LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 129 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by picklejuice:
you know if we had won the superbowl i would be okay with losing games in the regular season

Every team loses games they shouldn't. Two teams have gone undefeated in the regular season in the history of the NFL, lol. Expect more losses.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's awful against the Vikings. Taking the FG earlier in the game was the right move too.

It's funny because we both call for him to be more aggressive.... But I said to myself, on the road.... looking sloppy so far.... Yeah let's play to tie it here and try to settle in.... and this mofo goes for it lol.

I won't crucify him there because it was nice to see him show some balls, just keep at it.

Yeah. I thought It was the right decision to go for It there.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

It was. It's 1.5 yards and you're on the goal line. We have a good offense.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Need to start drafting different kinds of receivers. We have a group of players that aren't physically big or exceptionally fast. Nobody is beating their defender 1 on 1.

Imo deebo did great today. He was a monster in the middle. Kittle was good too. Aiyuk was the ghost with the most again lol but I do agree with your thinking.

What bothers me is Purdy avoided some deep throws I felt were there. Is this coaching ? Because he was always looking deep first in previous seasons. Today he played more like Jimmy g, but that's not fair to Purdy lol he certainly didn't play to what we've come to expect.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
you know if we had won the superbowl i would be okay with losing games in the regular season

Every team loses games they shouldn't. Two teams have gone undefeated in the regular season in the history of the NFL, lol. Expect more losses.

*In the SB era. There were actually four undefeated teams in the 1920s before playoffs were established (though they all had ties).
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's awful against the Vikings. Taking the FG earlier in the game was the right move too.

It's funny because we both call for him to be more aggressive.... But I said to myself, on the road.... looking sloppy so far.... Yeah let's play to tie it here and try to settle in.... and this mofo goes for it lol.

I won't crucify him there because it was nice to see him show some balls, just keep at it.

Yeah I'm not harping on that one. Sure in the way the game played out it would have made a difference but I'd rather see him show more aggressiveness as it should pay dividends later on.
the all 22 reviews will tell the tale....

It appeared the 49ers had an issue getting open, leading to alot of passes into heavy traffic ....lucky for the 49ers there was not more turnovers....

Still, cant win them all....and there was some bright spots....and the bonus of an early wake up call. This team has a tendency to believe their own press, so getting then off the high horse is a good thing....

Shanny just has to circle the wagons, and preach sound habits all week. Let's hope it was some confusion on offense and the WRs were not as stifled as it seemed. If the 49ers can't get open with 50 million worth of WR...we got bigger problems....
Originally posted by captveg:
*In the SB era. There were actually four undefeated teams in the 1920s before playoffs were established (though they all had ties).

Fair enough, lol. That changes everything!
always a handful of reg season games where he is liquid ass
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
always a handful of reg season games where he is liquid ass

Liquid ass just made me lol haha

• Deebo
  • Veteran
Just lose baby!

Fair enough, lol. That changes everything!

It changes nothing - it's still absurdly rare.

I simply have a pet peeve about 45 years of the NFL always being ignored as though it never happened.

I simply have a pet peeve about 45 years of the NFL always being ignored as though it never happened.

I know, lol.

I'm going to continue to ignore it though. The wooden ring era doesn't count.
His offense will not get to the next level with this O-Line. This has been an issue that's not been fix for the last 8 years. Did he see how much time Darnold had with bookend tackles?

I know, lol.

I'm going to continue to ignore it though. The wooden ring era doesn't count.

It absolutely counts, my friend.

Just think, some day some will think those first 50 Super Bowls don't count, because it was before guys regularly passed for 700 yards a game and put up 75 points on offense. The 80s Niners will be seen as archaic. WRs in 3-point stances for the 1981 SB winners already seems like caveman football. Walsh and Brown basically coached in the same era from the perspective of the Zoomers.
Share 49ersWebzone