There are 193 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Saying Shanahan "Lucked" into playing Brock Purdy or "Lucked" into drafting him. For one, it was Brian Griese and I think Klint Kubiak who pushed for Brock Purdy, so no the credit doesn't go to Shanahan for that. Two, Shanahan seen Brock Purdy every day in training camp to come to his own conclusion, this isn't Madden.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DrEll:
If Trey or Jimmy do not get hurt during that 2022 season, I bet Brock is still a bench warmer for this team. Not only did Kyle luck into getting him as the last pick of the draft, he lucked into playing him as both his "chosen" ones went down with injuries. The rest is all Brock building on his resume and forcing himself into the franchise QB role.

Damn some of you give Kyle so much credit. He just proved to you that he doesn't really have an eye for talent when it comes to QB simply by picking Allen over Dobbs for QB2. Then you look at his track record on Niner QBs since he came to the team, and it's god awful except for the very last pick in the 2022 draft. And the Shanafans will say he was a "genius" and a "quarterback guru" for finding Brock.

Its ludicrous

Derp. The fact that they didn't go back to Trey after a small sample size from Brock, shows that you're wrong…again.

Small sample size ? He took the team to the NFCC.
i am looking forward to seeing Kyle's updated play book this year. Hopefully we see a refreshed approach that factors in our subpar pass protection. I am hopeful he accounts for the league catching on to the deebo runs and passes behind or at the line of scrimmage. Hopeful he can figure out how to stretch the field without getting Brock killed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Trey or Jimmy do not get hurt during that 2022 season, I bet Brock is still a bench warmer for this team. Not only did Kyle luck into getting him as the last pick of the draft, he lucked into playing him as both his "chosen" ones went down with injuries. The rest is all Brock building on his resume and forcing himself into the franchise QB role.

Damn some of you give Kyle so much credit. He just proved to you that he doesn't really have an eye for talent when it comes to QB simply by picking Allen over Dobbs for QB2. Then you look at his track record on Niner QBs since he came to the team, and it's god awful except for the very last pick in the 2022 draft. And the Shanafans will say he was a "genius" and a "quarterback guru" for finding Brock.

Its ludicrous

Derp. The fact that they didn't go back to Trey after a small sample size from Brock, shows that you're wrong…again.

Yes, small sample size of what 8 games, little less than half a season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
i am looking forward to seeing Kyle's updated play book this year. Hopefully we see a refreshed approach that factors in our subpar pass protection. I am hopeful he accounts for the league catching on to the deebo runs and passes behind or at the line of scrimmage. Hopeful he can figure out how to stretch the field without getting Brock killed.

I'd like to see more screen passes with CMC, Kittle and Deebo. I don't remember the offense doing much screen passes last season.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Its ludicrous

Which included a trip to the NFCC game.

Its ludicrous

You really keep digging that hole of you have no idea what you're talking about
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Its ludicrous

You really keep digging that hole of you have no idea what you're talking about

I would block him but his nonsense is just too entertaining to ignore.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
One more thing I wanna come back to and that is the notion that Shanahan doesn't start rookie. With Puni and possibly Renardo Green starting, I think we can all put that b******t to rest. Thank you carry on.
One more thing I wanna come back to and that is the notion that Shanahan doesn't start rookie. With Puni and possibly Renardo Green starting, I think we can all put that b******t to rest. Thank you carry on.
So he's not stubborn after all lol

Grant says there are rumblings from management that they are all in this year with Kyle. It's either put up or shut up, and Kyle will end up on the hot seat if he fails to deliver.

Finally

😂😂 😂
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Not starting Renardo. And Puni is in bc of injuries.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Not starting Renardo. And Puni is in bc of injuries.

He could've brought in another veteran but didn't. Same with brock Purdy starting. Same with Deebo starting, Nick Bosa, Fred Warner, CJ Beathard, Mike McGlinchey. I could go on, but just gonna get more of your lame ass excuses.

You say us Shanahan fans give excuses, don't you do the same when we drop FACTS on you?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So he's not stubborn after all lol

He's started plenty of rookies over the years. McGlinchey, Bosa, Kittle, Bourne to name a few more.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
He only did that because he lucked into Purdy. All it took was one team to get him before that very last pick in the draft. Kyle is not smart enough, although some think he is, to foresee Purdy being available with that very last pick.

If Brock was never here, Trey would still be here.

That is not an example of Kyle learning from a mistake.

Two of the best HCs of all time "lucked" into their QBs (Montana/Brady)

holding that s**t against Kyle is lame. Pretending he didn't build a ridiculously good roster overall for the sake of a narrative is dumb.

Ya'll act like he sucks as a HC and that couldn't be more wrong.

yeah the Pats lucked into Tom Brady...any QB picks that late in the draft, that work out as well as those did...is luck.

again, I'm not saying Kyle sucks as a HC... he just can't get the f**k out of his own way. He's like a Beautiful woman who keeps finding a way to f**k up relationships with good men. No matter how fine/desirable she is, there is a reason she is available. So yeah Kyle will always have suiters.. but he ain't gonna win a SB until he chills the f**k out, and does normal s**t.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 7, 2024 at 3:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone