LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 134 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Yet another 49ers season is officially upon us

YYeah it's been very depressing watching this team make deep playoff runs every year and win the division. I think you just have a drinking problem lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
Originally posted by genus49:
I agree with you. I rewatched the SB and KC was getting frustrated and 2 things really changed the game. #1 was Greenlaw getting injured & #2 was the muffed punt. The fumbles by them and us were a wash. KC was struggling to do anything and the turnover on the punt recovery and quick 1 play TD gave them life. Just goes to show that the coaches can only do so much and lucky plays can turn a game around. It sucks that they lost but KC did not dominate the game. Remember the SB against The Bengals when Joe hit Taylor with 34 seconds remaining? The play before, Joe threw an easy Int that the guy dropped. Luck can be a big part of winning or losing. As I say, Ca Ca occurs 3rd times a charm……… right???? LOL Stop KC's 3 peat this season and I will be a happy camper

I know it didn't end up hurting us in the end because of the fumble recovery prompting Kelce to go all berserk on Andy but thing is they shouldn't have even been in that spot. Gipson lost track of the ball Mahomes threw up there. Should've been a pick right there.

But that's just another mistake the 49ers made in a game filled with them. Chiefs made a bunch of their own but a lot of theirs they got away with.

The punt fumble to me was the biggest issue as well. The momentum we had was gutted and it totally changed the game. Plus the crazy part on the play was we had 2 mistakes on the same damn play - the ball hitting Luter's leg, brutal luck but also poor communication and then who I blame the most: McCloud for not just falling on the f**king thing and per his own words "trying to
make a play"

This is where I get upset for people blaming coaches cuz I guarantee every coach tells McCloud and the other returners FALL ON THE BALL. DONT TRY TO PICK IT UP!!!

But these are all grown men in the moment. They all want to be the SB hero. McCloud wasn't even regretful after the game. Total jerk move. 0 reason to make a play in that moment. You got another big stop. Priority 1 is secure the possession!!!

I could at least understand if we were down in the game. Like I have less of an issue with Kyle Williams' fumbles cuz at least he was trying to make a play since our offense was stagnant as hell in that 2011 NFCCG. We needed a spark. In this SB we just needed possession of the damn ball.

He's at the top of my blame list for that game…tho we still had chances to win it so he's not the only one on the list…and yes Kyle is on the list as well but lower than some want to put him.

All the above

For the most part I agree with you guys but in my opinion, the most scathing part of the game was the 3 and negative after the Ji'Ayir Brown INT to start the second half. We had an opportunity there to make it a 17-3 game. Ball on the +45 and not even 10 yards at least puts us in Moody range. I'm not saying KS is to blame completely but the play calling during that key series was questionable.

BOTTOM LINE - Shanny just does not have it as a HC... he can't game plan, he may have a good O-MIND, but that's not enough.

Eventually, every AFC teams will want to play us in the Super Bowl regardless of what talent we have.. they'll just allow Shanny to lose his way out of the game..

AFC teams will continue to go public and say how scary and great our team is, but bottom line, they'll want to face us because we got a HC who tries to win w/his offensive play calling instead of game planning.

3 straight NFCCG's is pretty good for a choker HC. Teams are right to fear the 49ers. Its just a matter of time before Kyle/Brock tandem wins a Superbowl. It takes time for Kyle to transition the offense from an immobile QB/raw inexperienced QB to an accurate and mentally superior QB in Brock.

OLine has gotten bigger(Burfordvs Puni), and the WR's have become more agile and quick, vs hybrid option like RB/WR types (example: Deebo vs Aiyuk/Pearsall)
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by genus49:
I agree with you. I rewatched the SB and KC was getting frustrated and 2 things really changed the game. #1 was Greenlaw getting injured & #2 was the muffed punt. The fumbles by them and us were a wash. KC was struggling to do anything and the turnover on the punt recovery and quick 1 play TD gave them life. Just goes to show that the coaches can only do so much and lucky plays can turn a game around. It sucks that they lost but KC did not dominate the game. Remember the SB against The Bengals when Joe hit Taylor with 34 seconds remaining? The play before, Joe threw an easy Int that the guy dropped. Luck can be a big part of winning or losing. As I say, Ca Ca occurs 3rd times a charm……… right???? LOL Stop KC's 3 peat this season and I will be a happy camper

I know it didn't end up hurting us in the end because of the fumble recovery prompting Kelce to go all berserk on Andy but thing is they shouldn't have even been in that spot. Gipson lost track of the ball Mahomes threw up there. Should've been a pick right there.

