There are 253 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I think this is the first time since Kyle has been here that I'm starting to have some doubt about him. I've always defended him and thought he was one of the smartest minds in the league but these choke jobs are becoming a trend. I don't think his play calling was really an issue today but there are just other parts that he needs to be held responsible for.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
For the last 20 minutes of the game, Kyle's play calling on offense was way too conservative.
pick one, either he is that or he is playing it offensive like at the SB with the Falcons. I take conservative on any given Sunday

Whatever his gut tells him to do in the moment. He should choose the opposite. 😂
It's over. kyles has been figured out
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
I think this is the first time since Kyle has been here that I'm starting to have some doubt about him. I've always defended him and thought he was one of the smartest minds in the league but these choke jobs are becoming a trend. I don't think his play calling was really an issue today but there are just other parts that he needs to be held responsible for.

Kyle is one of the smartest minds in the league. But his instincts are bad.
For the last 20 minutes of the game, Kyle's play calling on offense was way too conservative.

And yet others are saying he didn't run the ball enough in the second half. Seems contradictory.

The offensive plays were thereto be made. Purdy and Jennings stepped up, others did not. (Yuk had a solid catch on the last drive too, but it was pretty routine. Otherwise he played poorly, and his 3rd down drop in the 2nd quarter helped to swing momentum).

Teams with a two score lead should be able to rely at least a LITTLE on a defense that is supposed to be top 5. Defense is playing bottom 5 and let the Rams go up and down the field at will. You need closers on defense in this league, and 49ers are HORRIFIC on 3rd down defense, full stop. That is by far the biggest issue with the team right now.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 22, 2024 at 5:40 PM ]
Situational awareness, time management, killer instinct, personnel (Bell over Cowing...), closing out games that you are in control of are not his strong suits. He will get analysts excited with cute shifts and motions and the fans too. But when the game is on the line you know Shanahan will CHOKE. He just doesn't have it where it really counts. Bill Walsh could close out a game. To think this guy can beat Coach Andy Reid in a Super Bowl.

• DrEll
  • Veteran
The Kyle supporters will keep backing him, but he is a major problem for this team. The league has caught on to his philosophy. He is stale and is holding the team back. Prime example: Ronnie Bell playing on a game clinching drive. Why ? Because he's a veteran and Cowing is not
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Situational awareness, time management, killer instinct, personnel (Bell over Cowing...), closing out games that you are in control of are not his strong suits. He will get analysts excited with cute shifts and motions and the fans too. But when the game is on the line you know Shanahan will CHOKE. He just doesn't have it where it really counts. Bill Walsh could close out a game. To think this guy can beat Coach Andy Reid in a Super Bowl.

Bill Walsh didn't have his top DC poached (Seifert). It's the biggest issue Kyle has had - not winning the Super Bowl but losing his top DCs to be HCs anyway.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 22, 2024 at 5:48 PM ]
Kyle would benefit from a gameday playcaller
Originally posted by captveg:

Bill Walsh didn't have his top DC poached (Seifert). It's the biggest issue Kyle has had - not winning the Super Bowl but losing his top DCs to be HCs anyway.

More excuses for this CLOWN. To think the can ever win a Super Bowl. LOL.

• DrEll
  • Veteran

It's amazing. He just can't get over his tendencies. Had the game in his grasp….went full turtle becoming pass happy and staying away from the run. Allowed LA to come back and win it.

Awful
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:

Kyle is one of the smartest minds in the league. But his instincts are bad.

That separates him from a Belichick.

Both smart. Belichick's instincts and ability to outcoach the opposition at critical moments was top notch.
  • bud49
  • Veteran

I've heard on the sports talk radio shows that Kyle wants the Defense to be run his way.
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Kyle would benefit from a gameday playcaller

Why? What offensive play call change would have won the game today? His play got his WR open for the first down.

Kyle's DC choices this year and last year is what is bringing him down right now, not his offensive playcalling.

You're right - he's never winning a Super Bowl.

I know the future, and the 49ers are never winning a Supwr Bowl ever again. It's pointless.

I'm gonna stop watching now, you've convinced me.

Might as well crash the team plane and be done with them all.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 22, 2024 at 5:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone