49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Bill loves football but at this stage in his life he loves 24 year olds more

Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by 9moon:
WHAT separate the REAL great HCs from the Media Proclaimed Great Coaches is the ability to Game Plan. Look at how Bill Walsh attacked Dan Marino and his defense in the Super Bowl?

Look at how Bill Parcells attacked us in that NFCCG when RC fumbled..

and last but not the list, just go back how Bill Parcells attacked the K-Gun offense by using OJ Anderson..

this is what Kyle has YET to learn.

Not expecting that to happen any time soon.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
WHAT separate the REAL great HCs from the Media Proclaimed Great Coaches is the ability to Game Plan. Look at how Bill Walsh attacked Dan Marino and his defense in the Super Bowl?

and last but not the list, just go back how Bill Parcells attacked the K-Gun offense by using OJ Anderson..

Kyle is going to be fine. He just needs a Ronnie Lott/Kam Chancellor on his defensive backfield to stop those come from behind games by KC and others. They missed Hufanga in the Superbowl for sure. If Huff was healthy in the Superbowl - (with a healthy Greenlaw and Feliciano) I'm confident that's a win for Kyle in the 🏆game last year.

Are you two for real? When has Kyle went into a game where the team didn't look like it had a good gameplan?

If anything his issues are what happens if he doesn't have his top guys out there whether going into the game or even worse if they get hurt during the game and he has to adjust.

I swear it's like some of you guys refuse to watch the actual games and just make things up.
Originally posted by genus49:

Are you two for real? When has Kyle went into a game where the team didn't look like it had a good gameplan?

If anything his issues are what happens if he doesn't have his top guys out there whether going into the game or even worse if they get hurt during the game and he has to adjust.

I swear it's like some of you guys refuse to watch the actual games and just make things up.

I only remember a game two years ago when Deebo went down early and Kyle was lost. The entire game plan was around him that day. I recall Kyle admitting that and learning from it. Going in you can tell his early plays are to see what the defense is doing and giving him etc. Really no complains there. In game adjustments are usually top notch, but also has his bad moments. I could say that about anyone tho.
I love Kyle but this is me during the 4th Qtr of some of our big games

Agreed. He is a great game planner but he is not the same genius when forced to adjust due to injuries or late game adjustments by the opposing team. Injuries will screw any game plan regardless of the coach but for some reason Kyle struggles more when it comes to adjusting. When 19 goes down we struggle, even when we have time to revise our game plan. One player should not derail the offense to that extent. Let's see if Kyle improves in that aspect this year..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

Agreed. He is a great game planner but he is not the same genius when forced to adjust due to injuries or late game adjustments by the opposing team. Injuries will screw any game plan regardless of the coach but for some reason Kyle struggles more when it comes to adjusting. When 19 goes down we struggle, even when we have time to revise our game plan. One player should not derail the offense to that extent. Let's see if Kyle improves in that aspect this year..

A lot of it, I think, is lack of depth. But that's true of everybody nowadays because of the salary cap and free agency - and to a certain extent the draft.

KC has beaten us because of just some lucky injury breaks. Richburg being injured, and of course last year Greenlaw, Hufanga, and Feliciano bieng out. I don't know if you can adjust *that much* if a star player like a Hufanga or Deebo goes down. A guy like Greenlaw goes down, nobody on the team can do what he does and Burk's just isn't Greenlaw. Greenlaw was key in bringing us back from being down in the 4th QTR in the playoffs last year. Kyle's been just unlucky in the Superbowl.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Blair III will work with the 49ers defensive line. Blair spent five seasons in the NFL with the 49ers (2016-20) and New York Jets (2021) where he appeared in 55 games (five starts) and registered 116 tackles, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and 14.5 sacks. Blair attended Appalachian State University where he played defensive end for five years (2011-15).
https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-announce-2024-bill-walsh-nfl-diversity-coaching-fellows
I can see Blair coaching long term for the 49ers under Kocureck in the near future.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Blair III will work with the 49ers defensive line. Blair spent five seasons in the NFL with the 49ers (2016-20) and New York Jets (2021) where he appeared in 55 games (five starts) and registered 116 tackles, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and 14.5 sacks. Blair attended Appalachian State University where he played defensive end for five years (2011-15).
https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-announce-2024-bill-walsh-nfl-diversity-coaching-fellows
I can see Blair coaching long term for the 49ers under Kocureck in the near future.
That's awesome. always liked B3

Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I only remember a game two years ago when Deebo went down early and Kyle was lost. The entire game plan was around him that day. I recall Kyle admitting that and learning from it. Going in you can tell his early plays are to see what the defense is doing and giving him etc. Really no complains there. In game adjustments are usually top notch, but also has his bad moments. I could say that about anyone tho.

It happened last year a few times and the guys talked about it. Of course by odd coincidence both games where Deebo got injured early were in the rain so that makes things harder anyways but in both the Cleveland and Packers games it happened and the offense took a big dive. Thankfully we pulled out the one in the playoffs...even though we should've gotten both wins.

I actually look back to games in 2021 when we had a rash of injuries to our RBs and i think Trey Sermon was the only guy who was on the team for any real period of time and I thought Kyle's gameplan was awful. We still ended up making a game of it but you could tell he had no trust in the RBs and the gameplan suffered as a result.

He does that sometimes when he doesn't trust certain players he goes too vanilla. But overall his gameplanning is not an issue at all.

That sounds about right
A lot of it, I think, is lack of depth. But that's true of everybody nowadays because of the salary cap and free agency - and to a certain extent the draft.

KC has beaten us because of just some lucky injury breaks. Richburg being injured, and of course last year Greenlaw, Hufanga, and Feliciano bieng out. I don't know if you can adjust *that much* if a star player like a Hufanga or Deebo goes down. A guy like Greenlaw goes down, nobody on the team can do what he does and Burk's just isn't Greenlaw. Greenlaw was key in bringing us back from being down in the 4th QTR in the playoffs last year. Kyle's been just unlucky in the Superbowl.
Kittle and Deebo were both playing injured also. Deebo strained his hamstring in the 2nd quarter and couldn't get separation. And I think Kittle was injured on the 2nd possession of the game. Just bad luck. But even with all that said, they almost pulled it off. I look forward to the new year and stopping this 3peat! Go Niners
[ Edited by Cg9erSF on Jul 25, 2024 at 6:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:

Kittle and Deebo were both playing injured also. Deebo strained his hamstring in the 2nd quarter and couldn't get separation. And I think Kittle was injured on the 2nd possession of the game. Just bad luck. But even with all that said, they almost pulled it off. I look forward to the new year and stopping this 3peat! Go Niners
Logan, Persall and Puni would fill those positions if needed
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Logan, Persall and Puni would fill those positions if needed
We shall see as training camp goes forward. Persall is losing valuable practice time, hope he can get back soon. And Puni should be an upgrade at RG in time but that's why they have TC's.
Share 49ersWebzone