There are 260 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

We win as a team and lose as a team. The team put on the field is the HC responsibility. The defense is horrid. The DC seems to be failing. Special teams is anything but special. Certain players don't belong on the field yet they continue to show up. Does that ring a bell? Who is responsible? The HC. Not a good start for the team and by extension not a good start by Kyle. If a player fails to execute yet you put them out there it's no longer an execution issue it's a bad personnel decision. He needs to do better. He is certainly capable of doing better… right?
Yes, we believe in Kyle, but I think some of the mistakes that he makes are basic ones.

And for a guy who at times shows himself to be in the details so much, some of the small things he does wrong seem mind-blowing.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Yes, we believe in Kyle, but I think some of the mistakes that he makes are basic ones.

And for a guy who at times shows himself to be in the details so much, some of the small things he does wrong seem mind-blowing.

Like losing in the fourth quarter when the team has the lead going into the fourth quarter, over and over and over......
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My gripe with Kyle is that he holds onto s**tty players too long. Rant over.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I just had a feeling, the night of February 11th, that we witnessed a franchise-crippling Super Bowl loss. We needed that win so, so badly. It wasn't just a normal Super Bowl loss. It was the kind of Super Bowl loss that alters a franchise's legacy and ensures you never, ever win a Super Bowl ever again.

That feeling may have been spot-on Those 20th century Super Bowl wins feel like ancient history at this point. Right up there with the Lions and Browns championships. That's the kind of franchise we might be now, people We had SEVEN solid chances since 2011 to restart a new dynasty and completely flubbed it every single time. To the next Red Sox drought we go.

Honestly, it's really difficult not to feel this way.

I almost am kinda still numb to this season because it feels like last year's SB loss was not only...somehow, someway...even more devastating and impossible than their other SB and championship flubs...but that it felt like this was the knockout punch that just keeps this franchise on the mat.

We're now the Vikings and Bills.

Yes, there is an extreme numbness there from last year's agonising Superbowl loss.

Like we climbed Mt Everest and left our underpants up there and now we can't get them back.

All joking aside, I think it is safe to say we are in a Superbowl winning drought.

Some posters on this site have never seen this franchise win a Superbowl.

And a lot of very well-paid players on our team are starting to show lots of wear and tear.

And we have to pay Brock next year so that cuts our cap space in a big way.

So last year's Superbowl may have been make or break...
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
He is a loser with sub 100 IQ. How much more evidence do you need? All he does is lose. Jesus give me 30 other NFl coaches, 100 other college coaches or 1000 other high school coaches
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Deebo:
He is a loser with sub 100 IQ. How much more evidence do you need? All he does is lose. Jesus give me 30 other NFl coaches, 100 other college coaches or 1000 other high school coaches

???????
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

Like losing in the fourth quarter when the team has the lead going into the fourth quarter, over and over and over......

So True PA49ersfan.

I have just rewatched the game again. Seriously, we should have won by a minimum of 10 points.

How do you implode on so many fundamental levels as that.

We should be celebrating Juan Jennings greatest ever game.

Instead, we are crying and sulking in our beers, thinking this could be the last run we have before it all turns south.

And on to yesterday's news about the much beloved but flaky San Fransisco 49ers:-

A Kyle coached team does what a Kyle coached team always does.

Lose the unlosable game.
we LOST because we DO NOT have a real HC... it's EZ to point the blame on Ring My Bell for dropping the ball, but he is there because of KYLE.. each time Shanny is put on a position to win, he chokes..

We had no reason to lose today, well, SHANNY FINDS A WAY !!
we fumbled our best opportunity last year.
a team of healthy superstars that should have won the SB only to blow a 10 point lead once again.
i was and i am concerned for this year and the following. The construction of this team doesnt seem right. You are only as good as your weakest link and boy this roster looks so thin past the superstars. So i expected injuries this year to derail us. I thought it would come later. But 20-21-22 is back in 24… and Kyle boy he maked those same stupid mistake : crucial down and you throw a long pass low percentage completion to a serial dropper. You forgot you put yourself in 3rd and 10 with 50 seconds left and a rams time out if you dont convert. Typical kyle. Than it's hightower all over again. I understand why pete carroll fired him… kyle and the ST : a disaster combo…
Should i say another 10 point lead blown ?
our only hope is if Brock looks at his payday like brady : give a discount so we can sign others competent guys. If not everybody has to upgrade quickly coaches and players. For this year (and already before the season) i dont expect us to go past the div round. I limit my expectations for this team not to be too disappointed at the end of the year like i was in allegiant stafium back in febriary…

Unfortunate to see some of you are already in mid-season form.

It's week three.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is definitely the game he loses. Which means we can't win the Super Bowl. No way.

At some point, players have to execute.

If Burford follows his assignment, we likely win the SB.

If JG hits Sanders, we likely win.

If Bell catches the ball today, we win.

I question some of his play calls, but his players still have to do their jobs.

He's the constant though.

Hilariously dumb comment

Seems like an unwarranted attack but that's cool.

He has been the head coach through all of these losses though. I don't think coaches like Andy Reid or Pete Carroll lose this game.
Originally posted by evil:

It's week three.

God knows the Niners aren't in mid-season form.
Originally posted by evil:

It's week three.

Look. I'm not saying firing Kyle like some are. But I am saying he needs to get grilled and questions need to be asked. We didn't replace Wilks just to get worse on defense. We didn't waste a 3rd round pick only to draft a kicker who can't make important kicks. We didn't keep Bell on the active roster over Cowing just to have him drop it. And don't even get me started on how another star holdout is once again costing us into the season…
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Been badgering the zone about this for 2 seasons now. Kyle is not getting us to the promised land. He is an excellent offensive play caller, no doubt. Arguably tops in the league. But he is not a good head coach. He has no clue on how to call a game. He made that team one dimensional going into the 4th quarter. Zona was running at will last week against the Rams. Shanny decided to make this a passing contest. He gave them the game, and it's become a trend with him.

Some folks can keep waving the "there's no one better" flag all day, but this current SB window is closed for this team. We have a decent roster. Cut ties with Kyle and bring in someone to get us over the top…
Share 49ersWebzone