There are 172 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by JTB1974:
I recommend that people try to watch as many games this weekend as you can and you will probally come away much more appreciated for Kyle. Hell, Just watching that Eagles/Packers game will make you appreciate Kyle more.

Appreciate Kyle? Most 49er fans here wish he was the one shot in SF.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 7, 2024 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
Point is...I don't care what he does during the season. It's irrelevant.

I highly doubt he survives another questionable SB coaching performance. Would you agree?

Good job he & Lynch did passing on Mahomes in 2017 too. That cost us two rings. This team is dominating the NFC with Mahomes.

Absolutely not, lol.
Originally posted by captveg:

Well they are like children who don't get what they want at Christmas and say they want a new mom and dad and forget everything their parents did for them that entire year.
I'm going to go out on a huge limb here:

If Kyle has another f up in the SB (or title game) which leads to a loss, he is gone. And Belichick is in.

He could go 19-0. I'd still have zero confidence in him headed into the SB.

19-0 is just inviting a loss. I'd much rather be 18-1 going into the SB.

As for going with Belichick... the dude is 72. Which means you're already looking for his replacement the day you hire him. And if there's anything that has been proven over the years it's that Belichick has a really bad coaching tree when his guys get HC jobs.

I highly doubt he survives another questionable SB coaching performance. Would you agree?

Lol - no......well......no.

Just no.

Lol
I recommend that people try to watch as many games this weekend as you can and you will probally come away much more appreciated for Kyle. Hell, Just watching that Eagles/Packers game will make you appreciate Kyle more.

Nobody doubts his brilliance...during the regular season. But the regular season is pretty meaningless for a team like the 49ers.

I'll judge Kyle from game one on. I'll watch as always.

Just going to put it out there but Shanahan's post season record is 8-4. Not bad. He's 0-3 in Super Bowl's and that will be an asterisk on his career, but who were the opponents? Tom Brady's Pats and Patrick Mahomes Chiefs. Both generational QB talents.

Kyle is not perfect but there is no doubt that he knows how to put together winning NFL programs. He's basically Andy Reid. Everyone said Reid was a great coach who couldn't win the big one until he kicked into Patrick Mahomes.

As far as belichek is concerned, he's 72 and had a crappy reputation as a coach until Tom Brady and he sucked after Brady left.

I think the 49ers would be fools to move on from Kyle unless he loses the players.

But when you have the "best team in the league" you expect at least a SB win which Kyle doesn't have yet. We know how good this team is it's just so frustrating that they don't get it done at the finish line.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

But when you have the "best team in the league" you expect at least a SB win which Kyle doesn't have yet. We know how good this team is it's just so frustrating that they don't get it done at the finish line.

The Chiefs have proven to be the best team in the league of late. It's not really arguable.
The Chiefs have proven to be the best team in the league of late. It's not really arguable.

They have the best QB for sure but look how many top players the niners have. They've had the "best roster" for years now.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

They have the best QB for sure but look how many top players the niners have. They've had the "best roster" for years now.

Chiefs have gone to six straight AFC CGs and have won 3 championships in five years. That's dynasty level. 49ers have been great for most of that same time, but without a ring their argument doesn't hold water.

Right now 49ers are like the 2005 Colts - arguably the most talented team over the last few years, nothing to show for it, not as good as the dynasty Patriots of 2001-2004. Hopefully the Niners break through like the Colts in 2006.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 8, 2024 at 6:45 PM ]
Chiefs have gone to six straight AFC CGs and have won 3 championships in five years. That's dynasty level. 49ers have been great for most of that same time, but without a ring their argument doesn't hold water.

Right now 49ers are like the 2005 Colts - arguably the most talented team over the last few years, nothing to show for it, not a good as the dynasty Patriots of 2001-2004. Hopefully the Niners break through like the Colts in 2006.

90s 9ers too prior to 94. Dynasties are hard to beat.

Originally posted by bzborow1:

Nobody doubts his brilliance...during the regular season. But the regular season is pretty meaningless for a team like the 49ers.

Just going to put it out there but Shanahan's post season record is 8-4. Not bad. He's 0-3 in Super Bowl's and that will be an asterisk on his career, but who were the opponents? Tom Brady's Pats and Patrick Mahomes Chiefs. Both generational QB talents.

Kyle is not perfect but there is no doubt that he knows how to put together winning NFL programs. He's basically Andy Reid. Everyone said Reid was a great coach who couldn't win the big one until he kicked into Patrick Mahomes.

As far as belichek is concerned, he's 72 and had a crappy reputation as a coach until Tom Brady and he sucked after Brady left.

I think the 49ers would be fools to move on from Kyle unless he loses the players.

As far as I'm concerned, that is the only way he loses his job.

Well they are like children who don't get what they want at Christmas and say they want a new mom and dad and forget everything their parents did for them that entire year.

That's a fair analogy.

He's the best HC
I'm going to go out on a huge limb here:

If Kyle has another f up in the SB (or title game) which leads to a loss, he is gone. And Belichick is in.

He could go 19-0. I'd still have zero confidence in him headed into the SB.

19-0 is just inviting a loss. I'd much rather be 18-1 going into the SB.

As for going with Belichick... the dude is 72. Which means you're already looking for his replacement the day you hire him. And if there's anything that has been proven over the years it's that Belichick has a really bad coaching tree when his guys get HC jobs.

If Belichick is HC in that SB, the 49ers have 6 SB trophies. I don't care if he was 80, let alone 72, that game is over.

Because Belichick did so well against Spags' defense in 2007 and 2011. Oh wait, he lost.

Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by bzborow1:

As far as I'm concerned, that is the only way he loses his job.

Well that ain't gonna happen.. he's one of the boys.

*images of Kyle drunk in Cabo with his players... drunk on the team bus of Super Bowl week.....partying with Deebo and Aiyuk with Rick Ross.*

Our players are getting PAID Great! And partying with their HC.... this is all a fun ride for them.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 9, 2024 at 1:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone