out of three superbowls. Again, you don't have to agree with me but you also don't need to make it personal. I can do that as well if you want. It might be worth the suspension from the mods. Your not going to bully people into agreeing with you. Kyle is 0-3 and the owner of one of the worst coaching decision in franchise history. You don't like those facts do you?

Its also not my fault that you don't know how to read. I said I don't care for the coach. I did not say he was a bad coach. Just a choker who coached himself out of three superbowls. Again, you don't have to agree with me but you also don't need to make it personal. I can do that as well if you want. It might be worth the suspension from the mods. Your not going to bully people into agreeing with you. Kyle is 0-3 and the owner of one of the worst coaching decision in franchise history. You don't like those facts do you?

What was one of the worst coaching decisions in franchise history?

Oh I can do this… actually it was saleh and Wilks that coached us out of the past two Super Bowls.

love how people take their perceived "facts" and say those are the ONLY truths.

here's a couple "facts" Bill Belichick has a losing record without Brady, Therefore he's actually not a good HC without the GOAT who he booted out of town. Belichick lost to Doug Peterson and Tom Coughlin, therefore they are better coaches than him. Fact, Reid hasn't won s**t without mahomes. Therefore he isn't actually a good coach without being handed a generational QB that he didn't even want originally.

Fact, Tomlin hasn't won a SB in over 15 yrs and hasn't sniffed anything meaningful without a QB he wasn't even part of drafting.

these are facts therefore they're not debatable, require zero context and I'm right. See I can do it just like you.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 13, 2024 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
What was one of the worst coaching decisions in franchise history?

Don't expect any deep dive conversation there lolz. It will be a simple he didn't run it when should have or he didn't pass it when he should have blah blah blah.
Don't expect any deep dive conversation there lolz. It will be a simple he didn't run it when should have or he didn't pass it when he should have blah blah blah.

I don't expect much from anyone who doesn't know the difference between opinion and fact. I just haven't been following the conversation and wanted to see what call in his opinion was so bad.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I don't expect much from anyone who doesn't know the difference between opinion and fact. I just haven't been following the conversation and wanted to see what call in his opinion was so bad.

He calls his stance facts…even "facts" without context are crap imo. Especially when he's already said he doesn't like Kyle. No objectivity.

that's pretty much the whole debate. No one is saying Kyle is above criticism. but there's plenty of context/nuance to be had and he refuses to do that.
Share 49ersWebzone