LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 211 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

he just needs a new hat. i've noticed all coaches are wearing the same style of hat so far this season, and aaron jones can just come in with a purple sombrero, but for the coaches there are no options. that doesn't seem right but i don't fully know the hat rules for coaches.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Kyle is the dumbest intelligent coach ever

He kind of fits that. There are some real impractical things he does. While scheming and shifting motions well.

Kyle is very smart but his instincts are bad.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I'm telling you all:

Four NFC Championship appearances in five years, eight playoff wins.

You can hate him. You can be critical of him. You can play the "no Super Bowl wins tho!!! " card all you want. But at the end of the day, there have been coaches with vastly worse resumes who lasted much longer, and coaches with similar or even slightly worse resumes who aren't even on the hot seat at all.

Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 6+ playoff wins from January 2020-present. Shanahan has eight. Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 3+ NFC Championship appearances. Shanahan has four.

He's not going anywhere. Get over yourself.
He has an all-star roster bro. Of course this should be the result.

Which he was a big part of building that roster and putting those players in a position to succeed.

I guess you and I differ in our definition of "succeed". 2nd place trophies don't count as success in my book. Sorry…
Originally posted by DrEll:
I'm telling you all:

You can hate him. You can be critical of him. You can play the "no Super Bowl wins tho!!! " card all you want. But at the end of the day, there have been coaches with vastly worse resumes who lasted much longer, and coaches with similar or even slightly worse resumes who aren't even on the hot seat at all.

Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 6+ playoff wins from January 2020-present. Shanahan has eight. Other than Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan, no coach in the NFL has 3+ NFC Championship appearances. Shanahan has four.

Which he was a big part of building that roster and putting those players in a position to succeed.

I guess you and I differ in our definition of "succeed". 2nd place trophies don't count as success in my book. Sorry…

We know, you're a genz/early millennial were you need to get your way for everything, don't understand competition, and when you don't get your way you cry and pout like a child at the store with mommy who doesn't get his toys.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
I'm telling you all:

We know, you're a genz/early millennial were you need to get your way for everything, don't understand competition, and when you don't get your way you cry and pout like a child at the store with mommy who doesn't get his toys.

Actually I'm not. That's why I expect SB or bust year in and year out. It's the young lazy fans that enjoy the "journey"…the "camaraderie"….the "effort" the team gives week in and week out. It's lame. As I've said before, EddieD would not have stood for this BS. Kyle would likely have been tossed after he lost that Rams NFCC game, giving up his second 10 point lead in the closing moments.

the Jed Yorks of this world only care about the revenue. They have the youngsters duped…
I'm telling you all:

Actually I'm not. That's why I expect SB or bust year in and year out. It's the young lazy fans that enjoy the "journey"…the "camaraderie"….the "effort" the team gives week in and week out. It's lame. As I've said before, EddieD would not have stood for this BS. Kyle would likely have been tossed after he lost that Rams NFCC game, giving up his second 10 point lead in the closing moments.

the Jed Yorks of this world only care about the revenue. They have the youngsters duped…

We are one of the highest spending teams in the league for the past decade and some. We give out the highest signing bonuses so we can help our cap. He's also okay with cutting ties with players early and paying for it. You really sound like you know who when it comes to the 49ers (politics talk, we can't say it but u know ) I mean that last sentence was faithfulesque AF

As far the rest of your post, idc what you say since you sound exactly like that. All the older fans are happy to at least watch some damn good football and have a chance each year. You live in some childish world where you act like the main character. News flash, there are 31 other football teams, and unfortunately we happen to have to play against Mahommes in those SBs, and we don't have the luxury of no salary cap anymore.

Learn sports, go play one (you're still young) and understand that great players win, not the coaches.
KS the participation trophy king
I'm telling you all:

Yeah that's b******t. I saw some pretty awful football with Eddie, then all the SBs, followed by awful football again , then good and so on and so on. I don't believe for a second guys like you, koldo and the other petulant whiners ever watched a SB win or any of the playoff losses under Walsh . Maybe you saw 94 or as a kid? The way you young fellas talk now reminds me exactly how I used to talk as a youngster when they weren't winning it every single year . How old are you ?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Sep 24, 2024 at 8:40 PM ]
What a tragedy this turned into. False hope is worse than a total disaster. Because you hang onto it for too long. Like these two getting an extension for big money and more years. It's clear by now that they won't be able to win the big one. They lose the big games. We are currently declining and descending with an aging team. Injured all over the place.

I'm done with this regime. Get rid of Shanahan. We need a new Head Coach. Plus trade away the aging players. Rebuild through the draft. Maybe the next time we are ready to go Mahomes will be older and we have a chance. Currently we don't.

What a tragedy this turned into. False hope is worse than a total disaster. Because you hang onto it for too long. Like these two getting an extension for big money and more years. It's clear by now that they won't be able to win the big one. They lose the big games. We are currently declining and descending with an aging team. Injured all over the place.

I'm done with this regime. Get rid of Shanahan. We need a new Head Coach. Plus trade away the aging players. Rebuild through the draft. Maybe the next time we are ready to go Mahomes will be older and we have a chance. Currently we don't.

Let's go on a 5+ year losing streak and be a joke again

Loser ass mentality
If Shanahan retired tomorrow, most 49ers fans will not remember him fondly. Fair or not, he will be known as the guy who couldn't seal the deal.

And no..just getting there shouldn't be enough. 49ers aren't the Browns or Jets. This is a historic franchise who only bases success on SB wins.

Um, I don't know how old you are, but you should be aware that Eddie DeBartolo pressured Bill Walsh out of the Niners. And very much as tossing Shanahan out now would be a massive mistake, that was a huge error too. Just because Eddie DeBartolo did it doesn't make it right.

lol, the team is 1-2. pump the brakes a little bit.
Let's go on a 5+ year losing streak and be a joke again

Loser ass mentality

your the one afraid to fire choke ass kyle, "cause we'll suck again".

Thats loser ass mentality.

A bunch of "everyone gets a participation trophy" types in here.
Share 49ersWebzone