LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 190 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Losing faith in this guy. Playing Bell over Cowling and his rookie doghouse is another example while rookies all over the league light it up.

I want to see Cowing too but maybe he's still learning the plays. Remember that the 49er receivers are also required to block downfield. He'll get his chance.
That may be true but that doesn't excuse playing Bell over Conley.
So Kyle is saying Cowing doesn't know the offense well enough.
I think Kyle should at least just concentrate on coaching and not have personnel/GM powers anymore. His decision-making has been mixed in the latter especially the last few years which are finally coming back to bite this team. Also, feel that the extra responsibility might be too much for him. It was for Walsh over time.
[ Edited by ninerFate on Sep 24, 2024 at 8:47 AM ]
Kyle had his chance. Fire Kyle and bring in Ben Johnson.
Kyle is a choke artist and needs to go.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
That may be true but that doesn't excuse playing Bell over Conley.

Bell made absolutely no sense. Kinda over these decisions by Kyle. It is one after the other. Like come on man lol
Watching the 49ers reminds me of playing kids in Madden running the same play and targeting the same player on that play. Blitzing when you shouldn't and not managing the clock and timeouts with efficiency.

It is clear that the assistants and coordinators around him made the teams what it was and now that he's got yes-men at coordinator we're seeing the real truth.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I'm telling you all:

Four NFC Championship appearances in five years, eight playoff wins.

You can hate him. You can be critical of him. You can play the "no Super Bowl wins tho!!! " card all you want. But at the end of the day, there have been coaches with vastly worse resumes who lasted much longer, and coaches with similar or even slightly worse resumes who aren't even on the hot seat at all.

Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 6+ playoff wins from January 2020-present. Shanahan has eight. Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 3+ NFC Championship appearances. Shanahan has four.

He's not going anywhere. Get over yourself.
He has an all-star roster bro. Of course this should be the result.

All the "all-star rosters" around the league and yet Shanahan has been by far the second-best coach in the last five years? Are you telling me anyone can coach this team to the second-best resume over the last five years?

Again, I have some heavy critiques on Shanahan. But the "fire Shanahan" chants need to stop. They happen every time we lose a game and they're beyond tiring.

And interestingly, I still haven't gotten a SINGLE answer as to who we should replace him with.

Who knows, Seattle seems to be doing just fine with a brand new coach.

it feels like last year was the opportunity and this year is a transition owing to the fact we have to pay Brock. We're not much different than the Bills, a great team that can't beat the Chiefs.

Anyways, what happened this offseason? Players said I sold out for the team last year, nah, I'm going to look out for #1. CMC demanded a restructure (and hasn't played since), Trent demanded a restructure (and isn't playing well), Aiyuk threw an epic temper tantrum and is a shell of his former self. The team doesn't play hard, the defense looks hopelessly out coached each passing week. Maybe things will turn right around but it looks like the Shanahan's Schtick may be wearing thin on the players. His still a good coach but has he lost the locker room?

Major roster management concerns at this point. Why did we spend two early round picks on WRs who won't get on the field, then pay Aiyuk and Jennings? As we transition to a roster where we have to pay Brock they are going to need to invest more in the offensive line.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 24, 2024 at 9:21 AM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by raywm3:
I'm not even going to read all these posts. Just gonna state that you/we can hate some of the decisions Kyle makes here and there and rightfully so. Some of those decisions are costly. But I laugh at everybody who advocates to "get rid of Kyle" lol. Yes, let's get rid of the architech of this entire team that has gone to 3 conference championships and 2 super bowls.

Andy Reid walked the same path and was fired for being able to win the big game in Philly. Now look at him. It's not that Kyle can't, it's that he hasn't.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Kyle had his chance. Fire Kyle and bring in Ben Johnson.
Kyle is a choke artist and needs to go.

f**k no. Fans like you need your 49ers fan card membership revoked.

Ben Johnson is a choke artist too then right, after all he had the lead in the NFCC then let it slip away.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I'm telling you all:

You can hate him. You can be critical of him. You can play the "no Super Bowl wins tho!!! " card all you want. But at the end of the day, there have been coaches with vastly worse resumes who lasted much longer, and coaches with similar or even slightly worse resumes who aren't even on the hot seat at all.

Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 6+ playoff wins from January 2020-present. Shanahan has eight. Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 3+ NFC Championship appearances. Shanahan has four.

All the "all-star rosters" around the league and yet Shanahan has been by far the second-best coach in the last five years? Are you telling me anyone can coach this team to the second-best resume over the last five years?

Again, I have some heavy critiques on Shanahan. But the "fire Shanahan" chants need to stop. They happen every time we lose a game and they're beyond tiring.

And interestingly, I still haven't gotten a SINGLE answer as to who we should replace him with.

it feels like last year was the opportunity and this year is a transition owing to the fact we have to pay Brock. We're not much different than the Bills, a great team that can't beat the Chiefs.

Anyways, what happened this offseason? Players said I sold out for the team last year, nah, I'm going to look out for #1. CMC demanded a restructure (and hasn't played since), Trent demanded a restructure (and isn't playing well), Aiyuk threw an epic temper tantrum and is a shell of his former self. The team doesn't play hard, the defense looks hopelessly out coached each passing week. Maybe things will turn right around but it looks like the Shanahan's Schtick may be wearing thin on the players. His still a good coach but has he lost the locker room?

Major roster management concerns at this point. Why did we spend two early round picks on WRs who won't get on the field, then pay Aiyuk and Jennings? As we transition to a roster where we have to pay Brock they are going to need to invest more in the offensive line.

Seattle hasn't played anyone good yet. Two home games against Denver and Miami without Tua. The one road game was against NE. The Niners have a home game against the Jets. and 2 road games against the Vikings and Rams.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I'm telling you all:

Seattle hasn't played anyone good yet. Two home games against Denver and Miami without Tua. The one road game was against NE. The Niners have a home game against the Jets. and 2 road games against the Vikings and Rams.

We just lost to a decimated Rams squad.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Ben Johnson is a choke artist too then right, after all he had the lead in the NFCC then let it slip away.

Cant hold Ben Johnson to the same standard as Kyle.

Ben Johnson is a choke artist too then right, after all he had the lead in the NFCC then let it slip away
I don't need to prove my fandom to you. Stupid comment.
im just not a Kyle fanboy. I realize there are a lot of them here. When you choke away what has been the most talented roster in the league for 3 years, you deserve to get fired. I woulda been up for Belicheck last year and we woulda won a ring but no. So, Kyle pissed away what shoulda been another 49ers dynasty. He blew it with trey and lucked into purdy. Dude is just overrated as hell. We coulda pulled a golden state warriors and fired mark jackson to bring in a coach that gets this franchise over the finish but no. Not enough forward thinking in the F.O.
Mike Holmgren ison KNBR now. He just talked about how Walsh used to walk around during practices at training camp with note cards. He would take notes on what he saw the various position coaches doing and then address it during team meetings. Maybe Kyle needs to start doing that. Instead of note cards he can use his tablet.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Cant hold Ben Johnson to the same standard as Kyle.

lol
Share 49ersWebzone