LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 316 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by mcwoot:
When you have egregious execution issues in all three phases of the game at the same time you have to question the coaching

It's week two lol? Ya'll must think McVay is gonna get fired with how bad his team played the past couple weeks (especially this week). Whole lot of football left to be had
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I liked his aggressive decisions good job coach.

It's a joke. It's his overcompensation when ppl call him out for previous games. He's done it before. He could've gone for the kill shot vs NY last week several times but went conservative so the Jets were still technically in it until the 4th quarter.

This week he goes opposite and goes for it on every 4th down when he could've taken the points to keep it close.

Guaranteed his balls just shrunk and you won't be seeing him go for it on 4th down for a good 2 months.

He's a good offensive play caller. He has no coaching instincts…

Like in the super bowl, Shanahan finds new ways to cone up short. Run the ball on first and goal from the 5 rather than have Purdy throw it away.
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
Like in the super bowl, Shanahan finds new ways to cone up short. Run the ball on first and goal from the 5 rather than have Purdy throw it away.

It's almost like there's another team who can call plays as well
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Hell, leave in Darnold, who kicked our a$$ yesterday and add in Addison who was out and give him Jefferson for the entire game. The loss would have been MUCH WORSE.

6 sacks on Purdy, maybe now Kyle will begin thinking about addressing how important the offensive line is.

SF was bad on 3rd downs yesterday. Sam didn't kick our asses. They had two blown coverages that lead to 14 pts.

early in the year with sloppy play. I don't expect that to be a theme all yr

That's still counts as him kicking our ass lol
A 6 point ass whooping.

Well a loss is a loss and Darnold sucks. You see him in the locker room after digging at Kyle? Such beta male anger it's hilarious.
Hell, leave in Darnold, who kicked our a$$ yesterday and add in Addison who was out and give him Jefferson for the entire game. The loss would have been MUCH WORSE.

6 sacks on Purdy, maybe now Kyle will begin thinking about addressing how important the offensive line is.

SF was bad on 3rd downs yesterday. Sam didn't kick our asses. They had two blown coverages that lead to 14 pts.

A 6 point ass whooping.

Well a loss is a loss and Darnold sucks. You see him in the locker room after digging at Kyle? Such beta male anger it's hilarious.
Irrelevant, it took us beating ourselves more than the vikes. Take a look at those other blowouts losses by top teams. That wasn't us
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 16, 2024 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Really sick of every single pass being in the middle of the field. In a crowded mess. Can we change it up a little bit? Throw to the outside. Throw down the field once in a while. Try some different things so the defense has to cover more.

Yup, it's a lot of in breaking intermediate routes with Brock and D's pack the middle. this has been ongoing for a while, dating back to last season.

Shanahan really needs to throw some new plays in. You can't just keep throwing to the middle. Sometimes there are 3 guys in the middle and they throw it anyway. They even got some completions. But that will end in disaster eventually. You can't keep throwing into a crowd and expected good results. Challenge some different areas.

I was saying this in the gameday thread. Usually Purdy goes deep and/or takes shots outside. Very balanced etc. I think the reality is guys weren't open and/or he didn't have time.
Really sick of every single pass being in the middle of the field. In a crowded mess. Can we change it up a little bit? Throw to the outside. Throw down the field once in a while. Try some different things so the defense has to cover more.

Yup, it's a lot of in breaking intermediate routes with Brock and D's pack the middle. this has been ongoing for a while, dating back to last season.

Shanahan really needs to throw some new plays in. You can't just keep throwing to the middle. Sometimes there are 3 guys in the middle and they throw it anyway. They even got some completions. But that will end in disaster eventually. You can't keep throwing into a crowd and expected good results. Challenge some different areas.

I was saying this in the gameday thread. Usually Purdy goes deep and/or takes shots outside. Very balanced etc. I think the reality is guys weren't open and/or he didn't have time.
Guys were open, purdy just locked on to one guy too long

A 6 point ass whooping.

Irrelevant, it took us beating ourselves more than the vikes. Take a look at those other blowouts losses by top teams. That wasn't us

Ok chief

Well then that's a different concern and the question is why, since he's never been gun shy before?

Well then that's a different concern and the question is why, since he's never been gun shy before?
Never? He did it few time last year and twice against Minn
Another weird occurrence from yesterday: I don't think we ran much play action. Anyone else notice that?

Exotic looks on defense. Let's not forget Brock is still a young player. He is still learning, and he's shown he's capable of learning and adjusting.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Exotic looks on defense. Let's not forget Brock is still a young player. He is still learning, and he's shown he's capable of learning and adjusting.
After the game, Purdy complimented Flores on "running some crazy schemes out there." (per Greg Papa)

A 6 point ass whooping.

If not for Fred Warner that absolutely would've been us.
Share 49ersWebzone