There are 177 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Haters suck.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Jul 14, 2024 at 8:11 AM ]
Kyle better tighten up, 0-2 is a bad look around here.

First to 5, actually 5-0. Harbaugh loss his SB and the sky was falling, can you imagine if Harbaugh had loss two super bowls???

I do notice a trend from the PR department though, Jimmy G best ever until he's not here??? I just have to keep telling myself "this isn't real, it's just a message board", PR departments live on message boards so it makes sense. World of spin.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

First to 5, actually 5-0. Harbaugh loss his SB and the sky was falling, can you imagine if Harbaugh had loss two super bowls???

I do notice a trend from the PR department though, Jimmy G best ever until he's not here??? I just have to keep telling myself "this isn't real, it's just a message board", PR departments live on message boards so it makes sense. World of spin.

You're exaggerating. Some people believed he could be a great QB after his start here, and then later some argued he was a top 10 (or maybe top 5 in outlier cases) QB based on some statistics and win percentage.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Don't really care what you believe. It's my opinion. We simply don't see it the same way. I have facts that support my take. You have speculation and excuses. I am not a fan of the HC. You don't have to agree with me. I don't have to agree with you. I don't make it personal like you do though. It's all good. I am the crazy one for criticizing a coach who had a hand in blowing 3 superbowls.

lol and when someone else comes at you with real facts you disregard them. You don't get to play the victim card bud.

clearly you're not a fan of the HC, you're takes ooze with bias nonsense. Why would anything you say on this topic be taken seriously? You can't even use your own debate as to why he sucks correctly. There's no objectivity from you.

he's a bad HC because he has created one of the best rosters in football and is consistently going to the playoffs and then some. derp.

Emotional lazy takes. Not our fault you can't have a conversation with context because of your butt hurt feelings over a HC.

Real facts. Ok. 0-3. Chew on that fact.

Dumbest thing in the world is posting out of context records in the NFL. You don't want to deal with facts that go into the intricacies of the game. That's why you ignored my question time and time again in this thread.

Give me just one play that in your opinion was pivotal to the 49ers losing the game that schematically was bad and had no answers for the players on that down.

Just one play.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Honestly it's kind of crazy if you stop and think about it. We made it to the SB with Jimmy G as the QB. Look at him with the Raiders. I got no bad blood for Jimmy but it's crystal clear the man wasn't anything special. Maybe it was because of his ACL injury or maybe once he had to run the offense and teams got a better look at him the overall play dropped.

And yet you still have people acting like somehow the 49ers were the better team in that 2019 game with Jimmy being our QB and Patrick Mahomes having the weapons he had...

Yes this past season we had a great roster. We SHOULD have won it all. But in the end we lost two key players at spots that we couldn't afford to lose anyone in vs that opponent.

Just think about it...you lose one of the best LBers in the game vs a smart OC, the best QB in the game and the best receiving TE in the league. We all knew once Greenlaw went out the Chiefs would target the hell out of his backup.

Who can you ill afford to lose on the OL vs a blitz heavy and very smart DC with the best DT in the game these days? You guessed it...Feliciano was arguably our 2nd best OLman after Trent by the playoffs and Trent unfortunately chose the worst time to have his worst game while being healthy.

All that talent on offense can easily be shut down when your OL can't protect the QB. Same exact thing happened to Brady and the Pats in 2007.

Yeah man it was f**king heartbreaking. Totally get people being upset and emotional about it. I understand why folks want to blame one person…we're all saying take a step back and look at everything that happened. Apply context instead of being thick headed about it.

I think we will have an even more motivated team this yr. Guys who need to step up are gonna have to, in the biggest moments….And yes Kyle needs to look in the mirror and think about what he can approve upon as well.

Overall though it's some of your guys fault this discussion keeps going on. Stop feeding these trolls. Ignore them. Or do I what I do, add a clown emoji or an lol and move on. It's not worth giving some of these "grown men" their daily dose attention here because they don't get it elsewhere.

