49ers hold off Seahawks for much-needed win in Seattle, 36-24 →

There are 363 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by evil:
Unfortunate to see some of you are already in mid-season form.

It's week three.

It's not year 1 with Kyle Shanahan. Take your blinders off there bud.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatandBow:

It's week three.

evil talking like we have a perennial SB winning dynasty to boot…lol
Originally posted by DrEll:

It's week three.

evil talking like we have a perennial SB winning dynasty to boot…lol

We are the Buffalo Bills of this era and even worse because at least the 1990s Bills didn't think they were the best team in football. What is really starting to annoy me is the arrogance this team displays and the utter blindness in its faults. I do think that starts with Kyle but all the players who think they are the best or whatever. It's annoying. You guys have lost two Super Bowls and haven't won sh-t. And to top it off we play a ton of guys the most money for their position and then they play like crap the next year. Heck, even Deebo's bounce back year was mid.
Kyle is to blame for hiring Sorensen.
Kyle is to blame for keeping the ST coach.
Kyle is to blame for Brendel Starting.
Kyle is to blame for Mckivitz Starting.
Kyle is to blame for keeping Ronnie Bell.
Kyle is to blame for taking his foot off the gas.
Kyle is to blame for not knowing how to coach 7 years later.
Kyle is to blame for not knowing how to close a game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kyle-shanahan-49ers-had-a-chance-to-run-away-with-it-instead-we-gave-the-rams-hope

Kyle still doesn't take Accountability for his mistakes. It's everyone else's fault.

I hope this is the year that Jed kicks Kyle's Ego to the curb.
Can one of the media ask shanahan if he ever goes back and watches games to critique what he should of done better? He watches film of the players, who watches the tape to correct the coaches. I'm so tired of 25 years of not closing out games
Kyle loses a 10 point lead
49er fans whine
Name a better combo
Originally posted by Hysterical rikal:
49er fans whine
Name a better combo

He's the greatest to ever do it and he's our HC.

Did you forget about the dubious record @Hysterical?
Kyle is to blame for hiring Sorensen.
Kyle is to blame for keeping the ST coach.
Kyle is to blame for Brendel Starting.
Kyle is to blame for Mckivitz Starting.
Kyle is to blame for keeping Ronnie Bell.
Kyle is to blame for taking his foot off the gas.
Kyle is to blame for not knowing how to coach 7 years later.
Kyle is to blame for not knowing how to close a game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kyle-shanahan-49ers-had-a-chance-to-run-away-with-it-instead-we-gave-the-rams-hope

Kyle still doesn't take Accountability for his mistakes. It's everyone else's fault.

I hope this is the year that Jed kicks Kyle's Ego to the curb.

And hire who? Half the damn league is disciples of the shanahans.

at some point this team was gonna take a step back because of age and the amount of coaches that have been taken from here.

Also it's WK3 calm your tits
Originally posted by Hysterical rikal:
49er fans whine
Name a better combo

He's the greatest to ever do it and he's our HC.

Did you forget about the dubious record @Hysterical?

You mean a record that literally every HC is abysmal at? Cherry picking a stat that every HC is bad at is dumb.
If I had to critique something about Kyle, I would ask why he can't change up the defensive scheme more?

running the same s**t for years, no real developing there.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
And hire who? Half the damn league is disciples of the shanahans.

at some point this team was gonna take a step back because of age and the amount of coaches that have been taken from here.

Also it's WK3 calm your tits

Real talk, the defense needs a massive overhaul and I'm not sure if Kyle will let that happen. Drafting responsibilities and FA acquisition's need to be given to somebody else. He can call plays, outside of that, his input should be limited.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Real talk, the defense needs a massive overhaul and I'm not sure if Kyle will let that happen. Drafting responsibilities and FA acquisition's need to be given to somebody else. He can call plays, outside of that, his input should be limited.

I think having some fresh defensive ideas and a bit of a scheme change would be cool. I also understand that's not something you can do in one off season. Scheme is built around player skill sets.

as far as drafting goes. I don't know how other teams work and how much say each coach has in roster building…seems like SF's coaches have a ton of say.

Overall when you're spending a top 100 pick on a kicker he HAS to make that s**t. Our ST has been s**t for as long as I can remember.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jreff22:

I think having some fresh defensive ideas and a bit of a scheme change would be cool. I also understand that's not something you can do in one off season. Scheme is built around player skill sets.

as far as drafting goes. I don't know how other teams work and how much say each coach has in roster building…seems like SF's coaches have a ton of say.

Overall when you're spending a top 100 pick on a kicker he HAS to make that s**t. Our ST has been s**t for as long as I can remember.

Ignoring the OL for this long is a f**king sin. If he can't see the problem he shouldn't be drafting players.
I'm a big critic of Shanahan right now but the "fire Kyle" crowd needs to get real. We have this discussion every time there's a big loss.

Kyle is not going anywhere. Period. Outside of Andy Reid, he has an argument for strongest job security in the NFL. Say all you want about "no Super Bowl win tho " but he already has as many playoff wins as Mike Tomlin in 10 fewer seasons. He's been to four NFC Championship games in the last five seasons. Most franchises would kill to just go to one in five seasons.

To top it off, who on earth are you going to replace him with? Some college rando is not going to come in and just win a Super Bowl outside of maybe Jim Harbaugh, and there are no other Jim Harbaugh's in college football right now or anyone close to him.
STILL AN EGOTISTICAL NUT!!!
Share 49ersWebzone