49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Up 7 and not going for it on 4th and 1 killed them too

I call for Kyle to be more aggressive but this would have been reckless IMO.

It was 4th and a longer 2 I believe, and a made kick gives you a two possession lead. If they were up 3? No brainer to go for it.

It was 3rd and 6 inches. Guess what the Eagles do on that play ? Guess what Kyle should have done ? Instead he gives Mason a handoff for a loss of 2.
Originally posted by DrEll:
It was 3rd and 6 inches. Guess what the Eagles do on that play ? Guess what Kyle should have done ? Instead he gives Mason a handoff for a loss of 2.

He had ran two QB sneaks already on the same possession including a near fumble loss that came up short by Purdy.

I promise handing off to Jordan Mason on 3rd and 1 isn't the egregious mistake you think it is, lol.
How can kyle say they expected that fake punt and yet, well, we all saw what happened. Kyle can't ever take reponsibility. How the hell can you say you expected what happened yet you and your coaches let it happen?
I just had a feeling, the night of February 11th, that we witnessed a franchise-crippling Super Bowl loss. We needed that win so, so badly. It wasn't just a normal Super Bowl loss. It was the kind of Super Bowl loss that alters a franchise's legacy and ensures you never, ever win a Super Bowl ever again.

People called me overdramatic. And overreactive when we took four weeks to hire a DC internally. Then the Aiyuk/Williams nonsense happened and people started to realize I could be right. Now? That feeling may have been spot-on Those 20th century Super Bowl wins feel like ancient history at this point. Right up there with the Lions and Browns championships. That's the kind of franchise we might be now, people We had SEVEN solid chances since 2011 to restart a new dynasty and completely flubbed it every single time. To the next Red Sox drought we go.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Sep 22, 2024 at 8:30 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is definitely the game he loses. Which means we can't win the Super Bowl. No way.

At some point, players have to execute.

If Burford follows his assignment, we likely win the SB.

If JG hits Sanders, we likely win.

If Bell catches the ball today, we win.

I question some of his play calls, but his players still have to do their jobs.

He's the constant though.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I just had a feeling, the night of February 11th, that we witnessed a franchise-crippling Super Bowl loss. We needed that win so, so badly. It wasn't just a normal Super Bowl loss. It was the kind of Super Bowl loss that alters a franchise's legacy and ensures you never, ever win a Super Bowl ever again.

That feeling may have been spot-on Those 20th century Super Bowl wins feel like ancient history at this point. Right up there with the Lions and Browns championships. That's the kind of franchise we might be now, people We had SEVEN solid chances since 2011 to restart a new dynasty and completely flubbed it every single time. To the next Red Sox drought we go.
Makes me appreciate that much more being able to see just how dominant the Joe Montana led 49ers were. Its a rare thing and you just gotta appreciate it when its right there in front of you.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Sep 22, 2024 at 8:33 PM ]
1-2 wearing this hat; hope to see a new lid next week
Originally posted by DrEll:

I agree. You do a QB sneak here. If needed you could even do it twice. Kicking the fg was a mistake and a game changer.

That feeling may have been spot-on Those 20th century Super Bowl wins feel like ancient history at this point. Right up there with the Lions and Browns championships. That's the kind of franchise we might be now, people We had SEVEN solid chances since 2011 to restart a new dynasty and completely flubbed it every single time. To the next Red Sox drought we go.

Honestly, it's really difficult not to feel this way.

I almost am kinda still numb to this season because it feels like last year's SB loss was not only...somehow, someway...even more devastating and impossible than their other SB and championship flubs...but that it felt like this was the knockout punch that just keeps this franchise on the mat.

We're now the Vikings and Bills.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
This is definitely the game he loses. Which means we can't win the Super Bowl. No way.

Yep. He called all of those plays which put us in a position to win but players simply didn't execute. It happens, coaches and players alike can make mistakes.

Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

Makes me appreciate being able to see just how dominant the Joe Montana led 49ers were. Its a rare thing and you just gotta appreciate it when its right there in front of you.

Lucky you. I was born in 1996. To be blunt, I was actually conceived two months after Steve Young beat the Chargers.

It's my fault guys. I ruined this franchise
Lucky you. I was born in 1996. To be blunt, I was actually conceived two months after Steve Young beat the Chargers.

The math isn't mathing.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

The math isn't mathing.

I was born in January 1996, lol there you go.
I was born in January 1996, lol there you go.

Lmao. I actually misread your post anyway. You have too much knowledge about your parents!
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Hilariously dumb comment
Share 49ersWebzone