LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 216 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I said it in another thread. I feel like after all these years. This dude overthinks.
Originally posted by captveg:
It absolutely counts, my friend.

Just think, some day some will think those first 50 Super Bowls don't count, because it was before guys regularly passed for 700 yards a game and put up 75 points on offense. The 80s Niners will be seen as archaic. WRs in 3-point stances for the 1981 SB winners already seems like caveman football. Walsh and Brown basically coached in the same era from the perspective of the Zoomers.

And they'll be correct and we won't be there to argue about it.

Starship Troopers style football looms.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by captveg:
It absolutely counts, my friend.

Just think, some day some will think those first 50 Super Bowls don't count, because it was before guys regularly passed for 700 yards a game and put up 75 points on offense. The 80s Niners will be seen as archaic. WRs in 3-point stances for the 1981 SB winners already seems like caveman football. Walsh and Brown basically coached in the same era from the perspective of the Zoomers.

And they'll be correct and we won't be there to argue about it.

Starship Troopers style football looms.

Thank God I won't live to see that garbage.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I said it in another thread. I feel like after all these years. This dude overthinks.

I thought on that last 3rd and 1 he got way too cute, either way it didn't matter the game was basically over
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's awful against the Vikings. Taking the FG earlier in the game was the right move too.

It's funny because we both call for him to be more aggressive.... But I said to myself, on the road.... looking sloppy so far.... Yeah let's play to tie it here and try to settle in.... and this mofo goes for it lol.

I won't crucify him there because it was nice to see him show some balls, just keep at it.

The FG to tie was the right move. Then you don't need 2 scores at the end of the game. It almost always comes back to bite you. You take the points. I'm not a fan of being too cute like that. Take the points. Get the game close. Preserve your timeouts. You need them at the end. No idea if it would have mattered but it could have been closer at the end and a little easier chance. I hated that decision.
I really don't get what goes through this guys head. We play these teams with one superstar receiver weapon and fail to adjust. Every single time I have flashbacks to this game.

1st & 10 at GB 25(0:37 - 4th) (Shotgun) Aa.Rodgers pass deep middle to D.Adams to 50 for 25 yards (A.Al-Shaair). Caught at GB 50. 0-YAC

3rd & 10 at 50(0:16 - 4th) (Shotgun) Aa.Rodgers pass deep left to D.Adams to SF 33 for 17 yards (T.Hufanga). Caught at SF 33. 0-YAC

Ball game. Adams 18 targets - 12 catches - 134 yards TD

Like who gives a s**t if Brandon Powell beats us, or Johnny Mundt, or Jalen Nailor.

Don't lose because Justin Jefferson gets 133 yards and a TD.

Also - could this dude figure out how to get his stupid 50 word plays in so we don't burn timeouts with the play clock running out.

Detroit had all 3 of their timeouts and it gave them a chance to win at the end.

Kyle always has a few of these in a season where he is flat out BAD. Fails to learn from his previous experiences. I don't get it.

I'd also add some hubris as an issue imo
He needs to play the other WR's and see if somebody can make splash plays.
He out coaches himself constantly. He tries to outsmart himself when he just needs to do the common sense thing
Let's hope RP is the real deal. We need a true slot WR who can get open at will and quickly

• bud49
  • Veteran
Did not like the 4th down calls.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I thought on that last 3rd and 1 he got way too cute, either way it didn't matter the game was basically over
Yup

Originally posted by jreff22:
He needs to play the other WR's and see if somebody can make splash plays.
Agreed. No idea how they manage substitutions during the game, but the young guys never get a chance.

Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
He out coaches himself constantly. He tries to outsmart himself when he just needs to do the common sense thing

I think so as well. People like to compare. I feel like Reid was similar and with age/experience he's learned to keep it simple. I'm hoping Kyle finds his own way of keeping it simple.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
He's awful against the Vikings. Taking the FG earlier in the game was the right move too.

It's funny because we both call for him to be more aggressive.... But I said to myself, on the road.... looking sloppy so far.... Yeah let's play to tie it here and try to settle in.... and this mofo goes for it lol.

I won't crucify him there because it was nice to see him show some balls, just keep at it.

The FG to tie was the right move. Then you don't need 2 scores at the end of the game. It almost always comes back to bite you. You take the points. I'm not a fan of being too cute like that. Take the points. Get the game close. Preserve your timeouts. You need them at the end. No idea if it would have mattered but it could have been closer at the end and a little easier chance. I hated that decision.

That 4th down play at the 1. If we kick the FG, it's tied and that 97 yard TD doesn't happen
Lost to darnold who didn't have addison at all and no Jefferson in the second half.

Kyle is so overrated. Gotta have the best team in the league to not win the super bowl TWICE.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Sep 15, 2024 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
That 4th down play at the 1. If we kick the FG, it's tied and that 97 yard TD doesn't happen
another fluke play will happen.. We're in Minnesota remember ?
Share 49ersWebzone