LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 136 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• pdc20
  • Veteran
I'm a little bit tired of Kyle trying to give Deebo the ball in the flat for those screen plays. The last drive was killed by that because of course agressive guys like Brian Flores will jump on that. It's too obvious. I know the game was pretty much lost at this point but just run the ball on third and one and let's not take too many unecessary risks. How many times since the beginning of the season did I see those plays end in interceptions or almost interceptions.
This guy just needs to stop playing 8K chess when the opponent is still learning checkers lol....
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Zachary:
He needed to go for a field goal before the 2 min warning in case we didn't get the onside. I was yelling for it

Really a pretty smart idea.
yeah lets end the game earlier

?
we get the field goal with like 2:20 left. Onside. We probably don't get it. Now they have the 2 min warning that stops the clock after the first play. If we hold them on the next two, we get the ball back and have a chance with 20 seconds or whatever would be

whether it's 1 second or not, it's more of a chance for us than how it was, which was 0 seconds. Because Kyle wanted to keep going for the touchdown first and passed the 2 min warning. And what's even more annoying is we ended up with a field goal anyway
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
This guy just needs to stop playing 8K chess when the opponent is still learning checkers lol....
that's a diss?
Originally posted by communist:
that's a diss?

In this case it was THEM playing chess, not Kyle--Niners were obviously outcoached and outplayed. I've see what you're talking about plenty, but they earned this L.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Kyle's offense has become stale. He hasn't evolved over the years. There's no wrinkles. It's predictable and good defensive teams have caught on. The Vikings pretty much played us like KC did in the SB last year. The difference is that they don't Mahomes so their win doesn't look as pretty. The box score isn't telling. We got our asses kicked and if Sam Darnold wasn't their quarterback, it would have been a 39 burger on this defense…
Originally posted by dj43:
Kyle needs to modify his offense to deal with pressure defenses like Flores brought. It is a feast or famine approach but until Kyle learns to counter it, it will be a feast for Flores and famine for SF.

There is a time for finesse and a time for smash-em-in-the-mouth.

Good point. I feel like when this roster came other back in 19 we brought a level oh physicality teams weren't ready for or used to.

I don't think we're that team anymore or at the least others can match and surpass it.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
Kyle's offense has become stale. He hasn't evolved over the years. There's no wrinkles. It's predictable and good defensive teams have caught on. The Vikings pretty much played us like KC did in the SB last year. The difference is that they don't Mahomes so their win doesn't look as pretty. The box score isn't telling. We got our asses kicked and if Sam Darnold wasn't their quarterback, it would have been a 39 burger on this defense…

I just feeling like when something is working, he doesn't stick to it. Mason was running the ball well then on some drives he throws the ball 3 times in a row that get nothing.

I mean Flores is a damn good DC. They weren't running some vanilla defense.

what wrinkles do you want? What's stale…what's predicable?

you're yet again complaining about something you don't even know about lol. Shocking.

Actually explain what needs to be fixed schematically? What isn't working from and X's and O's standpoint? Love to hear a good breakdown from the ultimate Kyle hater. Let's hear it

you act like Flores is a bad DC when in fact it's the opposite.

Originally posted by Baldie:
I just feeling like when something is working, he doesn't stick to it. Mason was running the ball well then on some drives he throws the ball 3 times in a row that get nothing.

It's based on what the D is showing and down and distance.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:

Either that, or he has these brain farts where he decides his QB will be all world and just gives up on his bread and butter. What he should've done is hit that Vikings defense with the run over and over then use the play action to open up the receiving game. But how many times did he get positive yards on first, then just abandon the run and get pass happy ?

As I said his offense is stale and predictable. Teams have caught on. Since there's no concept of throwing over the top, teams are just keeping everything in front of them, eliminating YAC and waiting for the quarterback to make mistakes. Worked in the SB. Worked yesterday. And kind of worked last week, just Rodgers couldn't muster any offense on his own so we got away with FG after FG.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

what wrinkles do you want? What's stale…what's predicable?

you're yet again complaining about something you don't even know about lol. Shocking.

Actually explain what needs to be fixed schematically? What isn't working from and X's and O's standpoint? Love to hear a good breakdown from the ultimate Kyle hater. Let's hear it

you act like Flores is a bad DC when in fact it's the opposite.

I'm not a coach. But what was it, 7/9 pass attempts on the first 2 drives ? That don't look like a coach playing to our strengths. No point of arguing though, because as his assistant you're just going to retort that Kyle called the pass plays based on what the defense showed him (knowing of course that like me you have no clue why Kyle called pass heavy plays)…
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I mean Flores is a damn good DC. They weren't running some vanilla defense.

Shouldn't boy wonder rise about these defensive coordinators by now ? Flores, McDonald, Schwartz, Spagnuolo. Seems like these damn good DCs just have his number, yet he doesn't know how to adjust to their schemes
Did anyone ask him why he didnt go for 2 on the second td? Chance to be down 8 and not 9 after vikings added another fg
Share 49ersWebzone