Dude, seriously you Kyle guys are a joke. Facts are he can't win the big game. You argue otherwise but the facts don't back your play. Not even remotely. 0-3. Proven superbowl loser. It's ok though we wiill win despite him. I love this team. Been a fan longer than most of you have been alive. I know a winner when I see one. Kyle ain't it. Elite team needs an elite coach not a guy who comes up short year in and year out. I have seen every excuse for his record. Look at the situation with open eyes. Kyle teams suffer from injuries to key players. Why? No qb has played injury free for more than one year under Kyle. Why? Lance, dips**t jimmy and Brock all got hutt. How about the fact that we were lucky to even be in the Super Bowl last year. Packers and lions were about to beat us. Where was your genius in those games? He may be a good coach but he is not good enough for me. Love the team but can't stand the coach. I have every right to voice my feelings given his record. Post all the clowns u want. It doesn't change the facts. Choker. 0-3. Kc's b***h, lacks killer instincts, and game plans qb's to the IR.

You gonna cry?

What's hilarious is you went on that tear filled rant and at the end showed us once again why you're a hypocrite who doesn't even understand his own argument.

"He should've just ran the ball!!!"

"lacks killer instinct"

I don't believe for a second you're old enough to have been a fan long enough, no way a grown man is this incapable of building a rational point to stand behind.

Don't really care what you believe. It's my opinion. We simply don't see it the same way. I have facts that support my take. You have speculation and excuses. I am not a fan of the HC. You don't have to agree with me. I don't have to agree with you. I don't make it personal like you do though. It's all good. I am the crazy one for criticizing a coach who had a hand in blowing 3 superbowls.

You clearly have no idea what facts vs speculation are.

Saying because Shanahan called the plays he did and not others lost us the game is speculation. You have no idea what different plays result in.

Saying players didn't execute key plays that were called and had answers for what KC doing lost us the game is factual. We saw the plays, we saw the offense execute vs the defense KC played. We can analyze actual film on those plays and say player is execution on key plays was the issue and not the playcall(feel free to answer my question above if you believe you have an example disputing that fact)

You have not facts save a TEAM record and all you have is a silly analysis like "Shanahan is the common denominator"

Know what else is a common denominator? Two of the greatest QBs to ever play this game and brilliant coaching staffs supporting both QBs on offense and defense.

What are you talking about? I haven't seen anything from the 49ers bashing Jimmy.

Also best ever? I don't think even his biggest fans claimed that.

I'm not going to take the Harbaugh bait. That's a trigger word for me.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Those stats point out to me how aggressive Kyle is with wanting to have those big plays. He'll sacrifice plays to get those big chunk plays vs stringing along a lot of little plays and winning via patience and execution. Nothing wrong with that, Don Coryell and Al Davis were proponents of those kinds of big play offenses. Kyle's offenses are still ball control *but with* a big play component to the ball control - so it's not entirely an all or nothing offense.

It's his defense that chaps my hide. The wide 9 is a bad defense to play against the run, and while I can see the wide 9 advantages against the pass happy NFL, you need an all around elite DLine to really make it work. Kinlaw, Chase, Drakeford and Gregory were simply not up to snuff. To put them in a bad scheme along with inadequate talent still really makes me peeved.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Those stats point out to me how aggressive Kyle is with wanting to have those big plays. He'll sacrifice plays to get those big chunk plays vs stringing along a lot of little plays and winning via patience and execution. Nothing wrong with that, Don Coryell and Al Davis were proponents of those kinds of big play offenses. Kyle's offenses are still ball control *but with* a big play component to the ball control - so it's not entirely an all or nothing offense.

It's his defense that chaps my hide. The wide 9 is a bad defense to play against the run, and while I can see the wide 9 advantages against the pass happy NFL, you need an all around elite DLine to really make it work. Kinlaw, Chase, Drakeford and Gregory were simply not up to snuff. To put them in a bad scheme along with inadequate talent still really makes me peeved.

I think the run issues weren't scheme related. Wide 9 isn't as strong vs the run but it's a passing league these days. If the offense does their job it will put more pressure on the other teams where they'll be forced to pass more.

Also with Fred and Dre able to cover a lot of ground we're able to close the holes in the wide 9 and still keep guys from gashing us in the run. The DT play will be interesting. Once AA got hurt we took a big step back and obviously Dre won't be back early in the season.

We'll need the guys to step up and hold it down.
Honestly it's kind of crazy if you stop and think about it. We made it to the SB with Jimmy G as the QB. Look at him with the Raiders. I got no bad blood for Jimmy but it's crystal clear the man wasn't anything special. Maybe it was because of his ACL injury or maybe once he had to run the offense and teams got a better look at him the overall play dropped.

And yet you still have people acting like somehow the 49ers were the better team in that 2019 game with Jimmy being our QB and Patrick Mahomes having the weapons he had...

