LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 166 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by DrEll:
Kyle's offense has become stale. He hasn't evolved over the years. There's no wrinkles. It's predictable and good defensive teams have caught on. The Vikings pretty much played us like KC did in the SB last year. The difference is that they don't Mahomes so their win doesn't look as pretty. The box score isn't telling. We got our asses kicked and if Sam Darnold wasn't their quarterback, it would have been a 39 burger on this defense…

Hell, leave in Darnold, who kicked our a$$ yesterday and add in Addison who was out and give him Jefferson for the entire game. The loss would have been MUCH WORSE.

6 sacks on Purdy, maybe now Kyle will begin thinking about addressing how important the offensive line is.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Sep 16, 2024 at 6:30 AM ]
I'm not a coach. But what was it, 7/9 pass attempts on the first 2 drives ? That don't look like a coach playing to our strengths. No point of arguing though, because as his assistant you're just going to retort that Kyle called the pass plays based on what the defense showed him (knowing of course that like me you have no clue why Kyle called pass heavy plays)…

No you're clearly not a coach…YET you're coming off like you know what you're talking about.

I'm asking you to explain what needs to changed schematically? You got no problem b***hing about it like you know something…well explain? What's predicable? What's "stale"? What needs to be changed based off the defensive looks that Flores was showing?

IMO the only thing that's stale is your constant whiny nonsense with zero substance to back up any of it.

I'm not defending Kyle, I'm asking YOU to defend your stance.

acting like Kyle calling a bunch of pass plays when we ALL thought it was gonna be running plays all damn day is not predictable. In fact that's the opposite.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm not a coach. But what was it, 7/9 pass attempts on the first 2 drives ? That don't look like a coach playing to our strengths. No point of arguing though, because as his assistant you're just going to retort that Kyle called the pass plays based on what the defense showed him (knowing of course that like me you have no clue why Kyle called pass heavy plays)…

No you're clearly not a coach…YET you're coming off like you know what you're talking about.

I'm asking you to explain what needs to changed schematically? You got no problem b***hing about it like you know something…well explain? What's predicable? What's "stale"? What needs to be changed based off the defensive looks that Flores was showing?

IMO the only thing that's stale is your constant whiny nonsense with zero substance to back up any of it.

acting like Kyle calling a bunch of pass plays when we ALL thought it was gonna be running plays all damn day is not predictable. In fact that's the opposite.
He's a troll, quite all last week… now he's post whoring
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Kyle's offense has become stale. He hasn't evolved over the years. There's no wrinkles. It's predictable and good defensive teams have caught on. The Vikings pretty much played us like KC did in the SB last year. The difference is that they don't Mahomes so their win doesn't look as pretty. The box score isn't telling. We got our asses kicked and if Sam Darnold wasn't their quarterback, it would have been a 39 burger on this defense…

Hell, leave in Darnold, who kicked our a$$ yesterday and add in Addison who was out and give him Jefferson for the entire game. The loss would have been MUCH WORSE.

6 sacks on Purdy, maybe now Kyle will begin thinking about addressing how important the offensive line is.

Did he really lack the time needed to make a throw or was it also our players not getting open or Purdy not seeing the open man?

Not likely.

SF was bad on 3rd downs yesterday. Sam didn't kick our asses. They had two blown coverages that lead to 14 pts.

early in the year with sloppy play. I don't expect that to be a theme all yr
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

He's a troll, quite all last week… now he's post whoring

Oh I know. Just pointing out the nonsense. I'm all for talking about stuff and hearing what "should" have been done. Don't get much of that with that poster.

SF was bad on 3rd downs yesterday. Sam didn't kick our asses. They had two blown coverages that lead to 14 pts.

That's still counts as him kicking our ass lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

A 6 point ass whooping.
Originally posted by 49erKing:

Did he really lack the time needed to make a throw or was it also our players not getting open or Purdy not seeing the open man?

No one one until the film comes out.

Originally posted by 49erKing:

No one one until the film comes out.
Looked like Purdy was locking on to one target and held the ball longer than usual. Trent's bad game didn't help

Without CMC 3rd downs are going to be tougher. See the article above. He's a weapon on 3rd down and without him the defenders can clamp down on the receivers without worrying about him coming out of the backfield. It's foolish to think that they aren't going to miss him. Those 1st and 2nd down runs can be handled by Mason but 3rd down passes out of the backfield are a different story. That means Aiyuk is going to have to earn that big money he just got. Jenning will be needed more. Of course Kittle and Deebo will too as we saw yesterday.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Marcus Mariota "kicked our ass" one time as well lol.
He was painfully out coached yesterday.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
He was painfully out coached yesterday.

I guess the 49ers have been outcoached since 1992 in Minnesota. The Niners lost 21-14 in 1994. Then they went on and won the SB. They lost last year by nearly the same score s yesterday. 22-17. They went on and played in the SB. Maybe it's not the end of the world.
Share 49ersWebzone