But that's just another mistake the 49ers made in a game filled with them. Chiefs made a bunch of their own but a lot of theirs they got away with.

The punt fumble to me was the biggest issue as well. The momentum we had was gutted and it totally changed the game. Plus the crazy part on the play was we had 2 mistakes on the same damn play - the ball hitting Luter's leg, brutal luck but also poor communication and then who I blame the most: McCloud for not just falling on the f**king thing and per his own words "trying to
make a play"

This is where I get upset for people blaming coaches cuz I guarantee every coach tells McCloud and the other returners FALL ON THE BALL. DONT TRY TO PICK IT UP!!!

But these are all grown men in the moment. They all want to be the SB hero. McCloud wasn't even regretful after the game. Total jerk move. 0 reason to make a play in that moment. You got another big stop. Priority 1 is secure the possession!!!

I could at least understand if we were down in the game. Like I have less of an issue with Kyle Williams' fumbles cuz at least he was trying to make a play since our offense was stagnant as hell in that 2011 NFCCG. We needed a spark. In this SB we just needed possession of the damn ball.

He's at the top of my blame list for that game…tho we still had chances to win it so he's not the only one on the list…and yes Kyle is on the list as well but lower than some want to put him.

All the above

For the most part I agree with you guys but in my opinion, the most scathing part of the game was the 3 and negative after the Ji'Ayir Brown INT to start the second half. We had an opportunity there to make it a 17-3 game. Ball on the +45 and not even 10 yards at least puts us in Moody range. I'm not saying KS is to blame completely but the play calling during that key series was questionable.

BOTTOM LINE - Shanny just does not have it as a HC... he can't game plan, he may have a good O-MIND, but that's not enough.

Eventually, every AFC teams will want to play us in the Super Bowl regardless of what talent we have.. they'll just allow Shanny to lose his way out of the game..

AFC teams will continue to go public and say how scary and great our team is, but bottom line, they'll want to face us because we got a HC who tries to win w/his offensive play calling instead of game planning.

3 straight NFCCG's is pretty good for a choker HC. Teams are right to fear the 49ers. Its just a matter of time before Kyle/Brock tandem wins a Superbowl. It takes time for Kyle to transition the offense from an immobile QB/raw inexperienced QB to an accurate and mentally superior QB in Brock.

OLine has gotten bigger(Burfordvs Puni), and the WR's have become more agile and quick, vs hybrid option like RB/WR types (example: Deebo vs Aiyuk/Pearsall)

While I love you optimism the odds are he missed his shot. Imo If we win anything it'll be because of Purdy.
f**k this guy. Dude couldn't handle being the villain and shaved off his mustache to "not be a distraction". b***h move Kyle b***h move
Thought is was pretty funny when he s**t on Grant during the presser
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Thought is was pretty funny when he s**t on Grant during the presser

I like Kyle's sass lol
Also, he shaved:(. Lol
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
f**k this guy. Dude couldn't handle being the villain and shaved off his mustache to "not be a distraction". b***h move Kyle b***h move

Wait b***h move? Lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
While I love you optimism the odds are he missed his shot. Imo If we win anything it'll be because of Purdy.
lol, All coaches win because of their QB
Well at least with Kyle I get a lot more months of potentially being angry. Before I would forget about Football about 8 weeks in.

• Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Yet another 49ers season is officially upon us

YYeah it's been very depressing watching this team make deep playoff runs every year and win the division. I think you just have a drinking problem lol

Nothing is better for Gore's depression than watching the team hoist a George Halas trophy.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
lol, All coaches win because of their QB

This
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 23, 2024 at 3:58 PM ]

Respect Shanny for shooting his shot. Smart man.

what could've been.
We are ALL in this year.

This is the year, there are absolutely no excuses.
Share 49ersWebzone