49ers hold off Seahawks for much-needed win in Seattle, 36-24 →

There are 366 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by jreff22:
Ignoring the OL for this long is a f**king sin. If he can't see the problem he shouldn't be drafting players.
💯 Puni looks like a keeper and so does Banks, but you're right, the absolute failure to address the OL early and often is an albatross around Shanny's neck
[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Sep 23, 2024 at 6:54 AM ]
Ignoring the OL for this long is a f**king sin. If he can't see the problem he shouldn't be drafting players.

I think the OL coach has a TON with that as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Again, somebody needs to turn the heat up on the staff. If Kyle won't hold people accountable the GM needs to.

I have a hard time believing the OL coach has that much control but if that's the case get a new one.
Originally posted by PatandBow:
Kyle is to blame for hiring Sorensen.
Kyle is to blame for keeping the ST coach.
Kyle is to blame for Brendel Starting.
Kyle is to blame for Mckivitz Starting.
Kyle is to blame for keeping Ronnie Bell.
Kyle is to blame for taking his foot off the gas.
Kyle is to blame for not knowing how to coach 7 years later.
Kyle is to blame for not knowing how to close a game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kyle-shanahan-49ers-had-a-chance-to-run-away-with-it-instead-we-gave-the-rams-hope

Kyle still doesn't take Accountability for his mistakes. It's everyone else's fault.

I hope this is the year that Jed kicks Kyle's Ego to the curb.

And hire who? Half the damn league is disciples of the shanahans.

at some point this team was gonna take a step back because of age and the amount of coaches that have been taken from here.

Also it's WK3 calm your tits

Yeah, I'm not going that far. The fire Shanahan stuff is crazy.

There is an awful pattern with how the team is constructed and personnel use, but even our great Super Bowl teams had bad losses. That's unavoidable 99.9% of the time.

The team will get better because they are better and have a lot of talent coming back-Dre, CMC, Deebo, and Kittle. And I'll include Aiyuk too because he still isn't fully himself yet.

With that said whether it's coaching or players, some issues are pretty consistent over the years. It's a game we should've closed out and Kyle the playcaller put them in position to do so. But surrendering 3rd downs the way we did, putting Bell out there (I'm sorry, he cannot be a guy you out out there when you are trying to close out the game), and the special teams debacle- we're just being outsmarted and beaten to the punch by inferior teams with elite playcallers.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

I have a hard time believing the OL coach has that much control but if that's the case get a new one.

He does. There was an interview about it. Guys that score touchdowns > guys that protect.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

He does. There was an interview about it. Guys that score touchdowns > guys that protect.
Yeah I saw that but that doesn't point to the OL coach dictating the talent they acquire along the line that points to Shannahan undervaluing it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kyle-shanahan-49ers-had-a-chance-to-run-away-with-it-instead-we-gave-the-rams-hope

Kyle still doesn't take Accountability for his mistakes. It's everyone else's fault.

And hire who? Half the damn league is disciples of the shanahans.

at some point this team was gonna take a step back because of age and the amount of coaches that have been taken from here.

Also it's WK3 calm your tits
Being a Shanahan disciple would actually be a plus if the need were to arise.
Sure we can blame Kyle for not running more but it shouldn't have made a difference. There were 6 drops and that made a big difference. The offense was pretty much Purdy to Jennings and handoff to Mason.

There were also 3 big plays. The 46 yard PI, the 50 yard completion and that big punt return. Those were on the defense. Those were difference makers. Atwell is fast but he's 5'9" and about 165 lbs. If they can't defend hm then they are in big trouble the rest of the year. The D line gave Stafford all day to throw in the 2nd half. I don't know why they can't get more pressure. I don't want to hear that the other team is holding. Every team holds to some extent. Bosa isn't getting to the QB even when he's not double teamed. He's having trouble getting away from the tackle once he makes contact. The DC needs to make some major changes.
Already dropped two. Going to lose against Detroi, Green Bay and KC and we will split against Seattle and Arizona.

This might be a 9-10 win team.

• jcs
  • Veteran
This team is not playing hungry as if they expect to make the playoffs by simply showing up. That's on the HC
Originally posted by jcs:
This team is not playing hungry as if they expect to make the playoffs by simply showing up. That's on the HC
Other than a few individuals it appears that way for now.
Originally posted by jcs:

I came here to express similar sentiment this morning. Its always good to sleep on a game then reprocess in the morning for me.

It's obvious to me the years of Kyles staff being poached is showing its consequences. His sources back from Washington have dried up. He needs to get new blood for sure. Nots sure how, but he needs to bring in fresh ideas (Especially on defense and ST)

Another point is I think almost everyone agrees a negative around him and this regime is the o-line. There is really no debate imo. It is incredibly frustrating.

Aside that though is exactly what you said. This team back in 19 was a beast and nobody wanted to face us. We wore people out and were that physical with a F type of team.

We are not that anymore and tbh I think we are the the ones getting handled in the trenches far more often than not. So the question is why and that's the one that hangs darkest over Kyle imo.

So you made a half ass list of bad decisions Kyle has ever made but did not list anything positive. What if someone made a list of all your bad decisions in your life and that is what everyone used to judge you? How will that go?

Imagine stating Kyle doenst know how to coach or close a game when the man is literally coming off of 2 straight NFCCC appearances and has taken this team to the playoffs every year in which he has a healthy QB. Now if you said he can't lose the Super Bowl then i couln't argue.

Does Kyle deserve some of the blame? Sure does but its hard to place all of the blame on him when the players don't execute. It was his play calling that got us the 14 pt lead. It was his play calling that put the Niners in position to seal the game except Moody missed the kick, It was his play calling that got Bell open to make the catch and what probably would have won the game.
Originally posted by miked1978:

So you made a half ass list of bad decisions Kyle has ever made but did not list anything positive. What if someone made a list of all your bad decisions in your life and that is what everyone used to judge you? How will that go?

Imagine stating Kyle doenst know how to coach or close a game when the man is literally coming off of 2 straight NFCCC appearances and has taken this team to the playoffs every year in which he has a healthy QB. Now if you said he can't lose the Super Bowl then i couln't argue.

Does Kyle deserve some of the blame? Sure does but its hard to place all of the blame on him when the players don't execute. It was his play calling that got us the 14 pt lead. It was his play calling that put the Niners in position to seal the game except Moody missed the kick, It was his play calling that got Bell open to make the catch and what probably would have won the game.

LET US all be honest up in here.. Tho both Kyle and Lynch done a great job making this team very COMPETETIVE, we just DO NOT HAVE the right HC to win us another Super Bowl...

We are the San Diego Chargers of the 80s as far as talent and coaches..
Share 49ersWebzone