There are 183 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
f**k no. Fans like you need your 49ers fan card membership revoked.

Ben Johnson is a choke artist too then right, after all he had the lead in the NFCC then let it slip away
I don't need to prove my fandom to you. Stupid comment.
im just not a Kyle fanboy. I realize there are a lot of them here. When you choke away what has been the most talented roster in the league for 3 years, you deserve to get fired. I woulda been up for Belicheck last year and we woulda won a ring but no. So, Kyle pissed away what shoulda been another 49ers dynasty. He blew it with trey and lucked into purdy. Dude is just overrated as hell. We coulda pulled a golden state warriors and fired mark jackson to bring in a coach that gets this franchise over the finish but no. Not enough forward thinking in the F.O.

I ain't no Kyle fanboy either, but how is kyle choking away this roster? The injuries are adding up, should Kyle be the one at practice everyday help putting bandages and ice on the players who should he coach?

Ben Johnson, one-hit wonder, WTF do you think he's doing now, last I checked the 49ers offense is better than Detroit's right now. Must be nice to have a healthy roster.

So many things wrong with your post, it's hilarious and I should stop here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Mike Holmgren ison KNBR now. He just talked about how Walsh used to walk around during practices at training camp with note cards. He would take notes on what he saw the various position coaches doing and then address it during team meetings. Maybe Kyle needs to start doing that. Instead of note cards he can use his tablet.

How do you know he's not?
Mike Holmgren ison KNBR now. He just talked about how Walsh used to walk around during practices at training camp with note cards. He would take notes on what he saw the various position coaches doing and then address it during team meetings. Maybe Kyle needs to start doing that. Instead of note cards he can use his tablet.

He's too knee deep in coloring his play chart...
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

I don't know but I suspect he's way to invested in the offense to spend time elsewhere. He may walk around and watch the position practices but judging from the way he answers questions I doubt he's as detail oriented as Walsh. The clock management and inability to finish close games tells me this.
Kyle is the dumbest intelligent coach ever
Originally posted by Eli_23:

Brandon Staley would like to challenge for your crown.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Brandon Staley would like to challenge for your crown.

Shhhh he's been waiting all day to say that, just laugh.

He kind of fits that. There are some real impractical things he does. While scheming and shifting motions well.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

I don't know but I suspect he's way to invested in the offense to spend time elsewhere. He may walk around and watch the position practices but judging from the way he answers questions I doubt he's as detail oriented as Walsh. The clock management and inability to finish close games tells me this.

Walsh was hardly perfect, either. Giants were his Chiefs, had some pretty embarrassing losses at times, and so on. His defense doesn't step up against the Cowboys on the last drive people are talking about how that bum Montana had 4 turnovers in January 1982. It's a game of a 1000 moments between 100+ people.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 24, 2024 at 10:47 AM ]

Ben Johnson is a choke artist too then right, after all he had the lead in the NFCC then let it slip away
im just not a Kyle fanboy. I realize there are a lot of them here. When you choke away what has been the most talented roster in the league for 3 years, you deserve to get fired. I woulda been up for Belicheck last year and we woulda won a ring but no. So, Kyle pissed away what shoulda been another 49ers dynasty. He blew it with trey and lucked into purdy. Dude is just overrated as hell. We coulda pulled a golden state warriors and fired mark jackson to bring in a coach that gets this franchise over the finish but no. Not enough forward thinking in the F.O.

I ain't no Kyle fanboy either, but how is kyle choking away this roster? The injuries are adding up, should Kyle be the one at practice everyday help putting bandages and ice on the players who should he coach?

Ben Johnson, one-hit wonder, WTF do you think he's doing now, last I checked the 49ers offense is better than Detroit's right now. Must be nice to have a healthy roster.

So many things wrong with your post, it's hilarious and I should stop here.

Yeah sometimes it just comes down to luck. Any number of bounces or calls go our way in those Super Bowls and we win a least 1. Tough luck, but that's how it goes. Kyle is keeping us competitive every year unless the injuries become too much. If he can keep getting us deep in the playoffs, at some point, things will break our way. If we fire him, we risk getting another Chip Kelly or Tomusla, then we are starting from scratch again.

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I'm telling you all:

Four NFC Championship appearances in five years, eight playoff wins.

You can hate him. You can be critical of him. You can play the "no Super Bowl wins tho!!! " card all you want. But at the end of the day, there have been coaches with vastly worse resumes who lasted much longer, and coaches with similar or even slightly worse resumes who aren't even on the hot seat at all.

Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 6+ playoff wins from January 2020-present. Shanahan has eight. Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 3+ NFC Championship appearances. Shanahan has four.

He's not going anywhere. Get over yourself.
He has an all-star roster bro. Of course this should be the result.

Which he was a big part of building that roster and putting those players in a position to succeed.

He's also responsible for a ton of whiffs then as well. Too many IMO

Um, who assembled the most talented roster? That's right, him. Belicheck wasn't even available last year and even if he was, you somehow know that he would've won a ring with us? Overrated as hell? He took a bottom of the league team/roster and turned it into a perennial contender. Talk about stupid comments.
Originally posted by raywm3:
Um, who assembled the most talented roster? That's right, him. Belicheck wasn't even available last year and even if he was, you somehow know that he would've won a ring with us? Overrated as hell? He took a bottom of the league team/roster and turned it into a perennial contender. Talk about stupid comments.

The guy who didn't even want to scout Patrick mahomes. Genius my a$$. Overrated. Trey Lance alone should have been a fireable offense. He just happened to luck into purdy.

you Kyle fanboys are definitely in the minority now. Get use to it. It's gonna get worse till he's finally tossed out on his a$$.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Sep 24, 2024 at 11:16 AM ]

The guy who didn't even want to scout Patrick mahomes. Genius my a$$. Overrated. Trey Lance alone should have been a fireable offense. He just happened to luck into purdy.

you Kyle fanboys are definitely in the minority now. Get use to it. It's gonna get worse till he's finally tossed out on his a$$.

Lol. With who? You think it's that easy to just hire a superbowl? How's that worked out for every team ever, including us? It's stunning to me the level of unappreciation for what we have. Not really a fanboy, but a little. Only because I know how easy it is to be critical of anybody and fail to see the overall body of work.
Lol. With who? You think it's that easy to just hire a superbowl? How's that worked out for every team ever, including us? It's stunning to me the level of unappreciation for what we have. Not really a fanboy, but a little. Only because I know how easy it is to be critical of anybody and fail to see the overall body of work.

Your making it sound like we are talking about throwing a 2nd year coach out. He's been here for 8 years!
You want to give him 12 years? Maybe 15? Tell me
what you'd like to see.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Sep 24, 2024 at 11:41 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone