LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 138 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

The Niners dominate what is supposed to be a good Jets team and till some fans have to complain about Kyle's use of timeouts or not going for a TD. If they win a SB there will be fans that say we were lucky or the margin of victory should have been greater.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The Niners dominate what is supposed to be a good Jets team and till some fans have to complain about Kyle's use of timeouts or not going for a TD. If they win a SB there will be fans that say we were lucky or the margin of victory should have been greater.

I think these are long time concerns with Shanahan, and I'm looking for improvement with the big picture in mind.

I think he's a top two coach in football and the most valuable asset we have as a franchise. He does a great job consistently.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I think these are long time concerns with Shanahan, and I'm looking for improvement with the big picture in mind.

I think he's a top two coach in football and the most valuable asset we have as a franchise. He does a great job consistently.

If you want to be a top 3 coach you need a Lombardi

i think ot comes off more as whiney if im being honest especting a perfect game like its madden with 100% hindsight bias really shows lack of football knowledge
[ Edited by ritz126 on Sep 10, 2024 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Oh yea so is that what Mike McCarthy is? I don't think Mike is bad, but right now I take Shanahan over him. Even John Harbaugh because he barely wins in the playoffs anymore. And yes I'd take Shanahan over Tomlin and Pederson right now too. And don't get me started on washed Sean Payton.

Fans are so hung up on the SB validation. I get it I was super sad after each of our 3 SB losses. But make no mistake about it, Kyle will win one and he's a top...3 coach right now. Reid, maybe McVay, and then Kyle
Originally posted by ritz126:
i think ot comes off more as whiney if im being honest especting a perfect game like its madden with 100% hindsight bias really shows lack of football knowledge

Lol. Ok. You can respond to the actual criticism, or you can pretend it's whiny and baseless. I couldn't care less.

Nice to see you back after the long offseason. How'd that Wilks argument turn out for you?
Originally posted by Silky:

Oh yea so is that what Mike McCarthy is? I don't think Mike is bad, but right now I take Shanahan over him. Even John Harbaugh because he barely wins in the playoffs anymore. And yes I'd take Shanahan over Tomlin and Pederson right now too. And don't get me started on washed Sean Payton.

Fans are so hung up on the SB validation. I get it I was super sad after each of our 3 SB losses. But make no mistake about it, Kyle will win one and he's a top...3 coach right now. Reid, maybe McVay, and then Kyle

Harbaugh was in the AFC title game last year and lost to the same team the 49ers did. You want to be considered one of the best or the best. You need a Championship
Kyle ran laps on Saleh without his top player and executed his end of first half strat so he gets an A+ on this one. vintage.
Harbaugh was in the AFC title game last year and lost to the same team the 49ers did. You want to be considered one of the best or the best. You need a Championship

You're talking like his career is over and he never ended up winning one. How long did it take Andy to win one and now he's the unquestionable top coach in the league? At this moment in time Kyle is 100% one of the top few HCs in the NFL
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Aiyuk dropped a TD before the half

I know. We could have given ourselves more chances and potentially a wider selection of plays though.

Example: With 1:15 on the clock Brock hit Deebo for a 15 yard gain, to bring us down the Jets 27. The next play was snapped with 32 seconds on the clock. To me, that's a spot where you use a timeout, or at least hurry. Not a fan of burning essentially an entire 40 seconds there.

There's more to it though. Fail to move the ball and you give Rogers it back with time. Kyle is good at that 'boring the opposition to death' routine. Usually works too.

Originally posted by ritz126:

Lol. Ok. You can respond to the actual criticism, or you can pretend it's whiny and baseless. I couldn't care less.

Nice to see you back after the long offseason. How'd that Wilks argument turn out for you?

I don't think he has to pretend

A ton of it is whiny as hell
Originally posted by illinois9er:

You're talking like his career is over and he never ended up winning one. How long did it take Andy to win one and now he's the unquestionable top coach in the league? At this moment in time Kyle is 100% one of the top few HCs in the NFL

Andy got lucky and just happened to get not just a really good QB, not just a future HOF QB... But might go down as the best ever. Not sure how easily that is replicated. If KC takes Paxton Lynch is Andy still coaching?
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 10, 2024 at 1:49 PM ]

"He's only won one SB..."
Originally posted by joeknows:
There's more to it though. Fail to move the ball and you give Rogers it back with time. Kyle is good at that 'boring the opposition to death' routine. Usually works too.

Look at the play I cited. Failing to move the ball wasn't an issue. We let the better part of 40 seconds run off the clock after getting down to the Jets 27. It's not like you can't run the clock from that point forward. The Jets are not going to be taking timeouts to help us score, lol.

It was a non issue in last nights game, but it's been a recurring theme. Same thing happened in the playoffs last year against GB. We have an awesome offense. Maximize it. No need to turtle up and effectively play for a field goal because the other team could theoretically get the ball back with 20 seconds left (and have to go the full length of the field).
The one game that Kyle utilizes the clock well and makes the right choice on kicking the field goal and dudes still come here to complain 🤡🤡🤡.

kicking the fg and going up two touchdowns and two 2-point conversions was the right call. Not calling timeout against a defense that had shown itself capable of keeping us out of the end zone was the right call.
Share 49ersWebzone