There are 266 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I just want to win another Super Bowl 😞

It'll be nice for about a week. But then the grind begins again. It never satisfies for long. That's why one should enjoy the regular season success when it's there, too, instead of hating everyone that contributes to that success.

Regular season champions!!!

Why bother watching each week if you don't enjoy the sport and regular season wins? This isn't in place of winning the Super Bowl, but a supplement to it.

If all you care about is the Super Bowl then kindly shut the hell up until February.

It'll be nice for about a week. But then the grind begins again. It never satisfies for long. That's why one should enjoy the regular season success when it's there, too, instead of hating everyone that contributes to that success.

I disagree, if the 49ers ever win a Super Bowl in my lifetime, I'll be sure to brag and be annoying about it to Non-Niners fans for the entire offseason, and even if they had a bad season after, it wouldn't annoy me like it usually does. I'd say it would wear off after the following season.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
I just want to win another Super Bowl ????

I disagree, if the 49ers ever win a Super Bowl in my lifetime, I'll be sure to brag and be annoying about it to Non-Niners fans for the entire offseason, and even if they had a bad season after, it wouldn't annoy me like it usually does. I'd say it would wear off after the following season.

The sad fact is, the Niners should be 8-0 in Super Bowls right now but terrible coaching decisions and egregious officiating cost the franchise 3 Lombardis, that makes it so much worse.
[ Edited by Patton on Sep 16, 2024 at 7:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
I just want to win another Super Bowl ????

The sad fact is, the Niners should be 8-0 in Super Bowls right now but terrible coaching decisions and egregious officiating cost the franchise 3 Lombardis, that makes it so much worse.

True, and should have even more than 8 considering all the nfc championship games they've let slip away throughout the history of the team

as a kid, bragging about having 5 super bowls and making sure other fans knew even if the current at the time Niners team wasn't very good was a badge of honor. Now 5 super bowls just feels underwhelming
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Sep 16, 2024 at 7:12 PM ]
Now this is the panicking meltdown I was expecting in the Deebo thread. 10/10
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

lol wut ? You, my friend, are the epitome of what the current fanbase has become. Who cares about the SB. It's the journey that counts. Might as well give Kyle a life contract with that mentality. Millennials
Well it's been 30 years, so maybe we need to wait a little more! Luckily I was around for the last one! If Kyle is as brilliant as everyone says he is, he needs to figure it out.
Originally posted by Patton:

Yea. Poor us. It's so not fair.
Originally posted by DrEll:
lol wut ? You, my friend, are the epitome of what the current fanbase has become. Who cares about the SB. It's the journey that counts. Might as well give Kyle a life contract with that mentality. Millennials

Don't threaten me with a good time.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Well then that's a different concern and the question is why, since he's never been gun shy before?

Exotic looks on defense. Let's not forget Brock is still a young player. He is still learning, and he's shown he's capable of learning and adjusting.

This. He's gotta learn and develop.

That's relieving and a good point by Smokey. He is still young hasn't mastered some of those looks and it threw off his reads. Let's hope he learns from it.

I want him to get to that point like Brady where he already knows what they are doing pre snap 99% of the time.

I think he's a smart player and will figure it out. He has that football intelligence to grow and become elite if given the opportunity. I hope the organization figures out how to deal with these stubborn agents and primadona recivers. He needed the time to work with Ayuik and keeps getting plumbed due to a RT not ready to play.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Sep 16, 2024 at 8:23 PM ]

Karv ShannaLevy. From what I'm hearing they might be about ready to run him outta town
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I liked his aggressive decisions good job coach.

It's a joke. It's his overcompensation when ppl call him out for previous games. He's done it before. He could've gone for the kill shot vs NY last week several times but went conservative so the Jets were still technically in it until the 4th quarter.

This week he goes opposite and goes for it on every 4th down when he could've taken the points to keep it close.

Guaranteed his balls just shrunk and you won't be seeing him go for it on 4th down for a good 2 months.

He's a good offensive play caller. He has no coaching instincts…

K-GUN Offense was innovative and got the Bills 4 Super Bowl losses..

Air Kyle Ground Shanny Offense is as pretty as they come, so far, he 0 and 2.. he 0 and 2 !!
Originally posted by 9moon:

It's a joke. It's his overcompensation when ppl call him out for previous games. He's done it before. He could've gone for the kill shot vs NY last week several times but went conservative so the Jets were still technically in it until the 4th quarter.

This week he goes opposite and goes for it on every 4th down when he could've taken the points to keep it close.

Guaranteed his balls just shrunk and you won't be seeing him go for it on 4th down for a good 2 months.

Air Kyle Ground Shanny Offense is as pretty as they come, so far, he 0 and 2.. he 0 and 2 !!

He's obviously about a C- coach on the sidelines. He's never gonna go for another 4th down for the rest of his life 😆
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

But he gets the team to the Superbowl, what more can you ask of a guy ?
Owned by Spagnuolo
Owned by Flores
Owned by Schwartz
Owned by Macdonald

It seems that our offensive genius gets owned a lot lately
Share 49ersWebzone