There are 233 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 190836:
At some point Kyle has to address the special team and the defense. This is suppose to be a top ten defense.

The D is supposed to be top 3. Their DC leader is out of his element.
The team is built to win if they score 30. What does that tell you about the defense? Kyle made one mistake today. Playing bell. He catches that last pass and we get the w.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Silky:
Losing really highlights the bad and makes you a laughing stock.

- Purdy potentially 60 mil? He played good today and had Bell not dropped it we probably win. Even if we win I don't know if we can say Purdy has that "Brady" in him given the Rams suck and were depleted everywhere too. I mean eventually the weapons will come back and we will point to these handful of games like see he couldn't win without them. The sample size is smaller now. He really needed this W. The fumble at the end of half sucked but that happens. There was some third down misconversions I wish he got. May have made that word up

- Aiyuks new contract? Yea lol looking like a waste and I'm an optimist.

- Defense will be good again with an inside hire and someone that will know how to run it? This is the one where I will be patient, but it's worse than Wilks D this first 3 weeks and that's saying a lot. Just bad coverage, terrible pressure and pass rush. The DLine just flies by the QB like Stafford was a matador out there

Gosh I hate losing. We better pound the Pats. If the game is close then we're in trouble

We need a whole new defensive staff, the system is s**t.

Yea we've been saying that but maybe we over value some of our players too? Besides Warner, who has consistently been good?

Safeties lol no. Our other LBs are so garbage it's painful to watch. I saw one just fall down right in front of Williams after he caught a pass. I thought maybe he was the one that got blocked in the back but it wasn't. And DLine? Hargrave had a sweet sack but that was the last time I saw him. Bosa is all motor now and no technique apparently. I think that DT from Houston has been good. I thought Ward was very good but honestly our corners seemed to be getting cooked too. I can't say for sure about Ward but I don't think he's been good.

I'm hoping and praying they get better as they gel with the new DC. That's all we can pray for
With Kyle calling plays the Niners are never out of it....kyle being a soft head coach, the other team is never out of it
10 point lead. In control of the game. Choke it away at the end. Where have I seen this before?

Originally posted by Sickaa:
Complete meltdown.. Purdy missing a wide open Aiyuk for what would have been a touchdown. ST that gave up a huge return. Defense that can't seem to do anything right.

Another wasted year from hiring the wrong DC.

Such a frustrating loss to a team we really should have beaten imo.

eh, it would have been a very difficult throw as he had no time to set his feet. That is not a throw you want to make if you aren't sure of it. Underthrow it and it is a pick.

ST made two critical mistakes, both were costly.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
10 point lead. In control of the game. Choke it away at the end. Where have I seen this before?

Ouch
I swear we have fans who take more joy in losing so they can cry about Kyle than they do with a win.
No killer instinct. Let opponents hang around.
For the last 20 minutes of the game, Kyle's play calling on offense was way too conservative.

Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I hope all of you begin to FINALLY question Kyle. He's done some really good things for this franchise. But he lacks championship mentality. Doesn't pay close enough attention to the details.. He's not good at managing the game. So many personnel misses with the draft and free agency.. It's time to start asking the tough questions

🤡🤡🤡🤡

Go ahead and be a blind sheep.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I hope all of you begin to FINALLY question Kyle. He's done some really good things for this franchise. But he lacks championship mentality. Doesn't pay close enough attention to the details.. He's not good at managing the game. So many personnel misses with the draft and free agency.. It's time to start asking the tough questions

We look forward to you coaching the team, I'm sure you would be an upgrade

I can definitely manage the game better 🤷🏾‍♂️
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
For the last 20 minutes of the game, Kyle's play calling on offense was way too conservative.
pick one, either he is that or he is playing it offensive like at the SB with the Falcons. I take conservative on any given Sunday
Originally posted by communist:
pick one, either he is that or he is playing it offensive like at the SB with the Falcons. I take conservative on any given Sunday

You don't have to pick one.

There is a balance which it is Kyle's JOB to find.
You don't have to pick one.

There is a balance which it is Kyle's JOB to find.
This.
Share 49ersWebzone