There are 308 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Me too, wanted to hope against hope that he might wake up and show signs of life. When the Niners hired him, my only concern was whether what he did in the SB with Atlanta was who he is in big games. I don't need to see any more collapses in games to reach the conclusion that he is what we thought he was. A great OC with a big giant flaw. Time to call it for what it is. We ain't winning a SB with him as HC.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Complete meltdown.. Purdy missing a wide open Aiyuk for what would have been a touchdown. ST that gave up a huge return. Defense that can't seem to do anything right.

Another wasted year from hiring the wrong DC.

Such a frustrating loss to a team we really should have beaten imo.

it's not just the DC, it's the HC as well... ASK why we were throwing the ball down the field that last 2 minutes??
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Kyle is a failure. Mike wished mom had swallowed
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If he can't see that Cowing > Bell then he needs to go. Because everyone else can see it. Cowing in today and he catches that route and we win.

I agree with this actually. Why was bell in there at all? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

He can't admit he's wrong about Cowing.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Love our "fans"

Losing really highlights the bad and makes you a laughing stock.

- Purdy potentially 60 mil? He played good today and had Bell not dropped it we probably win. Even if we win I don't know if we can say Purdy has that "Brady" in him given the Rams suck and were depleted everywhere too. I mean eventually the weapons will come back and we will point to these handful of games like see he couldn't win without them. The sample size is smaller now. He really needed this W. The fumble at the end of half sucked but that happens. There was some third down misconversions I wish he got. May have made that word up

- Aiyuks new contract? Yea lol looking like a waste and I'm an optimist.

- Defense will be good again with an inside hire and someone that will know how to run it? This is the one where I will be patient, but it's worse than Wilks D this first 3 weeks and that's saying a lot. Just bad coverage, terrible pressure and pass rush. The DLine just flies by the QB like Stafford was a matador out there

Gosh I hate losing. We better pound the Pats. If the game is close then we're in trouble
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Silky:

- Purdy potentially 60 mil? He played good today and had Bell not dropped it we probably win. Even if we win I don't know if we can say Purdy has that "Brady" in him given the Rams suck and were depleted everywhere too. I mean eventually the weapons will come back and we will point to these handful of games like see he couldn't win without them. The sample size is smaller now. He really needed this W. The fumble at the end of half sucked but that happens. There was some third down misconversions I wish he got. May have made that word up

- Defense will be good again with an inside hire and someone that will know how to run it? This is the one where I will be patient, but it's worse than Wilks D this first 3 weeks and that's saying a lot. Just bad coverage, terrible pressure and pass rush. The DLine just flies by the QB like Stafford was a matador out there

Gosh I hate losing. We better pound the Pats. If the game is close then we're in trouble

pash rush has been disappointing for the last 2 years.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Deebo:

Lol
Originally posted by Silky:

We need a whole new defensive staff, the system is s**t.
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by Deebo:

Lol

Omg

ST sucks and is unprepared.

Defensive coordinator is terrible so far. He is outsmarting nobody and a qb like Stafford knows exactly what he's dealing with pre snap. Just nowhere near ready yet.

Defensive line is not good and we have no real run stuffer in the middle. Even Bosa looks a tad checked out imo. Crazy how much they invested here for such mediocre returns.

safeties suck.

The scheme so far is just horrible and we are being out coached here through three weeks.

Offense is good, but someone consistently fails on key plays.

o line is bad and you can count on someone pooching it on a key down almost every time.

The most frustrating part is these are the mostly same issues since 22.
  • Veteran
At some point Kyle has to address the special team and the defense. This is suppose to be a top ten defense.
Notice how fans knew how good jennings and mason were but yet it took injury for shanahan to give them touches because he was forced?

That's who kyle shanahan is.

Reid and Carroll play guys like that when they're not forced.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I don't believe a single soul here thinks Harbaugh was the problem.

This is the exactly the same offense as last year. He ran three or four plays that are identical today. The playcalling is stale.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Notice how fans knew how good jennings and mason were but yet it took injury for shanahan to give them touches because he was forced?

That's who kyle shanahan is.

Reid and Carroll play guys like that when they're not forced.

Good point
Share 49ersWebzone