49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I just want to win another Super Bowl 😞

It'll be nice for about a week. But then the grind begins again. It never satisfies for long. That's why one should enjoy the regular season success when it's there, too, instead of hating everyone that contributes to that success.

Regular season champions!!!

Why bother watching each week if you don't enjoy the sport and regular season wins? This isn't in place of winning the Super Bowl, but a supplement to it.

If all you care about is the Super Bowl then kindly shut the hell up until February.

Losing three straight and several championship games, at least for me, has changed that dynamic.

After 2019 all you wanted after 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2019 SB and championship losses was just one...

and then we lost 2021, 2022, and 2023 in the championship and super bowl.

Now I'm back to not caring because I've accepted they likely never will.

So this season has actually been nice through 2 weeks because I really am sorta numb to whether they win or lose now.

I do think just one super bowl win changes that. But make no mistake, we have been tortured... just the opposite end of the spectrum of torture from what is was from 2003-2010 and 2014-2018.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 16, 2024 at 10:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Owned by Spagnuolo
Owned by Flores
Owned by Schwartz
Owned by Macdonald

It seems that our offensive genius gets owned a lot lately
Math and logic is not your expertise
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Not being a blind and disgusting homer is not your thing

that still doesn't make my post any less true

Blew up CMC and Deebo ALREADY. Too much over use and mismanagement.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah those 0 snaps played by CMC really pushed him way too far. Fire Kyle
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

He over used him last year. Now he is BLOWN UP for this year.

You mean when we were on a Super Bowl push? Good lord Kyle's dumb. Fire Kyle

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

It'll be nice for about a week. But then the grind begins again. It never satisfies for long. That's why one should enjoy the regular season success when it's there, too, instead of hating everyone that contributes to that success.

Why bother watching each week if you don't enjoy the sport and regular season wins? This isn't in place of winning the Super Bowl, but a supplement to it.

If all you care about is the Super Bowl then kindly shut the hell up until February.

Losing three straight and several championship games, at least for me, has changed that dynamic.

After 2019 all you wanted after 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2019 SB and championship losses was just one...

and then we lost 2021, 2022, and 2023 in the championship and super bowl.

Now I'm back to not caring because I've accepted they likely never will.

So this season has actually been nice through 2 weeks because I really am sorta numb to whether they win or lose now.

I do think just one super bowl win changes that. But make no mistake, we have been tortured... just the opposite end of the spectrum of torture from what is was from 2003-2010 and 2014-2018.

Yea. At some point you realize it's not gonna happen with the current staff / team. I thought they got rid of Harbs too early. Should have given him a chance to rebuild that roster. Now they're overplaying it with Kyle. He's gonna waste a lot of talent away in this team. But I suspect a lot of these guys will end up places where they'll excel.

Im not taking it too seriously this season. I expect us to come up short, and then the collective "let's run it back" from the nuanced fans we boast nowadays….

When you pay these guys $10, $20 0r $30 million per year you should expect to use them a lot. That's why they are getting paid so much. Player can get hurt whether they play every down or just occasionally.

Originally posted by DrEll:
lol wut ? You, my friend, are the epitome of what the current fanbase has become. Who cares about the SB. It's the journey that counts. Might as well give Kyle a life contract with that mentality. Millennials

LOL now we know how "young" these posters are. They have never seen us win one. Friggin' participation trophy generation.
You mean when we were on a Super Bowl push? Good lord Kyle's dumb. Fire Kyle

overuse of CMC was an ongoing topic last season, long before the SB push. it's hard to say to what extent that factors vs to what extent he got injured perhaps this offseason. i'm not exactly sure.

we do know last year the touches broke down like this:

Mitchell 81
Mason 43
CMC 339

that's the regular season. the gripe most fans had is Mason only getting 43. Fans probably rightly recognized, he's better than that, and he can help keep CMC fresh. i would hope for more a load management of CMC, when he returns. every 3rd series or so let the other backs play. that keeps them engaged and with a game day role and CMC less wear and tear.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Well then that's a different concern and the question is why, since he's never been gun shy before?

Exotic looks on defense. Let's not forget Brock is still a young player. He is still learning, and he's shown he's capable of learning and adjusting.

This. He's gotta learn and develop.

That's relieving and a good point by Smokey. He is still young hasn't mastered some of those looks and it threw off his reads. Let's hope he learns from it.

I want him to get to that point like Brady where he already knows what they are doing pre snap 99% of the time.

I think he's a smart player and will figure it out. He has that football intelligence to grow and become elite if given the opportunity. I hope the organization figures out how to deal with these stubborn agents and primadona recivers. He needed the time to work with Ayuik and keeps getting plumbed due to a RT not ready to play.

Same, I think he is the real deal. I certainly hope so!
Share 49ersWebzone