Yes this past season we had a great roster. We SHOULD have won it all. But in the end we lost two key players at spots that we couldn't afford to lose anyone in vs that opponent.

Just think about it...you lose one of the best LBers in the game vs a smart OC, the best QB in the game and the best receiving TE in the league. We all knew once Greenlaw went out the Chiefs would target the hell out of his backup.

Who can you ill afford to lose on the OL vs a blitz heavy and very smart DC with the best DT in the game these days? You guessed it...Feliciano was arguably our 2nd best OLman after Trent by the playoffs and Trent unfortunately chose the worst time to have his worst game while being healthy.

All that talent on offense can easily be shut down when your OL can't protect the QB. Same exact thing happened to Brady and the Pats in 2007.

Yeah man it was f**king heartbreaking. Totally get people being upset and emotional about it. I understand why folks want to blame one person…we're all saying take a step back and look at everything that happened. Apply context instead of being thick headed about it.

I think we will have an even more motivated team this yr. Guys who need to step up are gonna have to, in the biggest moments….And yes Kyle needs to look in the mirror and think about what he can approve upon as well.

Overall though it's some of your guys fault this discussion keeps going on. Stop feeding these trolls. Ignore them. Or do I what I do, add a clown emoji or an lol and move on. It's not worth giving some of these "grown men" their daily dose attention here because they don't get it elsewhere.

Dude, seriously you Kyle guys are a joke. Facts are he can't win the big game. You argue otherwise but the facts don't back your play. Not even remotely. 0-3. Proven superbowl loser. It's ok though we wiill win despite him. I love this team. Been a fan longer than most of you have been alive. I know a winner when I see one. Kyle ain't it. Elite team needs an elite coach not a guy who comes up short year in and year out. I have seen every excuse for his record. Look at the situation with open eyes. Kyle teams suffer from injuries to key players. Why? No qb has played injury free for more than one year under Kyle. Why? Lance, dips**t jimmy and Brock all got hutt. How about the fact that we were lucky to even be in the Super Bowl last year. Packers and lions were about to beat us. Where was your genius in those games? He may be a good coach but he is not good enough for me. Love the team but can't stand the coach. I have every right to voice my feelings given his record. Post all the clowns u want. It doesn't change the facts. Choker. 0-3. Kc's b***h, lacks killer instincts, and game plans qb's to the IR.

You gonna cry?

What's hilarious is you went on that tear filled rant and at the end showed us once again why you're a hypocrite who doesn't even understand his own argument.

"lacks killer instinct"

I don't believe for a second you're old enough to have been a fan long enough, no way a grown man is this incapable of building a rational point to stand behind.

Saying because Shanahan called the plays he did and not others lost us the game is speculation. You have no idea what different plays result in.

Saying players didn't execute key plays that were called and had answers for what KC doing lost us the game is factual. We saw the plays, we saw the offense execute vs the defense KC played. We can analyze actual film on those plays and say player is execution on key plays was the issue and not the playcall(feel free to answer my question above if you believe you have an example disputing that fact)

You have not facts save a TEAM record and all you have is a silly analysis like "Shanahan is the common denominator"

Know what else is a common denominator? Two of the greatest QBs to ever play this game and brilliant coaching staffs supporting both QBs on offense and defense.

We will never agree on this issue. No need to continue the back and forth. We both love the team. We both want to win another superbowl. As far as we are apart on this issue we are on the same side. Cant wait for the season to start! Watching Receiver on Netflix. Got me all fired up for the season.

You gonna cry?

"lacks killer instinct"

We will never agree on this issue. No need to continue the back and forth. We both love the team. We both want to win another superbowl. As far as we are apart on this issue we are on the same side. Cant wait for the season to start! Watching Receiver on Netflix. Got me all fired up for the season.
maybe you can learn some 49er facts from that show, so you don't look foolish here

Well, then, I guess there's only one thing left to do.
Kyle Shanny, The Non Super Bowl winning coach.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Well, then, I guess there's only one thing left to do.

Laugh at the absurdity of the zone?

Huh?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

You gonna cry?

"lacks killer instinct"

maybe you can learn some 49er facts from that show, so you don't look foolish
Thank you. I already had the facts. Others may benefit from your advice though. By the way, how do you judge foolishness? Is it on a scale system, 1 being least foolish and 10 being the HC that did know the overtime rules and decided to take the ball? Wait, that can't be… Kyle is always right …even when he isn't.
Share 49ersWebzone