LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 190 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DrEll:
We led all game. Majority of it by 2 scores. Their RB had more carries than ours. Our RB was second in the league in rushing yards up to this point.

If you can't find fault with this simple truth, that sucks for you. Breaking down an offensive series play by play does not justify coach's decisions. It's the same flawed logic you guys used in the SB 3rd quarter, after we intercepted Mahomes pass and went on a passing spree for the next 3 series with nothing to show for it.

you use the run to weaken the defense. Even if it's not working, you keep doing it because eventually against a lesser opponent the dam will either break or you set yourself up for a PA pass. Kyle's philosophy of having Brock doing 5-7 step drop backs every pass in a game he was leading by 10+ was an assinine approach.

And if they ran and didn't do s**t you would complain that they didn't throw the ball on a dogs**t secondary that was getting gashed through the air.

arguing with you in this thread is pointless. Folks should realize that by now.

Been saying
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
We led all game. Majority of it by 2 scores. Their RB had more carries than ours. Our RB was second in the league in rushing yards up to this point.

If you can't find fault with this simple truth, that sucks for you. Breaking down an offensive series play by play does not justify coach's decisions. It's the same flawed logic you guys used in the SB 3rd quarter, after we intercepted Mahomes pass and went on a passing spree for the next 3 series with nothing to show for it.

you use the run to weaken the defense. Even if it's not working, you keep doing it because eventually against a lesser opponent the dam will either break or you set yourself up for a PA pass. Kyle's philosophy of having Brock doing 5-7 step drop backs every pass in a game he was leading by 10+ was an assinine approach.

And if they ran and didn't do s**t you would complain that they didn't throw the ball on a dogs**t secondary that was getting gashed through the air.

Been saying

Fans have the luxury of 2nd guessing play calls. Anything that doesn't work was a bad call to some fans. Even the best call doesn't always work.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Been saying

Arguing, discussing, debating with that dude is pointless, period!!!!
Losing faith in this guy. Playing Bell over Cowling and his rookie doghouse is another example while rookies all over the league light it up.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Losing faith in this guy. Playing Bell over Cowling and his rookie doghouse is another example while rookies all over the league light it up.

I want to see Cowing too but maybe he's still learning the plays. Remember that the 49er receivers are also required to block downfield. He'll get his chance.
I'm telling you all:

Four NFC Championship appearances in five years, eight playoff wins.

You can hate him. You can be critical of him. You can play the "no Super Bowl wins tho!!! " card all you want. But at the end of the day, there have been coaches with vastly worse resumes who lasted much longer, and coaches with similar or even slightly worse resumes who aren't even on the hot seat at all.

Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 6+ playoff wins from January 2020-present. Shanahan has eight. Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 3+ NFC Championship appearances. Shanahan has four.

He's not going anywhere. Get over yourself.
CMC in Germany seeking advice or treatment on his injury. Not a good sign.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I'm telling you all:

You can hate him. You can be critical of him. You can play the "no Super Bowl wins tho!!! " card all you want. But at the end of the day, there have been coaches with vastly worse resumes who lasted much longer, and coaches with similar or even slightly worse resumes who aren't even on the hot seat at all.

Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 6+ playoff wins from January 2020-present. Shanahan has eight. Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 3+ NFC Championship appearances. Shanahan has four.

He has an all-star roster bro. Of course this should be the result.
I'm telling you all:

Which he was a big part of building that roster and putting those players in a position to succeed.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I think it's the sane stem cell treatment manning, Kobe etc did.

I'm telling you all:

All the "all-star rosters" around the league and yet Shanahan has been by far the second-best coach in the last five years? Are you telling me anyone can coach this team to the second-best resume over the last five years?

Again, I have some heavy critiques on Shanahan. But the "fire Shanahan" chants need to stop. They happen every time we lose a game and they're beyond tiring.

And interestingly, I still haven't gotten a SINGLE answer as to who we should replace him with.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I think it's the sane stem cell treatment manning, Kobe etc did.

Might be but it still isn't a good sign. Once you start seeking treatments like that it usually means it isn't healing as fast as you would like.
I'm telling you all:

A roster that he assembled. How dense are we pretending to be?
I would like to see Kyle stand at the podium for once and just take ownership and accountability for a poor performance in coaching and player personnel decisions.

That's all. Don't throw your DC and ST coach under the bus. They have jobs because of you Kyle. Bell is out there because of Kyle. Mckivitz and Brendel are starting because of you Kyle.

I'd complain a hell of a lot less if Kyle just admitted that it's his fault.

That's what leaders do.
Kyle needs to make better decisions, I don't think that he will correct what needs to be done. I think this season is likely going to be mediocre and yeah, that s**t is on Kyle some. He can change stuff but doubt he will. And our good players have to put up with this bs.
Share 49ersWebzone